• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs and Privacy

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A normal day with this ISTP:

Wake up, fool around for an hour, he goes on his pc for what I call "his morning session", we get ready to go skiing (this takes 30 to 45 minutes), we get in his truck and enjoy a beautiful drive to the mountains :), we usually stop and I run out to get us coffee, we go skiing in the afternoon, we talk and kiss on the lifts and then listen to music while actually skiing, he's much better than me, but we manage, then on the way home I make us stop at some place we haven't been before just to get a new vibe, be it a store, or a restaurant, he gets fast food, and then we go back home and both of us play/work on our PCs while intermittently showing each other cool stuff and inevitably getting into random thought-provoking conversations, thanks to me.

:)

EDIT: And, if he's lucky, he gets some action again. :) I tend to always fall asleep a couple of hours before him, which works, I sleep, and he gets his "alone time". He always wakes me up when he comes back to bed though! :sadbanana: I swear, sometimes I think he thinks I'm a play thing!!!

This sounds like an awesome day! No wonder he likes you. :)

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I am very private...even a bit paranoid. Internet anonymity is very important to me. I've never been in a relationship, but if I were in one I'd like to keep it as low key as possible, and I would rather not show PDA. It's goes against my usual style, which is to draw the least amount of attention as possible. If a girl needs PDA, she's probably too clingy for me anyway.

I can't stand PDA. It's an instant attention magnet. I hate seeing other people PDA. Holding hands, *A* kiss, *A* hug...that's all good, but some kids these days are just making out all over the place. Blegh. This weekend I went to a coaster park here and there were so many teeny bopper couples that couldn't let go of each other D:

I prefer low and key, I only tell people I trust anything personal I have a good amount of people I can trust so I'm grateful for that....I like being around people but even just being there is fine sometimes i prefer not to talk at all.

So true! See, my ESTP bff, he and I can just chill out, quite time is ok. The ESFP I've been hanging out with recently...she doesn't stop! Omg, it's constant conversation the whoooooooooole time. It's tiring D:

I do this alot, things just dont occur to me to say until it comes up or pops in my head.

No kidding. I just don't think to say some things.

So what if your ISTPs other person(ESTP) was a female? Thats kinda the predicament I got into. The other person was a female ENFP. As an ISTP we need out of our head about personal stuff and to do that I need things to do. I am a very active person. The activity doesnt have to be movement, I just like doing things.

We like the company of people, but it needs to be people we can be relaxed and comfortable around and joke and play.

No lie, I love the ESTP to death and I'd do almost anything for him, but I'd rather die than be in a relationship with him! We make amazing friends, but that's plenty :D

This sounds like an awesome day! No wonder he likes you. :)

+1!!!!

And to the original topic...
I use my real name online and stuff. I don't feel like maintaining an online identity, secrecy...it's too hard. I'm lazy! If you're friends with me on Facebook or any other social site, you're someone I know in person. I'm not terribly concerned with my FB friends taking all of my information and using it against me. Having said that, I don't post my phone number or address or anything sensitive like that. I'm not a complete idiot. Even with an online identity, if the person is smart enough, they will be able to find out everything they want to about me. It just takes some hacking. Might as well make it easy on myself (and them) and just use myself as the identity. :tongue:

I'm not really paranoid at all. I'm quite gullible, tho. For that reason, I think I'm a bit skeptical at times, but I think it's warranted. It's not like it gets in the way of my life, and it's not usually about important things. I mean, I don't think I'm being followed or tracked by the government too much. It's just little things, like when people tell stories and the exaggerate or include weird details...I just wonder sometimes.

