I need your help. Does this describe you? I have a hunch...
I've figured out that my bf's at least an IxxP but beyond that he remains a mystery.
- He has a few close friends to whom he's very loyal.
- One of the most understanding/communicative/thoughful guys I've met. He "gets" me, can read me in two seconds. He adores me.
- Outside of our relationship he has a very short attention span, has outbursts of complaints randomly yelling at people about little things ie "I HATE RED LIGHTS!" "Damn so and so did such and such!"
- He is really sweet and quirky to me. Kinda goofy at times, he still has his teddy bear from childhood. When we first met he said I was one of the few people who understands his sense of insulting humor.
- He complains if I don't spend enough time with him. (ENFJ busy out to conquer the world ) But when I come home and hang out we don't have deep conversations. He sits and cuddles on the bed and watches TV.
- He's pretty messy. Enjoys his hobbies, and experiencing things but not particularly risk taking/adventurous.
We've been dating a year and a half and basically never argue, maybe 3 disagreements the whole time which we got over very quickly. We're both very laid back and comfortable in the relationship.
Question is, which IxxP?
INTP - He's too sweet and thoughful.
INFP - Definitely not a dreamer going around trying to save people.
ISFP - Not artistic and creative. Loyal and sensitive fits though.
ISTP - Independent and experiencing fits, but don't think that's primary.
The second part of my question is. I want to know what needs he has and how I can be a better person in the relationship.
If you can relate, what do you like/dislike about others in relationships and need for a healthy one?