User Tag List

First 123 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Trepidation View Post
    I cannot speak for all SPs, but you'd have to be very, very close to me for me to feel comfortable with sharing anything... personal. If you don't think anything bad will come of it, you could always ask the individuals in question why they decide to vent to you.
    Well, it's certainly not something I consider a "problem" - generally I would consider it more of a compliment actually, so I'm unlikely to confront anyone about it. I have been told by various people of various types that I'm easy to get along with and good to talk to... The only times when I may have considered it an "issue" in a way is if it's with a guy who I'm attracted to and I have noticed a bit of a pattern of them venting/sharing with me and perhaps not with others. This has happened with a couple of guy SPs I can think of, and then the temptation to read into things becomes great indeed...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Well, it's certainly not something I consider a "problem" - generally I would consider it more of a compliment actually, so I'm unlikely to confront anyone about it. I have been told by various people of various types that I'm easy to get along with and good to talk to... The only times when I may have considered it an "issue" in a way is if it's with a guy who I'm attracted to and I have noticed a bit of a pattern of them venting/sharing with me and perhaps not with others. This has happened with a couple of guy SPs I can think of, and then the temptation to read into things becomes great indeed...
    I didn't mean to say that you should confront them, but instead to ask them directly because they'll give you a better answer than a bunch of strangers on the internet ever could. If they're already comfortable talking to you about the things that they do, I doubt they'd mind sharing a bit more.

MBTI
    SEXY

Everybody who shows vulnerability is feels a high level of comfort around you, no matter what type they are.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Trepidation View Post
    I didn't mean to say that you should confront them, but instead to ask them directly because they'll give you a better answer than a bunch of strangers on the internet ever could. If they're already comfortable talking to you about the things that they do, I doubt they'd mind sharing a bit more.
    Yeah true, "confront" is a bit of a hostile word... perhaps we are all seeking a bit too much help from a bunch of strangers on the internet...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If an SP is vulnerable with you - ie. tells you they’re feeling low, and why, tells you when something really moved them emotionally, and this sort of thing – does it indicate that they feel a really high level of comfort with you, and really trust and like you (as I would assume it would with many other types?)
    This is generally how it works for mankind, yes.

Don't over analyze, SPs hate that. Unless it's obvious that we're joking, we mean what we say, and we try to communicate in the most clear ways possible.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

Don't over analyze, SPs hate that. Unless it's obvious that we're joking, we mean what we say, and we try to communicate in the most clear ways possible.
    So hard for the likes of me, but I'm working on it
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Thanks guys, interesting comments. You can vomit on me emotionally any time. Unless you’re doing it in a creepy personal-space-invading way, us INFJs LOVE to be vomited on emotionally!

For example, and I’ve had pretty much this sort of thing happen to me with a few definitely SP individuals: You’re at a party and your good SP friend is there. It’s a fairly chilled party and you chat with various people…for a good length of time with your SP friend, sometimes just the two of you, other times joined by others. Everyone including (and maybe especially) the SP is pretty upbeat. Then you leave the party with the SP and chat some more on your way home or maybe go for a drink, just the two of you. It’s at this point that the SP starts telling you about their anxiety over some future plans, the fact that their boss is driving them nuts, or even (shock horror) that they don’t feel like they fit in particularly well with a lot of people in your mutual circle of friends/acquaintances. (The latter has really astonished me with a few people. These are the SP charmers who seem capable of making everyone love them…and then they tell you they only really have a few friends or feel like they’re not accepted…That’s INFJ talk, people! )
    I would say this SP considers you a true friend. Point blank.

I can disclose past secrets and things pretty easily if I trust the person or like them and it makes sense in the conversation to do so. (For some reason, people tend to put more emphasis on divulging their past as more of a "wow" factor. I don't. The past is done with so it doesn't matter who knows) Even so, sharing these things goes back to what Halla said about being more comfortable with myself than confiding in the other person.

However, I rarely discuss current or future worries - with anyone! That's like, my kryptonite. I would feel extremely vulnerable doing that. So if this SP is doing so I'd say they're either really stressed out or they really trust you or a combination of both. Either way, it's a good thing. Not a bad one.

Of course, in these cases I have very little idea if the SP has similar conversations one-on-one with other friends or I’m privileged (I really mean that!) with the emotional vomit I mean, it’s not like INFJs ever read too much into anything…
    My core friends know everything about me. I have maybe four people in my life that I tell or can tell anything too. Other than that there's a lot of periphery friends. They are good friends. They may get those "emotional vomiting" moments out of me or they might not know much about me at all. A lot of how much an SP divulges has to do with timing. This was actually a really difficult post to reply too. Made me think. Ugh. Hope I made sense

EDIT: what type is this SP?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I'ld like to respect the vulnerable points of an SP, but I most of the times dont see them. Best example is my istp Dad, he says things that do hurt me and if I tell him he says I shouldnt be such a pussy. And then I say things I hurt him with and I say dont be such a pussy.

It's just different, not on purpose.

SF's are another story. I dont get em at all, no matter how hard I try. I bet they like that image
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

SPs are vulnerable to kryptonite and to the poison of certain kinds of rare sea snake.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    SPs are vulnerable to kryptonite and to the poison of certain kinds of rare sea snake.
    Shhhh! Don't give away our secrets!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel