• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP Feedback

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
**Edited for better clarity.

Any ISTP's that initially mis-typed, and if so...did one initially test out as an i.e. INTP, or something else?

Also, curious as to whether most ISTP's have some form of music and/or art as a hobbie...in addition to other skills.

i.e. I play acoustic guitar.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I read that our type is kinda anti-counter culture. I don't know about that so much, but I don't like conforming. Gets on my nerves somehow. But usually, it's by independent choice that I do differently anyway. By those standards, I could say, yes, I identify with the feeling. I don't have such an expansion of interests though. That's good for y'a

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I read that our type is kinda anti-counter culture. I don't know about that so much, but I don't like conforming. Gets on my nerves somehow. But usually, it's by independent choice that I do differently anyway. By those standards, I could say, yes, I identify with the feeling. I don't have such an expansion of interests though. That's good for y'a

you mean counter culture? not anti-counter culture...

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thnx...for the reply. As to expansion of interest, the longer I breathe...it hasn't always been that way. Generally, yes...but accumulative.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
you mean counter culture? not anti-counter culture...

I don't know what the OP meant but I've read it as he wrote it: anti-counter culture.

like the whole john wayne thing. not that he really ever fit in with the mainstream, but he wasn't a big fan of outlaw bikers either.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I don't think I was so much as mis-typed as I just sort of.. changed, I had a vareity of things go on in my life that changed my habits and outlook. (I was InTP before)

So recently I've tested as nothing but ISTP. As for hobbies I do play piano a bit, and occasionally I'll draw if I'm super bored.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
I've been typed as an ISFP before, and my I has swinged over to E once or twice.
Usually, I'm ISTP though.

I play trumpet/synth since you asked.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know what the OP meant but I've read it as he wrote it: anti-counter culture.

like the whole john wayne thing. not that he really ever fit in with the mainstream, but he wasn't a big fan of outlaw bikers either.

Yeah, that's what I got too. To me, the whole counter culture thing is just another stream that happens to flow a slightly different direction from mainstream. It's not much better, if at all.

And to OP: My first test tested me as INTP, but all the test I did gave me 50/50 on S and N. I guess I'm an ISTP with developed intuition, or under-developed senses... Hmm.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For Heinel,

I also initially tested as an INTP years ago... I still test out that way sometimes, but
am not 100 percent positive that is incorrect.

There's a wide range of ISTP's as with other types, differing social/economic conditions...
differing life paths that lead to differing opportunities. However, know for sure in measuring myself against a possibility.

In that 1. I really enjoy talking with the tradesmen end of the spectrum. Auto and motorcycle repairmen, I appreciate more readily the the big business titles I deal with
each and every day, which isn't to say those folks aren't valued as much...more so valued equally.

Most INTP's I've met don't have an artistic talent or interest. They're more theoretical
cerebral and I do enjoy exploring those topics with them, however...sometimes find it's
way too much information and it makes my dang' brain hurt. ;)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never tested as anything other than an ISTP, but my sister(ENFP) originally thought I was an INTP, and my older brother (INTJ) -still- thinks I'm an INTP. I just tell them my Ni is decently developed, is all. And no... I dislike following any type of crowd. I prefer doing my own thing, and go with whatever makes sense to me at the time.

Haven't played any instruments since I was young, but I've always loved art. Mostly pencil drawing, but I dabble in digital art from time to time.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I still test as INTP sometimes. Although I rarely take tests anymore because they're biased because I know which questions are which.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
yep I test INTP here and there too....I always get borderline N or S results...

Eris

MBTI Type
IsTP
After receiving an INTJ on my first MBTI test (I have NO idea how I got back that J), and concluding it was wrong, an INFJ friend of mine told me she thought I was an INTP. After taking more tests which almost unanimously told me I was an INTP and reading the descriptions, I was definitely convinced I was an INTP for the longest time. But after some rethinking and self-examination, it turns out I've been an ISTP all along - a borderline one with the S/N, but still an ISTP.

I've been teaching myself the piano on and off, and I like art in general - especially drawing. I'm going to be majoring in animation.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I dunno what's with the tests giving rivaling N and S typings. I'm on that borderline as well. It seems it's a bit more common than I thought it was, unless borderlines really do view things similarly. Some think borderline results occur when takers don't understand how to answer questions. That, or it's a rare thing.

And I'm an avid musician, to answer to the OP's revision.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I dunno what's with the tests giving rivaling N and S typings. I'm on that borderline as well. It seems it's a bit more common than I thought it was, unless borderlines really do view things similarly. Some think borderline results occur when takers don't understand how to answer questions. That, or it's a rare thing.

Or the tests are problematic :p

I think perception tests are better done with scenarios.

tetsuwanatom

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Has been mistyped INTP, INFP, ENFP. Has always been mistyped N.

I blame this on tests that were probably made by N people who always seem to write S questions in a slightly negative way.

For example: which do you prefer to describe yourself?
a) intelligent visionary
b) car mechanic

(ok i exaggerate BUT THEY ARE KINDA LIKE THAT!!!)
(p.s. i have nothing against car mechanics)
(p.p.s CARS POLLUTE!)
(p.p.p.s. i only think this way cos i have no $$ to buy cars)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I test ISTP most of the time but I also test INTP. I just find ISTP fits me much better.

I play fiddle.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seeing others post, helped me percieve more of an S vs. an N for myself.

Over time I've played a lot of different instruments, and am very good fixing or making
things...just do it automatically.

Doesn't matter if it's plumbing, electrical wiring, painting canvas or walls, refinishing
furniture, building furniture...

Which isn't to say that an INTP wouldn't do some if not many of those things...or that
they wouldn't be somewhat musical, and athletic. Just seems that the later two in
conjunction with taking calculated physical risk such as motorcross. Had me going ah ha!

S seems to fit.

ViCyniC

MBTI Type
ISTP
I test ISTP most of the time but I also test INTP. I just find ISTP fits me much better.
Same here.

I play drums, but I need some serious practice to be what I consider as a "good drummer".

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i had typed myself as an ISTP, but sometimes i feel like any one of the other SP types.

i play guitar, and i play a native american drone flute.
and i play harmonica badly.
also i draw and paint.