First 12

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was driving south on I-45, bringing my brother to visit from Dallas, and the roads were icy. I spun off the road twice, one time we spun completely around and faced back towards traffic. Then I nearly got run off a bridge by a truck a few minutes later.

I dunno how crazy it is, but I used to go driving nearly every weekend without any idea where I was going or where I'd end up. One time I went East on Texas Highway 21, and at some point I looked at the map and realized that I was near Farm Road 1. I had driven on Farm Roads 2, 3, 4, and 5 I think, but never on 1. It's actually quite long for a Farm Road, but I drove the entire length of it, it both starts and ends on Highway 21. When I got to the end and had to turn on 21 again, I was going to turn right and head back West towards home when I saw that the sign said "State Line - 7" with an arrow pointing left, meaning it was only 7 miles East to the border with Louisiana. By this point, that means I had driven probably at least 250 miles from home, but I was like "i can't be this close to the border and not go!" So I went East and saw the end of Texas 21, it goes on a bridge across the Sabine River, and I got there like right as sunset was hitting the water and it was possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. As soon as I crossed the border into LA, I turned around and came right back, heading West for home, but I was so glad I did that, because I didn't know if I'd ever get the chance again.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I like taking curves that are advised to be taken at 25 MPH at 50, and accelerating out of them. I also just like to go as fast as possible if I know that there aren't any cops, it's exhilarating. I don't have any particular experiences though.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

My last great "driving" moment .. wasn't "driving" really. Just a nice Starsky and Hutch spin. Me and a friend were leaving a bar, got into my car in the back alley, and as I was flipping through my ipod, preparing to back out, some kid came walking around the corner with a big shiny gun pointed at my windshield. I was close to just gunning forward instead and smashing him against the wall.. but I went reverse and spun around perfectly in a really tight building complex... He must have been impressed, because he didn't fire a shot as we left.

Probably not a good story. Kinda hard to explain the surroundings. :P

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I like taking curves that are advised to be taken at 25 MPH at 50, and accelerating out of them. I also just like to go as fast as possible if I know that there aren't any cops, it's exhilarating. I don't have any particular experiences though.
    I got dinged in drivers ed because of this. It was a prety funny response from a drivers ed teacher. He said "You were going alot faster then the recomended speed, but seemed to handle that turn really good". It was like a "I am supposed to tell you to slow down, but you seem like you know what your doing."
    Im out, its been fun

^ Kind of similar experience in driver's ed heh

As for curves.. I know why the speed limits are set as they are. If you play by the rules, it's correct amount of force and speed, etc.. I always wondered if there's actually a guy who tests out roads to recommend speed limits. It always seems just "right". Are they calculating it or testing it? hmm

One of my cheap thrills for speeding them was doing it on LSD (don't do it now, don't worry) and packing my car with friends.. Yes, we were bored. But it was the closest thing to a rollercoaster at 2 AM. There was a big overpass in particular near where I grew up I liked speeding on. I have no f'in clue why my friends liked it or trusted me though.

*sigh* I don't do any of this anymore really. I think I've compensated with video games.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    ^ Kind of similar experience in driver's ed heh

As for curves.. I know why the speed limits are set as they are. If you play by the rules, it's correct amount of force and speed, etc.. I always wondered if there's actually a guy who tests out roads to recommend speed limits. It always seems just "right". Are they calculating it or testing it? hmm

One of my cheap thrills for speeding them was doing it on LSD (don't do it now, don't worry) and packing my car with friends.. Yes, we were bored. But it was the closest thing to a rollercoaster at 2 AM. There was a big overpass in particular near where I grew up I liked speeding on. I have no f'in clue why my friends liked it or trusted me though.

*sigh* I don't do any of this anymore really. I think I've compensated with video games.
    I always figure it was like everything else, lets go by the lowest common denominator and then cut it in half. I mean I can take those 25MPH turns at 50 in a minivan. The only thing I worry about is other cars on the road. Of course my EJ father in law responded in the same fashion as the drivers ed teacher. It was his minivan and the roads were slightly wet which caused me to be alot more cautious in my pushing the limit

I stopped in regards to the going over 80-85 MPH and a few other things like taking sidewalks, medians, not waiting for exits and just cutting across the grass, but still like to take turns fast and pushing the physical limits of things.
    Im out, its been fun