User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Unknown fact: You can purchase your whole wardrobe from the clearance section and still be the hottest one in the room
    I dont usually buy anything unless its clearance, and I dont buy it unless I REALLY like it. I'm picky and cheap as well, but I KNOW I still look fly You just gotta know how/where to shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    And in a world of peacocks, I'm sure your the one flaunting your feathers
    I would never...

Quote Originally Posted by defragmybrain View Post
    i'm with you on this one...
    Birds of a feather flock together. We're only one letter apart (ESFP/ESTP)!

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Unknown fact: You can purchase your whole wardrobe from the clearance section and still be the hottest one in the room

I dont usually buy anything unless its clearance, and I dont buy it unless I REALLY like it. I'm picky and cheap as well, but I KNOW I still look fly You just gotta know how/where to shop.
    +100!

This is a damn good quote. You don't have to spend a fortune to look like a million bucks. I'm a big time bargain shopper too, but I only buy really good quality stuff, and I buy classic pieces that will be of utility for more than one season. I might only wear Adidas to the gym, but I guarantee you that I spent no more than $10-15 per shirt/shorts because I shop at outlets and hit the big sales. Also, I go to consignment stores with some regularity.

A few years ago a guy who must have been a big wig executive of some kind lost a ton of weight, and treated himself to a new wardrobe. I'm a bodybuilder, so I know I have to get a full rec-cut on any suit I buy, whether it is new or not. But, if I can find a Hart, Schaffner, Marx suit for $25 at a consignment shop instead of the $400 it costs at Dillards, that allows me to spend $100 on tailoring and make it fit like it should. If I wore off the rack business clothes without getting them tailored I would look like a clown! :yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI
    INTP

Do you have the most trouble with trousers? I've known bodybuilders with large quads/hammies that always wore stuff with an elastic waist.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I dunno, I dislike sticking out. You can find me in Athletic clothing, it's the most comfortable. Track pants, sweat pants, random T shirts, etc. I also do jeans and collared T shirts. It's usually one of those sorts of outfits that I'm wearing. It's all from Wal Mart or otherwise a closeout price.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    +100!

This is a damn good quote. You don't have to spend a fortune to look like a million bucks. I'm a big time bargain shopper too, but I only buy really good quality stuff, and I buy classic pieces that will be of utility for more than one season. I might only wear Adidas to the gym, but I guarantee you that I spent no more than $10-15 per shirt/shorts because I shop at outlets and hit the big sales. Also, I go to consignment stores with some regularity.
    Exacally! You can get name brand things too really cheap if thats what you want. But just like you, I love looking for unique pieces of clothing. I try to make sure I'd be able to wear it with other outfits as well or else you cant wear it often. I think alot of people think they cant look good if they don't have the money, but thats rubish. There are lots of opportunities to look good at a great price. I got my prom dress for $20 right after new years when they sell all these awsome dresses for less because of the holidays and stuff. My dress as originally $150. Just gotta know what your doing.

Another secret: get pieces of clothing you can mix and match to widen your outfit possibilities. [i think i should just make my own little secrets]
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Do you have the most trouble with trousers? I've known bodybuilders with large quads/hammies that always wore stuff with an elastic waist.
    Pants are the most ridiculous thing for me to find, thou art correct. I have the glutes/thighs/calves of a silverback gorilla, and a 34" waist. I would wear pants with an elastic waist if it didn't show on the outside. I can't bear to wear old man golfer pants with the elastic conspicuously showing on the outer seam of the trouser's waistband. The other thing I hate in pants is pleats. They make you look like you have a puffy bladder. Not very flattering, regardless of your physique. :steaming:

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I dunno, I dislike sticking out. You can find me in Athletic clothing, it's the most comfortable. Track pants, sweat pants, random T shirts, etc. I also do jeans and collared T shirts. It's usually one of those sorts of outfits that I'm wearing. It's all from Wal Mart or otherwise a closeout price.
    I use to purchase clothing from walmart, but i noticed that for woman the clothes shrink too easily because its a crappy quality. I dont know if its the same for guys. The only thing I purchase from walmart is my food, underwear and socks. Thats it.

MBTI
    INTP

I agree with how lame elastic bands look on trousers and also think pleats are girly.

My secret though is just being blessed with strikingly good looks.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    My secret though is just being blessed with strikingly good looks.
    I'm so jelouse

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I feel ya Halla, I've gotta get my button down shirts custom fit to accommodate my chest and shoulders while being slim in the mid section.

Suits are pretty much the same.