• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs and Privacy

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
na, i'm not really private

i like bein the center of attention and spreading my mystique

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm more open with people I meet online than people I know. In real life, I'm very private about certain things that I do or think.

I'm still relatively paranoid about my profiles on social networking sites. I've gotten much better and finally started using pictures of my face, where before I would only use heavily distorted images.

I don't like other people to know about my romantic/sexual self, unless its someone I want to stab.
You seem like a pretty "unique" ISTP, have you ever tested as an ESTP?

I will become extremely private when it will hurt someone I care about. Me and my wife were having problems and I started to enjoy spending time with another female. I never hid my interaction with this other person, but I tried to hide my happyness because it would hurt my wife. She even walked in one time while I was chatting and she was hurt because I had a big smile on my face so I continued to hide and be extremely private.

I tend to be a good judge of character and the things this other female did made me extremely comfortable that things wouldnt go to far so I trusted her. But i did hide a hole alot of it because I didnt want to cause my wife hurt when we were having problems and I found another female I enjoyed being around.
Interesting. I do not know how I would feel about this.

I do not enjoy not making my partner happy. Unless we are fighting, I like to make my partner smile and laugh.

I enjoy good company so, (when in the mood to socialize), I try my hardest to be good company.

The ISTP I am intimately acquainted with has recently told me that one of the many reasons why he likes, and continues to like me is that I never bore him, and that I am one of two people, the other being an ESTP close male friend of his, whose company he can stand, or at times even prefers besides hanging out by himself.

:)

I am very private...even a bit paranoid. Internet anonymity is very important to me. I've never been in a relationship, but if I were in one I'd like to keep it as low key as possible, and I would rather not show PDA. It's goes against my usual style, which is to draw the least amount of attention as possible. If a girl needs PDA, she's probably too clingy for me anyway.
Hahahahaha, wait till you find a girl you really like. ;)

I don't need PDA, but I like it.

The ISTP I know loves being physically affectionate, period. :)

Do you have thoughts of wanting to stab someone often?
This is funny, why?

Just the other day I was talking to an ISTP and he was saying how he felt like stabbing someone each time google, or gmail was telling him he was "working off line" when he wasn't. Later in the conversation he said there was a pile of 15 dead people in his apartment. :D

I prefer low and key, I only tell people I trust anything personal I have a good amount of people I can trust so I'm grateful for that....I like being around people but even just being there is fine sometimes i prefer not to talk at all.
Interesting.

How paranoid are you guys/gals about your privacy/personal life/internet anonymity being exposed/infringed upon?

Not paronoid, but then again I don't do "social networking" sites...in that
the idea of twitter, facebook and other "social networking medium seems
absurd to me.
The ISTP I know agrees with this sentiment, as do I. :)

Socializing is not sitting in front of an LCD interacting with text messages,
socializing is face to face, on a phone and/or interacting with people.
Interesting.

And, more specifically, how private are you regarding your romantic/intimate lives/selves?

Romance? I speak only of me in this context vs. personality type, although someone might come along and say yeh, I identify.

I don't "get" romance at all, and generally consider it a topic for women and
metrosexuals. I don't have any patience for soap opera's either.
Just the other day the ISTP I was talking to went on a tirade about how asinine romantic comedies were/are. "They serve no purpose, they glorify pussy/pathetic "men", and perpetuate nonsensical notions and beliefs in women and girls about an idyllic, and nonexistent form or type of love."
Showing warmth, and consideration yes...sharing in a mutually enjoyable outing and/or activity yes...I'm an even flow type of individual and more
so live in the moment.
Sharing mutually enjoyable acts with the one you love is awesome! :D

I'd guess most ISTP men if they were getting married would be more interested in the honeymoon vs. the wedding itself. The one's I've known have often said they'd prefer to skip the wedding part, and just go on the trip. ;)
I've discussed this with the ISTP, we both feel that having a wedding is a huge waste of money, money that would be better spent elsewhere, i.e. six months traveling the globe. :)

OH, nooo, haha... I meant stab as "potential sexual/romantic partner". I can see how it can be confusing.
Ew.

Stab as in equate penetrating a female's vagina with your penis/knife?

Ew.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
So if you don't need to know, why would I tell you?
So you only offer information to others if it is needed/necessary/mandatory?

I am not going to die if you or anyone else chooses to refrain from sharing your/their thoughts on this topic.

The severity of this topic is far from being critical, duh.

I just would like to understand ISTPs better, is that such a crime?

Why are you here, posting on this forum?

Do you only post your thoughts/opinions when someone, including yourself, *needs to know*?!?!?

:huh:

na, i'm not really private

i like bein the center of attention and spreading my mystique
The concept of spreading one's mystique is kinda oxymoronic. :0

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How private are you?

Usually very. The only time I will talk about something personal is if it has already passed and is over with. Then I will discuss. But to that point, I don't want anyone knowing anything about anything.

How paranoid are you guys/gals about your privacy/personal life/internet anonymity being exposed/infringed upon?

I'm pretty paranoid. I don't like people knowing too much about me or where I am or who I'm with or anything like that. It's not that I'm doing anything wrong - I just like the ability to blend in and fly under the radar. Internet anonymity? I don't think that exists. The internet is the easiest place to lose you anonymity.

And, more specifically, how private are you regarding your romantic/intimate lives/selves?

Eek. That goes back to the first question for me. I only discuss things when they are unraveling and they are beyond repair. (because I don't give a shit and I sometimes get stupid and talk - I shouldn't do this and I hate it when I have a moment of weakness like this!) Otherwise I don't discuss and don't like being discussed. There's been times where I have told someone of an issue with a dating situation only to find out that the person is COMPLETELY unaware that me-and-so-and-so are together or have been hooking up. (even tho they interact with us on a daily basis) A lot of this has to do with the fact that if people were more observant they would see what's right in front of them. But most people don't pay attention to undertones. If they did - things would be obvious. So I actually don't think it's worth discussing because things like that are 1) no one's business 2) obvious if you have half a brain.

I am curious, very curious about this...

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes, I think ISTPs invented secrets in the first place just to piss everyone off :D

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm very private, but I will not talk more about this because, eh, I'm private!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem like a pretty "unique" ISTP, have you ever tested as an ESTP?

I do not enjoy not making my partner happy. Unless we are fighting, I like to make my partner smile and laugh.

I enjoy good company so, (when in the mood to socialize), I try my hardest to be good company.

The ISTP I am intimately acquainted with has recently told me that one of the many reasons why he likes, and continues to like me is that I never bore him, and that I am one of two people, the other being an ESTP close male friend of his, whose company he can stand, or at times even prefers besides hanging out by himself.

Hahahahaha, wait till you find a girl you really like. ;)

I don't need PDA, but I like it.

The ISTP I know loves being physically affectionate, period. :)

This is funny, why?

Just the other day I was talking to an ISTP and he was saying how he felt like stabbing someone each time google, or gmail was telling him he was "working off line" when he wasn't. Later in the conversation he said there was a pile of 15 dead people in his apartment. :D

Interesting.

The ISTP I know agrees with this sentiment, as do I. :)

Interesting.

Just the other day the ISTP I was talking to went on a tirade about how asinine romantic comedies were/are. "They serve no purpose, they glorify pussy/pathetic "men", and perpetuate nonsensical notions and beliefs in women and girls about an idyllic, and nonexistent form or type of love."
Sharing mutually enjoyable acts with the one you love is awesome! :D

I've discussed this with the ISTP, we both feel that having a wedding is a huge waste of money, money that would be better spent elsewhere, i.e. six months traveling the globe. :)

Ew.

Stab as in equate penetrating a female's vagina with your penis/knife?

Ew.

Sounds like you and your ISTP are comfortably in synch. :worthy:

What a lucky dude!

Thanks for sharing his tirade on romantic comedies... That's exactly how
I feel on the topic and why...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

So what if your ISTPs other person(ESTP) was a female? Thats kinda the predicament I got into. The other person was a female ENFP. As an ISTP we need out of our head about personal stuff and to do that I need things to do. I am a very active person. The activity doesnt have to be movement, I just like doing things.

We like the company of people, but it needs to be people we can be relaxed and comfortable around and joke and play.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
So what if your ISTPs other person(ESTP) was a female? Thats kinda the predicament I got into. The other person was a female ENFP. As an ISTP we need out of our head about personal stuff and to do that I need things to do. I am a very active person. The activity doesnt have to be movement, I just like doing things.

We like the company of people, but it needs to be people we can be relaxed and comfortable around and joke and play.
I am going to answer honestly, here.

If I absolutely knew that there was NO sexual chemistry between the two of them, I wouldn't care at all.

This ISTP works closely with a couple of female engineers, some of whom are mildly attractive, I've met them all, and I don't/didn't mind the fact that he spent a lot of time with them.

BUT, if he were to be spending a lot of time with some hot, attractive girl with whom he could chill/enjoy/relax with, that would be a threat, why?

Because I am suppose to be that girl, get it?

He and I often joke about his solitary nature, and I jokingly tell him, well, I think I have the ESTP beat, because he doesn't have a vagina, and he laughs and wholeheartedly agrees.

:D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sounds like you and your ISTP are comfortably in synch. :worthy:

What a lucky dude!

Thanks for sharing his tirade on romantic comedies... That's exactly how
I feel on the topic and why...

I think the only reason why we are in sync is due to the fact of how long we've known each other.

Both of us will be the first to admit that the other has played a serious role in shaping ourselves.

He says the most awesome shit, but he doesn't want me to discuss him on a public forum anymore, :puppy_dog_eyes: due to the fact that the internet as a medium is not fully understood by the people who use it, i.e. me, and the permanence of my posts, and the fact that I am easily identifiable due to the fact that I use myself as an avatar, and that I have pics of myself in my profile, and blah, blah, blah, and if we were to ever get married one day, it would be obvious that I was writing about him, and due to his desire to perhaps one day _______ he wants to have a clean bill.

Gah, I feel like an asshole for writing about him, still.

But, I can't help myself :doh:

I'm not saying anything incriminating, and who really knows who I am talking about, I can have lots of ISTP mens around, in fact, I definitely know more than one.

Sorry, tangent.

:/

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
What's sick, is that I am seriously paranoid that he is one of the three mysterious lurkers viewing this thread.

:unsure:

Nah, I'm just trippin'

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

I'm pretty paranoid. I don't like people knowing too much about me or where I am or who I'm with or anything like that. It's not that I'm doing anything wrong - I just like the ability to blend in and fly under the radar. Internet anonymity? I don't think that exists. The internet is the easiest place to lose you anonymity. !
This sounds eerily familiar. :)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Definately identify with the need to be doing things. Most frustraighting
for me in dating; the period of time where many women will partake in
activities they aren't really interested in...then shift to what I call "couch potatoe mode."

It's when they expect me to also shift to "couch potatoe" mode that the problem arises and they get "booted" from my couch. :bananallama:

If I'm lucky enough to find an ISTP friend, we end up hanging out for hours
upon hours upon hours doing all kinds of activities, and going into chilling mode
in-between. Other types, I find when the activity is over...I'm ready to go
home and do stuff that I want to do or just chill on my own vs. continuing to
hang out in that time frame. Or, more than ready for them to go home.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am going to answer honestly, here.

If I absolutely knew that there was NO sexual chemistry between the two of them, I wouldn't care at all.

This ISTP works closely with a couple of female engineers, some of whom are mildly attractive, I've met them all, and I don't/didn't mind the fact that he spent a lot of time with them.

BUT, if he were to be spending a lot of time with some hot, attractive girl with whom he could chill/enjoy/relax with, that would be a threat, why?

Because I am suppose to be that girl, get it?

He and I often joke about his solitary nature, and I jokingly tell him, well, I think I have the ESTP beat, because he doesn't have a vagina, and he laughs and wholeheartedly agrees.

I get it. I would put a smiley, but not sure if I am happy that I get it. Where are chastity belts when you need them :D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Definately identify with the need to be doing things. Most frustraighting
for me in dating; the period of time where many women will partake in
activities they aren't really interested in...then shift to what I call "couch potatoe mode."

It's when they expect me to also shift to "couch potatoe" mode that the problem arises and they get "booted" from my couch. :bananallama:

If I'm lucky enough to find an ISTP friend, we end up hanging out for hours
upon hours upon hours doing all kinds of activities, and going into chilling mode
in-between. Other types, I find when the activity is over...I'm ready to go
home and do stuff that I want to do or just chill on my own vs. continuing to
hang out in that time frame. Or, more than ready for them to go home.
A normal day with this ISTP:

Wake up, fool around for an hour, he goes on his pc for what I call "his morning session", we get ready to go skiing (this takes 30 to 45 minutes), we get in his truck and enjoy a beautiful drive to the mountains :), we usually stop and I run out to get us coffee, we go skiing in the afternoon, we talk and kiss on the lifts and then listen to music while actually skiing, he's much better than me, but we manage, then on the way home I make us stop at some place we haven't been before just to get a new vibe, be it a store, or a restaurant, he gets fast food, and then we go back home and both of us play/work on our PCs while intermittently showing each other cool stuff and inevitably getting into random thought-provoking conversations, thanks to me.

EDIT: And, if he's lucky, he gets some action again. :) I tend to always fall asleep a couple of hours before him, which works, I sleep, and he gets his "alone time". He always wakes me up when he comes back to bed though! :sadbanana: I swear, sometimes I think he thinks I'm a play thing!!!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I get it. I would put a smiley, but not sure if I am happy that I get it. Where are chastity belts when you need them :D
So is this female friend of yours attractive?

(She is, isn't she)

:peepwall:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm an asshole, he told me not to talk about him, and then I start this thread!

I care about his privacy!!!!

I do, that's why I wanted to hear about your opinions on this.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So is this female friend of yours attractive?

(She is, isn't she)

:peepwall:

No comment:cheese:, but I meant that more for my wifes sanity as I dont think the chill/relax/enjoy part bothers her as much.