User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

ISTP's have ego's? Grayscale is joking right!?!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Hmm...I'm wondering what you would say the difference between ego and self-esteem is? I think I have a large but hidden ego. Yet, I struggle a lot with my sense of self-worth. It seems contradictory. Maybe it is.
    Yeah, I was totally thinking about this the other day in regards to you guys. It seems like you have this fascinating balance of stubborn pride on one hand, but open humility at the same time. I couldn't really understand how they could coexist and have a difficult time explaining it, but hmm...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Yeah, I was totally thinking about this the other day in regards to you guys. It seems like you have this fascinating balance of stubborn pride on one hand, but open humility at the same time. I couldn't really understand how they could coexist and have a difficult time explaining it, but hmm...
    It's like I was saying to my ISTP friend a few years ago... "I don't have an ego...yada, yada ya."

ISTP friend says, "Who you?!? No ego!?! You are so full of ____!"

MBTI
    ISTP

That's pretty much exactly correct. It isn't entirely pride, or ego really....I'm just stubborn on many things, even if I know I'm wrong, I want to figure it out myself. I equate ego more with thinking I'm better than others, and such....on that note, I don't have much of one. The only things I think I'm better at, are the ones I know I'm better at. (Ex: Skiing, I will claim to be a better skier, but the odds are I am).
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

hmm...for me it's often the difference between sharing and telling. If someone wants
    to share information in an area I feel really competant in, I listen...knowing I can learn
    from it.

If someone decides to tell me how to do something better, I am really competant in.

The stubborn side comes out, I'll simply ignore them and do it my way. Or draw my line in the sand, if they push further.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Yeah I know..it's like they know what they're capable of, and are quite stubborn and arrogant about it..until someone shows that they're better at that. They fall immediately in line, hound the person for information, take any treatment that comes their way in order to reach their goal, never quit, never whine, are really humble during this process and realize that they have a long way to go, till they once again become the master. Repeat cycle.

I'm in utter awe at their ability to do this, I swear.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    That's pretty much exactly correct. It isn't entirely pride, or ego really....I'm just stubborn on many things, even if I know I'm wrong, I want to figure it out myself. I equate ego more with thinking I'm better than others, and such....on that note, I don't have much of one. The only things I think I'm better at, are the ones I know I'm better at. (Ex: Skiing, I will claim to be a better skier, but the odds are I am).
    I don't think I'm better than others but I know I can do a lot of things better than others Confidence or ego? I'd say it's a fine line. But instead of talking about it - I show it. So it doesn't come off as arrogance. Sometimes I'll say something off the cuff about something I did and realize I said too much - like my inner ego comes out in a quick sentence and it sounds...conceited (ugh) I hate that! Then I'm kind of disgusted with myself for a minute.

The last few posters I can really relate to all of what they say. Pretty accurate and it's interesting to see what others (ENFP's here) see these things as.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    but honestly I would just rather they be more upfront because that is a more efficient way to communicate and if I was helping them I would try to make it easy to understand by doing the same.
    I feel this way too. It's the very reason I don't, and I mean don't, write much in the forums, interact with others on a daily basis, or go to so called psychologists.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

You're all wrong! Very, very wrong!

MBTI
    IsTP

I think much of it has to do with having a good sense of what you can and can't do. I'll admit I'm fairly egotistical when it comes down to particular things that I excel at, I simply *know* I am better. I am very outspoken and competitive when it comes to subjects I know a lot on, or activities I do very well at.

Of course on the other hand I have a very good sense of how I suck at some things and have no problem conceding.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...