123 Last

Thread: ISTP Feedback

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Default ISTP Feedback

**Edited for better clarity.

Any ISTP's that initially mis-typed, and if so...did one initially test out as an i.e. INTP, or something else?

Also, curious as to whether most ISTP's have some form of music and/or art as a hobbie...in addition to other skills.

i.e. I play acoustic guitar.

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I read that our type is kinda anti-counter culture. I don't know about that so much, but I don't like conforming. Gets on my nerves somehow. But usually, it's by independent choice that I do differently anyway. By those standards, I could say, yes, I identify with the feeling. I don't have such an expansion of interests though. That's good for y'a
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. View Post
    I read that our type is kinda anti-counter culture. I don't know about that so much, but I don't like conforming. Gets on my nerves somehow. But usually, it's by independent choice that I do differently anyway. By those standards, I could say, yes, I identify with the feeling. I don't have such an expansion of interests though. That's good for y'a
    you mean counter culture? not anti-counter culture...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Thnx...for the reply. As to expansion of interest, the longer I breathe...it hasn't always been that way. Generally, yes...but accumulative.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    you mean counter culture? not anti-counter culture...
    I don't know what the OP meant but I've read it as he wrote it: anti-counter culture.

like the whole john wayne thing. not that he really ever fit in with the mainstream, but he wasn't a big fan of outlaw bikers either.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    IsTP

I don't think I was so much as mis-typed as I just sort of.. changed, I had a vareity of things go on in my life that changed my habits and outlook. (I was InTP before)

So recently I've tested as nothing but ISTP. As for hobbies I do play piano a bit, and occasionally I'll draw if I'm super bored.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

I've been typed as an ISFP before, and my I has swinged over to E once or twice.
    Usually, I'm ISTP though.

I play trumpet/synth since you asked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    I don't know what the OP meant but I've read it as he wrote it: anti-counter culture.

like the whole john wayne thing. not that he really ever fit in with the mainstream, but he wasn't a big fan of outlaw bikers either.
    Yeah, that's what I got too. To me, the whole counter culture thing is just another stream that happens to flow a slightly different direction from mainstream. It's not much better, if at all.

And to OP: My first test tested me as INTP, but all the test I did gave me 50/50 on S and N. I guess I'm an ISTP with developed intuition, or under-developed senses... Hmm.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

For Heinel,

I also initially tested as an INTP years ago... I still test out that way sometimes, but
    am not 100 percent positive that is incorrect.

There's a wide range of ISTP's as with other types, differing social/economic conditions...
    differing life paths that lead to differing opportunities. However, know for sure in measuring myself against a possibility.

In that 1. I really enjoy talking with the tradesmen end of the spectrum. Auto and motorcycle repairmen, I appreciate more readily the the big business titles I deal with
    each and every day, which isn't to say those folks aren't valued as much...more so valued equally.

Most INTP's I've met don't have an artistic talent or interest. They're more theoretical
    cerebral and I do enjoy exploring those topics with them, however...sometimes find it's
    way too much information and it makes my dang' brain hurt.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Never tested as anything other than an ISTP, but my sister(ENFP) originally thought I was an INTP, and my older brother (INTJ) -still- thinks I'm an INTP. I just tell them my Ni is decently developed, is all. And no... I dislike following any type of crowd. I prefer doing my own thing, and go with whatever makes sense to me at the time.

Haven't played any instruments since I was young, but I've always loved art. Mostly pencil drawing, but I dabble in digital art from time to time.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.