• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Is the only way to make an ISFP talk 'is' to strangle them?

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a very talkative ISFP, I don't understand when descriptions say I am quiet.

mwhaha

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
you could ask him a question and just wait for him to respond, or act like hes supposed to say something. when it becomes awkward he'll probably feel as if he needs to continue the conversation.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I hate being an ISFP for this exact reason; I can't express myself verbally. My emotions, knowledge, opinions are all clear in my mind and as soon as I open my mouth I sound stupid, convoluted and retarded. It's a source of anxiety for me. I hate socializing for this reason. Even with my husband who is an ENFJ .. the best communicator .. I freeze. He becomes impatient with my lack of a response and has some sarcastic remark. After 23 years of this I was happy to have found out my MB type and give him an article about ISFPs that explains me. Still ... I find it hard to express myself and therefore I don't. I keep my mouth shut and let the world just blab away .. usually about nothing interesting or important. Worse thing for me are extroverts who just don't get that it take more time for me to respond. My next marriage will be to a fellow introvert, that is for sure.

:shocking: Am I ever glad I have read this! A lot of things are beginning to make sense.
The ISFP I know's sentences are often reduced to :
"That's beautiful!"
"That's bad."
"That's good, then."
"Ok? Ok?"
(Sums up the last phone conversation I had with her. She sounds a lot like Stepho from what I've heard on her video. Same sweet, shy hesitation.)

But she once sent me a letter she wrote at a time when she was quite depressed and probably in some sort of NT shadow function. Splendid letter with english words I had never read in my life. I still have it. From what I have read that she wrote with care, she can be quite poetic.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"ok ok" or in its epic form "kk" tho is epic !

KDude

I am a very talkative ISFP, I don't understand when descriptions say I am quiet.

I can talk too, but I'm still probably more introverted. and as much as i can socialize, i'm never just really "out there" like i imagine entps/esfps/estps/etc are. if i tried to be that way, it would drain me quick - like if you could visualize a "battery bar" on me like on your cell phone, mine would drop to 0% almost immediately. :p

also, if someone wants to get real deep, i hesitate, i cut myself sentences off.. i don't know what to say sometimes.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I am very talkative once I know you.
If you strangle me, I'll just make a bunch of noises, none of which will sound like words.:newwink:

haag261390

It's a lack of not knowing what to say. I think in his head he knows what he's about to tell you but when it comes out, the other person doesn't understand or the details he told you were too general. I have this same experience with an ISFP! He would tell me what he wants me to know and I can't understand him because of how he words his sentences. Sometimes, he can be general. I don't think being quiet has anything to do with being an ISFP but misunderstandings with an ISFP happens to me a lot of times.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It can't be that bad...

charliebillystrangle.jpg

Hey! How was your day?! Talk to me!

:laugh:

The way my INFP friend explained ISFP's to me specifically, "It's not that they are quiet, it's just that they're thinking a lot about what you're saying. They may come across as quiet, but their mind is in the microwave processing and cooking your information."

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'll claim melon... any kind of melon as my tertiary...
Inferior?? Mustard, mayonnaise, sweet relish!! Ugh!

I'm digging food as tertiary. This ENTP claims chocolate cheesecake (since crispy bacon is gone - wise choice).

Inferior? Has to be cooked spinach - I hate it so much I'll gag no matter who is around.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
:shocking: Am I ever glad I have read this! A lot of things are beginning to make sense.
The ISFP I know's sentences are often reduced to :
"That's beautiful!"
"That's bad."
"That's good, then."
"Ok? Ok?"
(Sums up the last phone conversation I had with her. She sounds a lot like Stepho from what I've heard on her video. Same sweet, shy hesitation.)

But she once sent me a letter she wrote at a time when she was quite depressed and probably in some sort of NT shadow function. Splendid letter with english words I had never read in my life. I still have it. From what I have read that she wrote with care, she can be quite poetic.

Ugh.

This is me to a T. I'm starting to think I might be ISFP without all the benefits of being an S. :doh:

There is just such a drastic contrast between my verbal and written communication. It is extremely disconcerting to me. I sound like an imbecile when I can even manage to make words come out at all, but I've been told by many people my writing is eloquent.

Sigh..