I'm private about relationship stuff. I have a hard time talking about feelings, mainly because I think they're unimportant and irrelevant. It's a combination of privacy and just a lack of anything to say about this sort of thing. I don't talk about my sexual experience a whole lot either. People have to ask me point blank about things. Even then, sometimes I just tell them I don't talk about my own experience. Honestly, it's not usually any of their business. If they had any reason at all to know, I might divulge the information.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
It annoys me greatly when people now the specifics of my private life. I haven't had much of a drive to be in a relationship so now that I am probably in one (dating for a while now :) ) I've noticed all my friends tee-heeing behind my back 'cuz willfrey finally got a girlfriend its soooooo cute... *grumbles*

I just hate being a part of a gossip circuit, I found somebody who thankfully doesn't share all the same friends as I and respects a need for privacy.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
:ninja:

I don't give out personal information freely on the intertubes (except for things like gender or age). But that has less to do with my paranoia than it does with the fact that it's none of your damn business, thank you very much.

In Real Life, I'm very sociable (up to a certain threshold...) but I never share anything truly 'deep' about myself. Nobody but me knows my greatest hopes, fears, desires and dreams. I never talk to anybody about what's bothering me. I never let anybody into my 'inner world' and I'd like to keep it that way. I guess that I have a hard time believing that anybody really wants to hear about half the shit I think and feel, but that's fine because I end up sorting everything out on my own anyway.

EDIT: Perhaps the only reason that I even mentioned any of this is because I'm anonymous here... and I might as well give it a shot, in case anyone finds this useful.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
from my istp friend:

In a paradoxal kind of way yes. I am very open person to person, but I don't want my life broadcasted publicly.

this has been true in my experiences with istps.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
from my istp friend:

this has been true in my experiences with istps.

Yeah... I think it's really weird when I hear that people have been talking about me! I don't usually mind the info they know, but it's still really weird!!!!!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sooooo, you guys are a highly private bunch when it comes to people outside yourself or your immediate circle.

The ISTP in question told me he had no problem with me discussing him to other people, (as long as there was no tape recording device :rolleyes:) because that form of communication is transient whereas this form of communication is permanent.

He also said I can yap away about him if I take down all identifiable pics of myself.

But, but, but...

Sacrebleu!!!

:sadbanana:

I've been foruming since 2005 and have been using my face as an avatar since, to do differently would just not be me.

Le sigh...

but I never share anything truly 'deep' about myself. Nobody but me knows my greatest hopes, fears, desires and dreams. I never talk to anybody about what's bothering me. I never let anybody into my 'inner world' and I'd like to keep it that way. I guess that I have a hard time believing that anybody really wants to hear about half the shit I think and feel, but that's fine because I end up sorting everything out on my own anyway.

This is where the guilt sets in, this ISTP shares your sentiment, Trepidation, but since we've intimately known each other for nine years, he lets me into his world, his innermost doubts/feelings.

:sad:

And I don't want to be a blabbermouth and broadcast them over the intertubes, but, dammit, he's an integral part of my life!

Discussing him is therapeutic to me and our relationship, plus he does and says all types of awesome shit that I feel compelled to share.

We both have a sick sense of humor, and I have no shame in my game, and neither does he, but he wants to make hypothetical clearance for hypothetically _______.

I just wish there was a way I could more anonymously discuss him.

I'm just very open on this forum.

I posted about what my vagina looks like for christ's sakes, (he was humored by this, fyi (he thinks I'm one ballsy bitch ;)))

So, what do you ISTPs think I should do?

What would be morally responsible because I do not want to infringe on his rights.

This entire issue was addressed when I told him that I discussed one time about the fact that he has a whole bunch of very specific pictures of me, (no, not those kinds of pictures :ninja:) really awesome ones, ones that I'm proud of.

Well, I'll tell you guys again, :doh:

Sorry,

Well we went on this epic road trip and he took multiple pictures of me peeing in different states, cities, biomes, IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Hahahaa, if it were up to me, I'd make a collage of them.

Alas, I am doing it again, revealing his "secrets"

But, they're my experiences tooooooo!!!

Help!

-SS

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is where I think ENFPs and ISTPs inherently differ.

I am the opposite of private when it comes to foruming because I want to be myself, and share myself with others.

Swap stories if you will.

And, I use foruming as type of therapy.

I reveal my innermost thoughts and feelings just to air them out, or to get feedback.

I will never run for any prestigious office, and don't regret a goddamn thing I've ever said/typed on this or any other forum.

What I write is a part and piece of me, one that I am not ashamed of, and if anything am proud of.

I learn from reading other people's experiences/thoughts/feelings and from writing my own.

Isn't that what foruming is all about?

Granted, he's not a forumer.

Though he's an infamous lurker.

:thelook:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
This is where I think ENFPs and ISTPs inherently differ.

I am the opposite of private when it comes to foruming because I want to be myself, and share myself with others.

Swap stories if you will.

And, I use foruming as type of therapy.

I reveal my innermost thoughts and feelings just to air them out, or to get feedback.

I will never run for any prestigious office, and don't regret a goddamn thing I've ever said/typed on this or any other forum.

What I write is a part and piece of me, one that I am not ashamed of, and if anything am proud of.

I learn from reading other people's experiences/thoughts/feelings and from writing my own.

Isn't that what foruming is all about?

Granted, he's not a forumer.

Though he's an infamous lurker.

:thelook:

LOL you posted what your vagina looks like? :popc1:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
LOL you posted what your vagina looks like? :popc1:
Yes, it was a linguistic description of something visual, I thought it was interesting.

Plus, I like to be a part of "vaginal awareness" if you will.

All vaginae are unique and different.

Women trip too much.

They need to learn to love their pussies. (My ISTP taught me this)

:wub:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Yes, it was a linguistic description of something visual, I thought it was interesting.

Plus, I like to be a part of "vaginal awareness" if you will.

All vaginae are unique and different.

Women trip too much.

They need to learn to love their pussies. (My ISTP taught me this)

:wub:

lmao that is very true... I haven't heard of vaginal awareness I'm guessing it comes from watching too many x-rated movies.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
Actually, I think I'm more private than I thought. I actually hate answering personal questions... but I'm not worried about people finding the information out on their own through Facebook or whatever.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i am pretty open, although i don't always talk a lot. but if someone asks me a personal question i will pretty much always answer it.

haha, but sometimes i do get these very stubborn moods where i really don't want to talk about myself at all. they come out of nowhere. i will be in a very good mood, i just don't want to talk about me. so i will get especially talkative, and start turning the conversation to focus on everyone else. haha. who knows?

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
How private are you?

How paranoid are you guys/gals about your privacy/personal life/internet anonymity being exposed/infringed upon?

And, more specifically, how private are you regarding your romantic/intimate lives/selves?

very.

Last edited:

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm pretty private. No one really knows what I do in my free time, and that's alright with me. I'd rather not be judged on what I do or don't do. If people want to get to know me they just have to know that I don't do stupid illegal things while I'm alone. Just because I don't talk about myself doesn't mean I moonlight stealing cars!:)

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't have a love life but when I was young I had a few flings, and no one else ever knew about them. It was so much simpler that way, even though it was a lot of work to maintain those secrets. I had nothing to be ashamed of, but I still didn't want other people knowing my business... imagining me doing it with so-and-so... yuck! I don't want my likeness parading around naked in other people's thoughts.

If it's "simple" but it takes a lot of work to keep it private - it's simply not worth the effort for me. Eventually people are going to find out whether I talk or not. People see things happen. Not all of them are stupid. Some make conclusions about things they see. Obviously that's how rumors start...and if you don't want rumors, just tell them what's really happening. I'm not encouraging divulging details but a "yeah, we've been spending a lot of time together, idk where it's going" isn't hard to say and it'll most likely satisfy whoever is interested in the topic.

Sure, I'd rather most people not know tons about me, but I cannot possibly control what other people say or think about me. If they want to imagine me naked banging some sex freak....they're gonna do it whether they hear about my relationship with someone else or not. C'est la vie.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The morality of discussing your SO on a forum is indeed an interesting topic!