User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 226

  1. #61
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    lol right. Sorry, I meant "NFP women except for amargith."

    You really don't think they apply to you? :yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_

    Honestly, virtually all of your responses in this thread are classic NFP female. I'm not telling you to change that; just pointing out an obvious trends.
    Yes, coz you so know me well that you can make generalizations about when I completely fit in the NFP box and when not. It's interesting, since you're always wailing about how people shouldn't intuit someone elses emotions or motivations and should accept at face value what others tell them. I'm telling you again, I have no problem with casual sex. Third (or fourth by now?) and last time. Learn to listen.

    For that matter, reread the thread, you missed my point entirely, which seems to stem frome the fact that you don't seem to like being judged for having casual sex. I however never did that. Sorry if you thought otherwise.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  2. #62
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I think it's stronger with men. At least it is, ime, with the exception of being comforted when emotionally upset. Think it has something to do with the fact that the presence of a man tend to stabilize our hormones and moodswings. If I remember correctly, they have some pheromone stuff that does that or something. I'd have to look it up.

    As for your other point, I've never had a problem with it. In fact, I've found guys being quite receptive to it and often initiating it themselves while fully well knowing nothing was going to happen.
    OK, just bear with me I'm not trying to be annoying.

    If it's stronger with men, then it doesn't seem to be just the cuddling to me. It seems to be a reaction to maleness, coupled with the release of oxytocin. So maybe women have been conditioned to expect this release with a man specifically so the two are intertwined. According to my understanding the warm fuzzies should happen with a cuddle session regardless of the sex of the person you're cuddling with. Nursing mothers experience this with their babies, so it's not just a woman and man interaction.

    I must also add that there is also the power element. Even though some women's intentions may be pure, there are just as many others who like being teases and play stupid afterward. IME, this happens just as often as the platonic cuddling/
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  3. #63
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warm8 View Post
    oh, well she was my girlfriend for a while, but we just stressed each other out a lot. now we're basically the closest of friends (you know, minus the stressing out) but with intimate cuddling, i love yous, and beyond that.
    Sweet! So who is holding the cuddle power? Did she initiate the cuddling after the break up, or you?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

  4. #64
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    This could be at least partially because you specifically seek out this type of man for friendship, don't you think? Your sample may be biased.
    Not really..my college consisted of 95 percent females. It's not like I had that big a choice in men
    Besides, it was usually the men you never would've expected it from.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #65
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,130

    Default

    Having cuddle friends is the emotional equivalent of having a friend with benefits. Both muddy the waters and send messages that get people's hopes up whether or no they have intellectually agreed to the arrangement. You can't get the benefits of a relationship without actually having a relationship because it is always going to turn bad on you.

  6. #66
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    I had a handsy, cuddly friend [especially when drunk. One second we're doing shots, the next I'm being straddled ].

    It's a shitty position to be in. If I had a cuddle buddy I'd push for more. Cuddling doesn't do much by itself, but it's enjoyable because my body assumes something more is coming and thinks it's on its way to snoo-snoo, or when I've just had sex.

    Stellar I'd have to wonder what the hell you're getting from all of this.



  7. #67
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    As CaptainChick so eloquently brought up, does cuddling with other women produce the same effect or is it specifically guys?
    This.


    Anyway, cuddling for me is a very intimate exchange. I would never do it with someone unless I was emotionally intimate with that person.

    Also whoever talks of cuddling in terms of needs...that might even be true, but I don't lead my life in that way - seeking to satisfy my needs. I could very well say men have the need to spread their seed too...so it's a need to copulate with various women. So that's why I would never go into a needs/wants debate.

  8. #68
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    OK, just bear with me I'm not trying to be annoying.

    If it's stronger with men, then it doesn't seem to be just the cuddling to me. It seems to be a reaction to maleness, coupled with the release of oxytocin. So maybe women have been conditioned to expect this release with a man specifically so the two are intertwined. According to my understanding the warm fuzzies should happen with a cuddle session regardless of the sex of the person you're cuddling with. Nursing mothers experience this with their babies, so it's not just a woman and man interaction.

    I must also add that there is also the power element. Even though some women's intentions may be pure, there are just as many others who like being teases and play stupid afterward. IME, this happens just as often as the platonic cuddling/
    Could very well be that that is the reaction behind it. I'd have to look it up. It's kinda insulting to know that having a man in your life tends to make you a more stable person

    I agree that toying with people like that is despicable. For me those are two different mindsets anyways, unless I'm with my SO. I'll tease and taunt for fun and games, which come to an end. But cuddling up with someone in that way, unless I'm dating them, is more of a maternal, nurturing vibe..not a sexual one, usually.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #69
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Yes, coz you so know me well that you can make generalizations about when I completely fit in the NFP box and when not. It's interesting, since you're always wailing about how people shouldn't intuit someone elses emotions or motivations and should accept at face value what others tell them. I'm telling you again, I have no problem with casual sex. Third (or fourth by now?) and last time. Learn to listen.
    Actually, maybe you should learn to listen/not to assume motives on my part that aren't there. I didn't say you had a problem with casual sex; I said you take it personally when men are interested in you for sexual reasons only and you just want to cuddle...as you clearly stated annoys you in the OP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    For that matter, reread the thread, you missed my point entirely, which seems to stem frome the fact that you don't seem to like being judged for having casual sex. I however never did that. Sorry if you thought otherwise.
    You're correct that I don't like being judged for casual sex. Unfortunately you're incorrect in your assertion that I think you did that to me in this thread, and also in your assertion that I missed your point.

    Your point was: "It annoys me when I want to cuddle platonically and men think it means I want sex."

    This is a characteristically NFP female viewpoint, even though some non-NFPs and some non-women hold it. This is really not very complicated. I spent the thread explaining:

    A) Why this happens,
    B) Why you should be able to anticipate it happening, and
    C) Why it's really not unreasonable for men to interpret your actions this way.

    I never said anything about you being against casual sex; try taking your own advice and listen. You're transferring the blame in this situation to men for "reading too far into" your cuddling, and you've neglected the biological implications of displaying physical intimacy. My point isn't that you somehow hate or are against casual sex; it's that the blame here lies more with you for not recognizing the way most men are likely to interpret your actions.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #70
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Sigh. We both got each others points wrong. Let's just leave it at that.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] ISTP - "friends with benefits" relationships
    By lasdf23 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 05-29-2017, 10:38 PM
  2. [INTP] Being friends with benefits with an INTP- feelings complications.
    By Fiarein in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 10:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO