User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Some people are definitely harder to type than others, and less extreme dichotomies can definitely cause a problem for discerning which one is used the most.

This is a case where knowledge of the cognitive functions would come in handy.
    Or perhaps you have an understanding of the differences between the NF types and the SJ types? That would help, too.

Since you're an INFJ, this idea might work for you. Sometimes I look at the negative traits of the types and compare them because I am naturally such a critical person, it's easier for me to notice their bad points than their good ones - not a good thing, I know.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Some people are definitely harder to type than others, and less extreme dichotomies can definitely cause a problem for discerning which one is used the most.

This is a case where knowledge of the cognitive functions would come in handy.
    Or perhaps you have an understanding of the differences between the NF types and the SJ types? That would help, too.

Since you're an INFJ, this idea might work for you. Sometimes I look at the negative traits of the types and compare them because I am naturally such a critical person, it's easier for me to notice their bad points than their good ones - not a good thing, I know.
    I do have a negative view of SJ's because of my relationship with my father. I'll fully admit that.

Cognitive functions? I see Fe. Lots of Fe. I'd say I see Ni because of his drive to set goals and perfectionism, but could that also be Si? I have a negative impression of Si because when I use it, I use it terribly. He's as bad with dates as I am, which is normally a Si sort of thing. However, I'm way more abstract & he does take the practical approach in the relationship.

He seems to possess the NF romanticism/idealism coupled with the SJ practicality. It's a mystery to me.

MBTI
    INTJ

Does he LOVE history and antiques?

That could reveal a greater tendency toward SJ.

I did historic research with an ISFJ. She was always getting these "hunches" that seemed to come out of nowhere, but she was almost always right. I learned that the hunches were based on information she had taken in even years before!

MBTI
    enfj

ok I was able to recently type my cousin as an isfp. I didn't know him very well at all.. clearly. I kept trying to type him as an N and T, but after spending some time with him I quickly noticed the prominence of F and what seemed to be Fi. and I was like whoa hold on infp? that really didnt seem to fit. my mother is an infp "albeit a very unhealthy one" so I was careful not to write that off as well.

I rode home with him on about a 4-5 hour car trip back from a family Christmas party and found out that he was somewhat familiar with type, He told me He was definitely and F. I explored this to confirm/pick Fi or Fe. It was very obvious that He was using Fi. also he told me he didnt usually ever do things like miss exits/ drive the wrong rode etc but still said he wasnt good at noticing things.
    As I talked to him I kept hearing Ni as well. but it was at the cost of his external focus. in fact I doubted whether he could really be a sensor. he nearly missed a red light!!

So here is the question. What about Ni? When I see it, especially when its not in the dom/aux placement its very obvious. he tends to be somewhat paranoid about peoples intentions. which I can do but these Ni realizations are overvalued. he doesn't seem to have a way to invalidate them.

and for me Fi when I look for it is also very easy to spot. perhaps because its opposite my Fe prefs?

asked him about burning bridges. something I experienced with my ex.infp he said that he "decided" to value people as in would still talk to them even if he decided he didn't like them but. he easily saw in himself the tendency to do otherwise.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Does he LOVE history and antiques?

That could reveal a greater tendency toward SJ.

I did historic research with an ISFJ. She was always getting these "hunches" that seemed to come out of nowhere, but she was almost always right. I learned that the hunches were based on information she had taken in even years before!
    Nope, he doesn't have an interest in either. He's also really big on his past not affecting his future.

The other weird thing about him is that he reads emotion & facial expressions really well - like in an almost psychic sort of way. I can't hide anything, haha. But on the same note, his complaint about me is that I read between the lines too much.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    ok I was able to recently type my cousin as an isfp. I didn't know him very well at all.. clearly. I kept trying to type him as an N and T, but after spending some time with him I quickly noticed the prominence of F and what seemed to be Fi. and I was like whoa hold on infp? that really didnt seem to fit. my mother is an infp "albeit a very unhealthy one" so I was careful not to write that off as well.
    Ha. I've typed Fi people as T before. I'm thinking it has to do with the INFJ impression of Fi.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

( I severely resent this thread for bumping my blog! :sad
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Sorry, Luv. Quick! Go post something else!

Wait a minute... bumping your blog where? ON or Off the New Posts List?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    Nope, he doesn't have an interest in either. He's also really big on his past not affecting his future.

The other weird thing about him is that he reads emotion & facial expressions really well - like in an almost psychic sort of way. I can't hide anything, haha. But on the same note, his complaint about me is that I read between the lines too much.
    Hmmm... could still be an ISFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Myers Briggs and articles about the MBTI

Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, the ISFJ's shadow may appear - a negative form of ENTP. Example characteristics are:

* being very intolerant of others who do not act competently
    * suggesting impractical ideas
    * being critical of others, and finding fault with almost everything
    * having a gloomy view of the future
    * being argumentative

Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, the INFJ's shadow may appear - a negative form of ESTP. Example characteristics are:

* acting very impulsively, making decisions without thinking them through
    * doing things to excess - e.g.: eating, drinking or exercising
    * being critical of others, and finding fault with almost everything
    * being preoccupied about unimportant details and doing things that have no meaning
    * acting in a very materialistic and selfish way
    * cutting corners, breaking the rules, and even contradicting the INFJ's own values