User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I am a very talkative ISFP, I don't understand when descriptions say I am quiet.
    6w7.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

you could ask him a question and just wait for him to respond, or act like hes supposed to say something. when it becomes awkward he'll probably feel as if he needs to continue the conversation.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
    I hate being an ISFP for this exact reason; I can't express myself verbally. My emotions, knowledge, opinions are all clear in my mind and as soon as I open my mouth I sound stupid, convoluted and retarded. It's a source of anxiety for me. I hate socializing for this reason. Even with my husband who is an ENFJ .. the best communicator .. I freeze. He becomes impatient with my lack of a response and has some sarcastic remark. After 23 years of this I was happy to have found out my MB type and give him an article about ISFPs that explains me. Still ... I find it hard to express myself and therefore I don't. I keep my mouth shut and let the world just blab away .. usually about nothing interesting or important. Worse thing for me are extroverts who just don't get that it take more time for me to respond. My next marriage will be to a fellow introvert, that is for sure.
    Am I ever glad I have read this! A lot of things are beginning to make sense.
    The ISFP I know's sentences are often reduced to :
    "That's beautiful!"
    "That's bad."
    "That's good, then."
    "Ok? Ok?"
    (Sums up the last phone conversation I had with her. She sounds a lot like Stepho from what I've heard on her video. Same sweet, shy hesitation.)

But she once sent me a letter she wrote at a time when she was quite depressed and probably in some sort of NT shadow function. Splendid letter with english words I had never read in my life. I still have it. From what I have read that she wrote with care, she can be quite poetic.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by inebriato View Post
    I am a very talkative ISFP, I don't understand when descriptions say I am quiet.
    but do you project a quiet demeanor to people who don't know you?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

"ok ok" or in its epic form "kk" tho is epic !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by inebriato View Post
    I can talk too, but I'm still probably more introverted. and as much as i can socialize, i'm never just really "out there" like i imagine entps/esfps/estps/etc are. if i tried to be that way, it would drain me quick - like if you could visualize a "battery bar" on me like on your cell phone, mine would drop to 0% almost immediately. :P

also, if someone wants to get real deep, i hesitate, i cut myself sentences off.. i don't know what to say sometimes.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I am very talkative once I know you.
    If you strangle me, I'll just make a bunch of noises, none of which will sound like words.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

It's a lack of not knowing what to say. I think in his head he knows what he's about to tell you but when it comes out, the other person doesn't understand or the details he told you were too general. I have this same experience with an ISFP! He would tell me what he wants me to know and I can't understand him because of how he words his sentences. Sometimes, he can be general. I don't think being quiet has anything to do with being an ISFP but misunderstandings with an ISFP happens to me a lot of times.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

It can't be that bad...

Hey! How was your day?! Talk to me!

The way my INFP friend explained ISFP's to me specifically, "It's not that they are quiet, it's just that they're thinking a lot about what you're saying. They may come across as quiet, but their mind is in the microwave processing and cooking your information."

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I'll claim melon... any kind of melon as my tertiary...
    Inferior?? Mustard, mayonnaise, sweet relish!! Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Supah View Post
    I'm digging food as tertiary. This ENTP claims chocolate cheesecake (since crispy bacon is gone - wise choice).

Inferior? Has to be cooked spinach - I hate it so much I'll gag no matter who is around.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.