User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Riva

^ for some reason i thought you said simba from the lion king and in my head i accepted it. What type do yyou think he is?

I wish i knew more female estp 7w6 characters. Something about them i like.

I usually don't like estp females. Most estp females i know are 7w8s and 6w7s.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE

Don't forget about Julian McMahon, a non-fictional ESTP. He's an actor from Australia. He was Christian Troy in Nip/Tuck, and Dr. Doom twice in 2005 and 2007.
    ESTP 8w7-7w8-3w2 sp/sx

"No one gets between me and my fortune! No one!" - Penguin, The Icy Depths, The Batman

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'd say Sean Connery was pretty ISTP too but guess Pierce Brosnan or Roger Moore could be ESTPish.
    Well, according to experts at CelebrityTypes.com, Sean Connery is an ISTJ. I see that in his style of Bond also.
    ESTP 8w7-7w8-3w2 sp/sx

"No one gets between me and my fortune! No one!" - Penguin, The Icy Depths, The Batman

I see Connery as ISTJ but I think his portrayal of Bond is more ESTP, with perhaps some ESTJ leanings.

I think George Lazenby is an ESTP and he carried that into the role.

Moore is an ESFJ but played Bond as ESTP in his early films, more ESFP in later films

I'm not sure Dalton's type but I'd say he portrayed the most ISTP Bond until Craig

Not sure about Brosnan. Don't care; his films sucked spy balls.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Not sure about Brosnan. Don't care; his films sucked spy balls.
    Goldeneye is one of the best James Bond movies I think.

Daniel Craig I think does the worst portrayal of Bond. He lacks humour, suaveness and charm. All of what we consider to be Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Goldeneye is one of the best James Bond movies I think.

Daniel Craig I think does the worst portrayal of Bond. He lacks humour, suaveness and charm. All of what we consider to be Bond.
    Dalton is my favorite. I think he portrays the most Human Bond. He is suave and charming but there's something unsettling right beneath the surface. That's what I expect in a Bond portrayal.

Dalton is my favorite. I think he portrays the most Human Bond. He is suave and charming but there's something unsettling right beneath the surface. That's what I expect in a Bond portrayal.
    yes he is definitely the most human bond and there is something unsettling about him. you pit it into words what i did not know how to explain why i like him perfectly.

i think he gives this 'i am disturbed by all of this or i am broken inside by all of this/what i have seen/done but i try my best to hide it with my hedonistic showiness' kinda vibe that just takes bond to another level.

However there is huge weakness in his potrayal. there is not much humour in it and that aspect you mentioned is NOT what we want from a Bond character. it just adds some unnecessary darkness to bond movies. a few bad experiences are okay but not the whole broken thing.

Sterling Archer is supposed to be what Ian Fleming wanted Bond to look like. He is also broken inside though, but there is a perfect balance of it with his humour.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    yes he is definitely the most human bond and there is something unsettling about him. you pit it into words what i did not know how to explain why i like him perfectly.

i think he gives this 'i am disturbed by all of this or i am broken inside by all of this/what i have seen/done but i try my best to hide it with my hedonistic showiness' kinda vibe that just takes bond to another level.

However there is huge weakness in his potrayal. there is not much humour in it and that aspect you mentioned is NOT what we want from a Bond character. it just adds some unnecessary darkness to bond movies. a few bad experiences are okay but not the whole broken thing.

Sterling Archer is supposed to be what Ian Fleming wanted Bond to look like. He is also broken inside though, but there is a perfect balance of it with his humour.
    I think the reason for the apparent humor deficiency in the Dalton films was a result of them dialing back what had reached ridiculous levels of campy humor in the Moore films. Unfortunately they went a little too far in removing the humor and I think they were trying to meet audiences' expectations of gritty Die Hard and Lethal Weapon style action films in the late 80s.

Sterling Archer is more classic Bond than Daniel Craig, for sure.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE

To me, Dalton's version of Bond seems very similar to INTJs in films.
    ESTP 8w7-7w8-3w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCool View Post
    To me, Dalton's version of Bond seems very similar to INTJs in films.
    Maybe. I like License to Kill. He was very calculating the way he orchestrated everything and manipulated the situation to bring Sanchez' drug empire down.