`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default ISTPs and Privacy

`
    How private are you?

How paranoid are you guys/gals about your privacy/personal life/internet anonymity being exposed/infringed upon?

And, more specifically, how private are you regarding your romantic/intimate lives/selves?

I am curious, very curious about this...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

I'm more open with people I meet online than people I know. In real life, I'm very private about certain things that I do or think.

I'm still relatively paranoid about my profiles on social networking sites. I've gotten much better and finally started using pictures of my face, where before I would only use heavily distorted images.

I don't like other people to know about my romantic/sexual self, unless its someone I want to stab.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    .I don't like other people to know about my romantic/sexual self, unless its someone I want to stab.
    Elaborate, please.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    STP

I will become extremely private when it will hurt someone I care about. Me and my wife were having problems and I started to enjoy spending time with another female. I never hid my interaction with this other person, but I tried to hide my happyness because it would hurt my wife. She even walked in one time while I was chatting and she was hurt because I had a big smile on my face so I continued to hide and be extremely private.

I tend to be a good judge of character and the things this other female did made me extremely comfortable that things wouldnt go to far so I trusted her. But i did hide a hole alot of it because I didnt want to cause my wife hurt when we were having problems and I found another female I enjoyed being around.

Okay...um. I don't like family to know when I'm seeing someone. I usually tell my friends, but I'm vague in description and I'll refer to her as "some girl" and then use "she", "her" instead of using her name. I don't let girls know about each other, even if it's a decidedly casual relationships. If I'm seeing more than one woman and one of them asks me if I'm seeing anyone else, I lie. Is that elaborate enough? I could probably go on about my sex/relationship behavior for awhile, but I sense(through my esp) that you're looking for answers to a specific question.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

what I mean is, if you ask, "do you like beans?" then I would say "yes, love 'em". But "beans" is kind of vague(do you mean seeds of plants and seed pods of the leguminous family, or do you mean anything that is commonly and erroneously referred to as bean, such as vanilla bean(hate vanilla), coffee bean(love it!).

So, instead of asking if istp's like beans, I would ask if istp's like green beans lightly soaked in olive oil and grilled over an oak fire.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    ISTP

I am very private...even a bit paranoid. Internet anonymity is very important to me. I've never been in a relationship, but if I were in one I'd like to keep it as low key as possible, and I would rather not show PDA. It's goes against my usual style, which is to draw the least amount of attention as possible. If a girl needs PDA, she's probably too clingy for me anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post

I don't like other people to know about my romantic/sexual self, unless its someone I want to stab.
    Do you have thoughts of wanting to stab someone often?

Permabanned

I prefer low and key, I only tell people I trust anything personal I have a good amount of people I can trust so I'm grateful for that....I like being around people but even just being there is fine sometimes i prefer not to talk at all.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

How private are you? Not very, in that I don't consiously think not to tell people things...it just doesn't occur to me.

How paranoid are you guys/gals about your privacy/personal life/internet anonymity being exposed/infringed upon?

Not paronoid, but then again I don't do "social networking" sites...in that
    the idea of twitter, facebook and other "social networking medium seems
    absurd to me.

Socializing is not sitting in front of an LCD interacting with text messages,
    socializing is face to face, on a phone and/or interacting with people.

And, more specifically, how private are you regarding your romantic/intimate lives/selves?

Romance? I speak only of me in this context vs. personality type, although someone might come along and say yeh, I identify.

I don't "get" romance at all, and generally consider it a topic for women and
    metrosexuals. I don't have any patience for soap opera's either.

Showing warmth, and consideration yes...sharing in a mutually enjoyable outing and/or activity yes...I'm an even flow type of individual and more
    so live in the moment.

Being an ISTP is what I'd describe as more so a Zen like experience, if I do have an emotion and an associated thought, I simply observe it. If it's an intense feeling and/or need to work something out and/or reach a decision. I'll call a friend and/or relative... Most of the time I'm barely aware
    of having a feeling at all...in that thinking, sensing are primary.

I'd guess most ISTP men if they were getting married would be more interested in the honeymoon vs. the wedding itself. The one's I've known have often said they'd prefer to skip the wedding part, and just go on the trip.