User Tag List

First 34567 Last

He's hardcore. Took those whacks to the nuts like a champ Plus, that coldness makes for some funny lines that the other Bonds probably wouldn't be so blunt about.

James Bond: No, don't worry, you're not my type.
    Vesper Lynd: Smart?
    James Bond: Single.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    He's hardcore. Took those whacks to the nuts like a champ Plus, that coldness makes for some funny lines that the other Bonds probably wouldn't be so blunt about.

James Bond: No, don't worry, you're not my type.
    Vesper Lynd: Smart?
    James Bond: Single.
    I think I've used that line.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Richard Branson- ENTP
    Bruce Willis- ISTP (wasn't he on your other thread?)
    Dubya- ESFP
    Tyler Durden- ENTJ
    Bart Simpson- ENTP
    Tony Montana- Coked-up ENTJ

FDR- Shithead ENTJ
    The Genie- Seems ENFP to me -- rather reminiscent of Jim Carrey.
    This is an old list so I've changed my mind about a few, including Bruce Willis. You are also right about Richard Branson. But Tyler Durden and Tony Montana are caricatural ESTPs. Same for Bart Simpsons who is not N at all.

For James Bond, here is an old post of me: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/941291-post3.html

I agree with Curzon that Craig is not especially cool, and that he's too cold. The best is of course the one played by Sean Connery! And then the one played by Pierce Brosnan. Daniel Craig is cooler than Roger Moore and Tymothy Dalton, though. I also agree that Curzon is an ESFP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    This is an old list so I've changed my mind about a few, including Bruce Willis. You are also right about Richard Branson. But Tyler Durden and Tony Montana are caricatural ESTPs. Same for Bart Simpsons who is not N at all.
    I could easily buy Bart being ESTP, but he seems like the inventor sort -- He's always coming up with elaborate pranks. Durden and Montana are ENTJ in spades.

Tyler Durden started Fight Club not as a way to beat the shit out of people, but as a way to gain recruits for his own anarchist organization. He was a clear Ni Te leader who happened to have a shitload of tertiary Se -- the rules of Fight Club alone were a dead giveaway of this.

You don't talk about fight club.
    You don't talk about fight club.
    When someone says stop, or goes limp, even if he's just faking it, the fight is over.
    Only two guys to a fight.
    One fight at a time.
    They fight without shirts or shoes.
    The fights go on as long as they have to.
    If this is your first night at fight club, you have to fight.
    I could buy that maybe an ISTP would come up with this (and it's a dim possibility -- this is strongly Te), but not an ESTP. No way. ExTPs in general just wing it.

As for Tony Montana, the guy's an ENTJ who went on a coke-driven rampage at the end. The whole plot of Scarface follows his rise to power, based on an intricate plan rooted on a desire to be on top of the world. Clear Ni there, and far too strong to be inferior. And he's very obviously an extrovert, so that leaves ENTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Tony Montana- ESTP
    Bart- ESTP

Tyler Durden- ENTJ

Thats right.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Tony Montana- C O K E H E A D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

OMG, how the hell could you guys forget the most fucking badass of all fucking badass fictional ESTPs? :horor:

He's gonna kick your ass for this shit, after making you listen to badass bible verses.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

i thought he was enfj myself. he was good with the whole public speaking thing

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm good at public speaking... when it's necissary...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I could easily buy Bart being ESTP, but he seems like the inventor sort -- He's always coming up with elaborate pranks. Durden and Montana are ENTJ in spades.

Tyler Durden started Fight Club not as a way to beat the shit out of people, but as a way to gain recruits for his own anarchist organization. He was a clear Ni Te leader who happened to have a shitload of tertiary Se -- the rules of Fight Club alone were a dead giveaway of this.

I could buy that maybe an ISTP would come up with this (and it's a dim possibility -- this is strongly Te), but not an ESTP. No way. ExTPs in general just wing it.

As for Tony Montana, the guy's an ENTJ who went on a coke-driven rampage at the end. The whole plot of Scarface follows his rise to power, based on an intricate plan rooted on a desire to be on top of the world. Clear Ni there, and far too strong to be inferior. And he's very obviously an extrovert, so that leaves ENTJ.
    Dude, in France, our own president is an ESTP, and he had the will to become president from his early 20s or even earlyer. And he have shit out in every directions in order to achieve his quest for power. It's the same for Tyler Durden, it's the same for Tony Montana. Sosa, is an ENTJ. You must unerstand that ESTPs are Se dom, but that does'nt mean that they just want to drink beer, eat food or play football all the time, and to think from time to time because of their auxillary Ti. They are peoples who can have a strong vision of how they want things be, and get their hands dirty to achieve it. That's quoted from a descriptions of ESTPs:
    I make it happen. How I work—I have a picture in my head on how things will be, and I’m totally involved in the here and now. I am go, go, go. And that creates a lot of successes. I just dodge my way through the sparks and problems. I’m very task oriented. I like to do something, get it done, and move to the next thing. I love circumstances where it’s a challenge.

SPs are down-to-heart but that don't mean they have not vision of life and the big picture (Ni) but they just think it's more important to live life to the fullest (Se). So, their state of mind is often "I have a vision about life, and my philosophy is to live life to the fullest". This state of mind wombined with a in-charge nauture, is how ESTPs often are. And this is how Tyler Durden is. I know a few peoples who are really like Tyler Durden in many ways and they are absolutely not ENTJs but ESTPs. Maybe also ENTJ and ISTP but in a mino way. Tyler Durden is a sort of caricature of the ESTP personality type, like House is a caricature iof the ENTP. And in a few topics about matching movies with MBTI types, Fight Club is always matched with ISTP.

Also, Tyler etablish the rules of the Fight Club, but he actually just tell "theses are the guidelines and next let's get for a huge badass fight!". This is ESTP, not ENTJ.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan