User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    IsTP

To get a good understanding of anything I have to be able to directly interact with it, otherwise I have a hard time forming a deeper connection with whatever it is that holds my attention. I find beauty in form + function, this applies to interpersonal relationships. I don't find the intangable aspects of the world dull, they just don't hold my attention as long as what is going in in the 'here and now'
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Welcome back, havnt seen you in forever.

To me what happens is that Ti hits overload and things get so logically tied together that my Ni gets all jumbled and I get confused as to what is real and what I incorrectly tied together. I actually want to be alone, but in reality I need people that care about me. I need to be in the moment like I described above. I will find something to force me out of my head. Driving can be one of those things. It forces me out of my head and brings me into the moment. Things that force me to get out of my internal self and into Se. The best ways to do this and the most healthy for me is when it is pleasurable things in life, things that I want, things that I enjoy, things that if I were in my head I would miss.

If you are my escape it means I really enjoy your company. These are the people I want by my side in life. These are the people I need.
    Exactly - it's the combination of Ti and Ni without sufficient extroversion from Se or Fe.

What I keep finding repeatedly is that it's all about balance.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Exactly - it's the combination of Ti and Ni without sufficient extroversion from Se or Fe.

What I keep finding repeatedly is that it's all about balance.
    What makes you happy? What makes you smile and laugh?

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    What makes you happy? What makes you smile and laugh?
    Many things. The smallest things.

But I have to pay attention to them.

Too much energy being introverted can cause me to be oblivious or ignore things like that.

That's when I know I need to get out backpacking for a weekend, to get back in touch with the little things like that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

There are two ways I see the world. The first is flat, vague, emotional, and without an understanding of depth, like these paintings:

I'd associate it with my right eye, and the perspective of a vain noble from ancient times.

The second one is complex, specific, logical, and has depth, but it seems to strip the object of anything special or colorful, like this:

I'd associate this one with my left eye, and a modern architect or engineer.

All the other perspectives I can come up with are combinations of these two in some way.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    There are two ways I see the world. The first is flat, vague, emotional, and without an understanding of depth, like these paintings:
    well that's the intuiting vs sensing world... that's basically the main idea.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    EII

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. View Post
    Do you feel you have your own unique way of looking at objects or reality? Typically we're all unique, but does it feel like people frequently don't 'get you'? I'll use a model to help focus the objective of this thread: When you're alone what do you make of what you observe? Where is your head at? Even if you suffer from an illness.

Me, regardless of any emotion, I view the world through...dull eyes. Almost plastic. Not to say depressed vision. It's like I witness the living network of things or the beauty of nature, but I can't form any connection with it and become apathetic. On days when I hone in on it, it drives me nuts and I try to make something happen. Cause a collapse. etc... Friends often find me indirect in my conceptions.

I think it'll be interesting to hear about how you process what you see. Sorry if this is bizarre
    When I am alone in my own thoughts, everything comes to life in my mind. And if I am walking, everything I touch has life, and it all becomes a story to me. More than just a memory. Things swirl in color, and sights, sounds, smells and visions...my senses all become stronger, to which everything around me makes a noise, and seems to speak. Not quite so literally, but this is life to me. No matter whom I pass by, I love them. I see good in all things. Life is a giant artists board to me. Music is vision. Vision is art. Art is color. I could go on! Maybe it is just a positive out look, but even before, going through Chronic Depression, PTS, and other forms of mental illness....this is always how I just saw life.
    So he said to me "I love you, just not the way you want me to." I hit him, because he lied to me.

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Taizic View Post
    When I am alone in my own thoughts, everything comes to life in my mind. And if I am walking, everything I touch has life, and it all becomes a story to me. More than just a memory. Things swirl in color, and sights, sounds, smells and visions...my senses all become stronger, to which everything around me makes a noise, and seems to speak. Not quite so literally, but this is life to me. No matter whom I pass by, I love them. I see good in all things. Life is a giant artists board to me. Music is vision. Vision is art. Art is color. I could go on! Maybe it is just a positive out look, but even before, going through Chronic Depression, PTS, and other forms of mental illness....this is always how I just saw life.
    Does it give you purpose?
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    ISTP

I've dealt with adolescent and adult depression for well over a decade, so I can't help but see things in a slightly gray and jaded manner, at least when in a sedentary state. Not sure if being ISTP has anything to do with it in my case.