User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

This thread is teeming with cuddlephobics.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

To the guys who cuddle with girls you have no sexual interest in: what if she has sexual interest in you? Would you still cuddle with her then?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

My feeling is that when women want to cuddle it's because they need to feel cared for and loved and accepted as an individual. When men want to cuddle, it's cuz they are hoping sex will result, although if they are a nice guy, they'll accept the cuddle sans sex. Isn't this obvious?

I also have seen that women who want to cuddle tend to be people I consider a bit more how shall I say, er, a bit more cognizant of her own needs versus the needs of others. Not that the cuddle type isn't interested in helping others, because she is, but she's a bit more interested in having her own intimacy needs met first. I think what I'm saying is the type of woman who wants to cuddle and will cuddle with platonic expectations (flirting at the most), is someone with low/lower Fe. She is not necessarily thinking of the other person and how he is feeling, but more about herself and how good it feels to be embraced.

Having said that, I will cuddle my girlfriends. Sometimes I even hold hands with my best friends (rarely). Usually I cuddle my xsfp (esfp i think) friend because she is so needy in this way, she's practically begging for affection, not unlike a puppy dog. Although it makes me slightly uncomfortable I do it because I love her and care for her.

I cuddled with a good guy friend from high school years ago (in high school). I suspected he had sexual feelings for me. I didn't for him. After the one time, I discontinued the cuddle because I didn't want to lead him on.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Haven't read this thread yet, but to the OP....

...I'm so not down with this! Now I love physical touch, I love cuddling, I love that physical closeness with another...but I 100% associate this with someone I'm romantically interested in. It's totally, irrevocably connected. I touch/cuddle *because* I have feelings for someone and am involved with them. It's an extension of my feelings.
    Same. I have many male friends, but under no circumstances would I cuddle with them. I reserve cuddling for significant others or those I'm interested in romantically. Cuddling male friends would only confuse them into thinking that I want more from them than friendship. Besides that, I don't get any comfort from cuddling unless it is someone I am interested in romantically.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    To the guys who cuddle with girls you have no sexual interest in: what if she has sexual interest in you? Would you still cuddle with her then?
    no. thats weird.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ISTx

I, personally, do not cuddle with my friends. We may have a hug, as in a short embrace then release, or a kiss on the cheek, but not cuddling. Cuddling is a bit more intimate to me. The only exception I can think of is if we're outside and it's freezing cold, but then that's more like a huddle, as opposed to a cuddle.
    +1

Cuddling with strictly platonic friends? Hell naw.

I've shared my opinion on cuddling before. I view it as a fairly intimate exchange, on par with sex.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I've shared my opinion on cuddling before. I view it as a fairly intimate exchange, on par with sex.
    Yeah, definitely, me too.

(Although cuddling and sex are not replacements for each other, imo)

MBTI
    ISTx

(Although cuddling and sex are not replacements for each other, imo)
    No doubt.

I hate cuddling...unless I'm extremely attracted to someone or in love with the person. In that case I love cuddling.

I just do not understand my friends who cuddle with each other casually.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

That's kind of sweet, actually.

It might not be the smartest choice considering all the potential implications, but I can see the value in it.

And speaking of which... why is it that women sometimes cuddle with each other or otherwise touch, but it's rare for men who aren't gay to do the same? Is it the whole sex drive thing? Homophobia?