User Tag List

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Default A Personality Change

How easy is it for one's personality to change? Is there a certain age you reach where your ways remain intact, or are they always subject to change? I'm keeping in mind all the biological and environmental factors that have a hand in shaping a personality. And if it's not that easy, how long does it take?

Some people I've tried introducing the Personality Inventory to felt that the test didn't ask thorough questions (which is kinda BS to me) or that it was just an exam you take to change your habits and turn into another personality type if you wanted. No explanations I gave made it clear to them. I dunno what's so hard about finding out some details about yourself, though I know it's not 100% accurate. If you don't have as much skepticism as you have humility to a new concept...what's the point of judging something?

All I know is that ISTP pegs me so well that the test has got to be good for something. Sorry, everyone. I'm venting while I ask questions.
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. View Post
    Some people I've tried introducing the Personality Inventory to felt that the test didn't ask thorough questions (which is kinda BS to me) or that it was just an exam you take to change your habits and turn into another personality type if you wanted. No explanations I gave made it clear to them. I dunno what's so hard about finding out some details about yourself, though I know it's not 100% accurate. If you don't have as much skepticism as you have humility to a new concept...what's the point of judging something?
    Some people figure if it doesn't box them 100% then it is pointless. Or they think the point of these kind of tests are to box you into something, and they don't trust it. I wouldn't say it puts you in a box, but rather a familiar area with no walls. Usually when I explain it to people who don't know mbti that way they tend to understand it better. I sort of view the mbti types as computer processors. I have an INFP processor, but maybe my graphics card or 32 button mouse is different from other INFPs, if that makes sense.

I don't think you can change your type (unless you're one of those borderline Xs), only make it more rounded. Sort of like traveling sediment particles are more angular earlier in their 'life', and become more rounded with weathering. Aka life experience.