• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] IxxP's come hither!

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I need your help. Does this describe you? I have a hunch...
I've figured out that my bf's at least an IxxP but beyond that he remains a mystery.

- He has a few close friends to whom he's very loyal.
- One of the most understanding/communicative/thoughful guys I've met. He "gets" me, can read me in two seconds. He adores me.
- Outside of our relationship he has a very short attention span, has outbursts of complaints randomly yelling at people about little things ie "I HATE RED LIGHTS!" "Damn so and so did such and such!"
- He is really sweet and quirky to me. Kinda goofy at times, he still has his teddy bear from childhood. When we first met he said I was one of the few people who understands his sense of insulting humor.
- He complains if I don't spend enough time with him. (ENFJ busy out to conquer the world :devil:) But when I come home and hang out we don't have deep conversations. He sits and cuddles on the bed and watches TV.
- He's pretty messy. Enjoys his hobbies, and experiencing things but not particularly risk taking/adventurous.

We've been dating a year and a half and basically never argue, maybe 3 disagreements the whole time which we got over very quickly. We're both very laid back and comfortable in the relationship.

Question is, which IxxP?
INTP - He's too sweet and thoughful.
INFP - Definitely not a dreamer going around trying to save people.
ISFP - Not artistic and creative. Loyal and sensitive fits though.
ISTP - Independent and experiencing fits, but don't think that's primary.

4038305523_7001397565_m.jpg

=============================

The second part of my question is. I want to know what needs he has and how I can be a better person in the relationship.

If you can relate, what do you like/dislike about others in relationships and need for a healthy one?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Looks ISTP to me.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
[INNUENDO] I came when I saw this. [/INNUENDO]

ISXP
Not exactly definite, but every letter helps.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I would say... could be any. I'll also add that it might not matter a whole lot - the IxxP sounds entirely likely. A lot of the traits that people think about when "typing" people tend to be the extreme traits - and some people just aren't extreme. This is compounded if he's particularly introverted.

If I had to *guess*, I'd say IxFP - but any are completely within the realm of possibility from what you've said.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see any clear indication of S or N in the description, I_FP I believe.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ taking both probability into account and the look of his hairstyle he is an S. I say he's a T because he is 'sweet' to her. By default, you cannot call someone an F just because he is 'sweet' to his spouse.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:huh: I doubt he's an ISTP. Last thing I'd ever complain about is someone not spending enough time with me. Plus, wouldn't be caught dead in front
of a television for more that an hour without doing something else.

ISTP's like to organize things, it's like a game...getting our toys in their place.
uh, generally a little disorder doesn't bother an ISTP, like if the girlfriend or wife is away we get a bit slack. But girlfriend, wife coming back home or over? Holy chit! Chill out a little longer then - Clean like a bunch of mad men at the last possible second.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see any clear indication of S or N in the description, I_FP I believe.

I agree...however think a definate S in that hobbies are mentioned.

So ISFP. :headphne:

ENFJ and an ISFP would be a natural attraction.

Just because the ISFP isn't paticularly "artistic" doesn't mean it's not an ISFP, no more than all ISTP's are mechanics.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
:huh: I doubt he's an ISTP. Last thing I'd ever complain about is someone not spending enough time with me. Plus, wouldn't be caught dead in front
of a television for more that an hour without doing something else.

ISTP's like to organize things, it's like a game...getting our toys in their place.
uh, generally a little disorder doesn't bother an ISTP, like if the girlfriend or wife is away we get a bit slack. But girlfriend, wife coming back home or over? Holy chit! Chill out a little longer then - Clean like a bunch of mad men at the last possible second.

Ahahaha. I totally can relate to that.

And to the OP: I'm putting my bet on ISFP or INFP

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was gonna say he sounded like ISFP or ISTP but then I saw the picture and it completely threw me off. He looks way too preppy for ISxP. At least the ones I know. We would usually rather be off doing something interesting instead of playing with our hair. So...I got nothing.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was gonna say he sounded like ISFP or ISTP but then I saw the picture and it completely threw me off. He looks way too preppy for ISxP. At least the ones I know. We would usually rather be off doing something interesting instead of playing with our hair. So...I got nothing.

I noticed the same thing as to hair/clothing, an ISTP wouldn't put that kind of effort into "sculpting" and is more prone to athletic and/or casual clothes.

Grayscale recently posted a pic and he looks like the a-typical ISTP. Nice simple cut, clean white t-shirt and a certain intensity err...something I see
in my own photographs or those of ISTP friends. Cracks me up it's something about me and other ISTP's I see having heard others point it out, but
nothing I'd ever felt and/or really noticed on my own.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
[INNUENDO] I came when I saw this. [/INNUENDO]
ROFL! why thank you

I'd say IXFJ. messy does not necessarily mean P
Well I ruled that out because he isn't much goal oriented, doesn't make lists of stuff, and isn't very organized. Doesn't seem centered around high values like I am, and he helps me relax when people get on my nerves for not doing what I think is ethically right.

I say he's a T because he is 'sweet' to her. By default, you cannot call someone an F just because he is 'sweet' to his spouse.
So you're saying "sweet" only applies to T, and automatically not an F? I think you meant he could be either. Of course anybody who's happy in a relationship is going to be caring about the other person. But don't they have a different style?

I was with an IxTP (N?) before, who deeply cared about me. But, he wouldn't give me frequent verbal affection and want to cuddle. He gave me thoughtful gifts. While he was very much a touch person, he didn't *need* to spend lots of time with me, and in fact needed his time alone away from me.

ISTP's like to organize things. But girlfriend, wife coming back home or over? Holy chit! Chill out a little longer then - Clean like a bunch of mad men at the last possible second.
See this is not how my bf is at all, he leaves clothes, beer bottles, and papers all over the house. lol. He doesn't seem like a problem solver or deeply intellectual person. He'd be bored off his ass if we had a discussion about personalities and how people think.

LOL! Well he does care about his external impression to people some. (maybe just to impress the ladies? lol) He used to have several sports cars, fix his hair, and he was really buff when I met him. But now in a relationship and around his close friends on a day-to-day basis he doesn't really care.

So ISFP. :headphne:
ENFJ and an ISFP would be a natural attraction.
My closest guess too... We have such a harmonious relationship, it really amazes me. So if that's the case, what kind of relationship needs do these type of people have? What can I give them to make them feel extra special? :)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP's need/crave positive affirmation and praise, not the "gushy" type...that would make him feel special.

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
- One of the most understanding/communicative/thoughful guys I've met. He "gets" me, can read me in two seconds. He adores me.
This indicates F to me, in the context of IxxP. Only because an IxTP may adore you and may care enough to want to be this way, but may be less likely to really 'get' you quickly all the time, and furthermore, even if they do, they may not be all that good at expressing it so that you know that they 'get' you. IxTP are not generally described as 'the most communicative' people you'll have met.

So, I guess IxFP. Can't really tell S/N from the information. I also agree that not being artistic doesn't rule out ISFP at all.

krunchtime

Since you're ENFJ and he "gets" you immediately I'd suggest N or F
INTPs are not always thoughtful although teddy bears, goof and messiness count
INFPs are not always dreamers trying to save the world
They can be astute with good intuition and complains randomly
Picture supports ISFP, kidding

or take it with a pinch of salt and get him to mbti himself :)

KarliJoanne

MBTI Type
ISFP
I would guess ISTP. My boyfriend is an ISTP and I am an ISFP and he sounds a lot like my boyfriend, and not much like me.