• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] A Personality Change

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How easy is it for one's personality to change? Is there a certain age you reach where your ways remain intact, or are they always subject to change? I'm keeping in mind all the biological and environmental factors that have a hand in shaping a personality. And if it's not that easy, how long does it take?

Some people I've tried introducing the Personality Inventory to felt that the test didn't ask thorough questions (which is kinda BS to me) or that it was just an exam you take to change your habits and turn into another personality type if you wanted. No explanations I gave made it clear to them. I dunno what's so hard about finding out some details about yourself, though I know it's not 100% accurate. If you don't have as much skepticism as you have humility to a new concept...what's the point of judging something?

All I know is that ISTP pegs me so well that the test has got to be good for something. Sorry, everyone. I'm venting while I ask questions.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Some people I've tried introducing the Personality Inventory to felt that the test didn't ask thorough questions (which is kinda BS to me) or that it was just an exam you take to change your habits and turn into another personality type if you wanted. No explanations I gave made it clear to them. I dunno what's so hard about finding out some details about yourself, though I know it's not 100% accurate. If you don't have as much skepticism as you have humility to a new concept...what's the point of judging something?

Some people figure if it doesn't box them 100% then it is pointless. Or they think the point of these kind of tests are to box you into something, and they don't trust it. I wouldn't say it puts you in a box, but rather a familiar area with no walls. Usually when I explain it to people who don't know mbti that way they tend to understand it better. I sort of view the mbti types as computer processors. I have an INFP processor, but maybe my graphics card or 32 button mouse is different from other INFPs, if that makes sense.

I don't think you can change your type (unless you're one of those borderline Xs), only make it more rounded. Sort of like traveling sediment particles are more angular earlier in their 'life', and become more rounded with weathering. Aka life experience.