User Tag List

First 12

Thread: SP habitats?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Yep. I love dive bars. My friends don't understand why I choose to work in them but it feels more "real" to me. More honest. I don't know. I just have an affinity for the underdog and also the "working man"...it's like a really admirable thing to me. No frills. Honest work. Honest play.
    yeah, me too. i've always been very proud to call myself working class, it's a badge of honor for me. working class are good people.

i used to be a fry cook at this place that was a diner by day and a bar by night. it really redefined "dive". we used to chain smoke cigars while we were cooking breakfast. and then since it was a bar by night we had alcohol on hand, so a lot of the regular guys would have us cook their eggs with whiskey.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

lol...How good were those eggs? I'm curious to try that.

Yeah. I'd almost say I was a reverse snob the way I hold those places and people in higher esteem than more acceptable places.

Random quirky macabre tidbit: I work in a dive bar and the previous cook was a serial killer. He was convicted of one murder but apparently they think he did more. I asked how his personality was. From what people said he was very quiet and nice. He'd do anything for anybody. He had history of being violent to his girlfriends (but I guess not enough to raise red flags) and if there was a bar fight they always said he would handle business really calmly but he'd be scarily calm while he kicked their asses. He would say really strange things every once in a while about sexual things. I would have liked to meet him just to see if I got a bad vibe from him or not. You always hear about these kinds of people but just...wow. Crazy stuff.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTP

I would have liked to meet him just to see if I got a bad vibe from him or not.
    Wow, that's totally creepy and sadistic of you to be interested in such a monster.

Post if you get any more info about what he was like.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Purely selfish reasons I assure you. Just curious to see if my internal gut feelings would pick up on that evilness.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

I'm at work, at the gym, at the library, at the book store, at the park. Places like that.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Movie theater, sports bar, highway, park, sports stadium, amusement park/fair, restaurant.

For younger ones, the mall. And a lot go to strip clubs or other bars - not me but others I know.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTP

lol...How good were those eggs? I'm curious to try that.

Yeah. I'd almost say I was a reverse snob the way I hold those places and people in higher esteem than more acceptable places.

Random quirky macabre tidbit: I work in a dive bar and the previous cook was a serial killer. He was convicted of one murder but apparently they think he did more. I asked how his personality was. From what people said he was very quiet and nice. He'd do anything for anybody. He had history of being violent to his girlfriends (but I guess not enough to raise red flags) and if there was a bar fight they always said he would handle business really calmly but he'd be scarily calm while he kicked their asses. He would say really strange things every once in a while about sexual things. I would have liked to meet him just to see if I got a bad vibe from him or not. You always hear about these kinds of people but just...wow. Crazy stuff.
    I'm with you on that! I'd love to just know if I could spot them! You ever watch Dexter*? I think serial killer psychology is absolutely fascinating! Uh, I know it's weird of me, but I can't help it! They go through some oppressive upbringing or experience one traumatic event or they're sexually dysfunctional...and BAM, they channel it by killing people. Wtf!

*I honestly think most of the acting is TERRIBLE, but I like the concept and story. Dexter is decent, but his girlfriend, her kids...*BARF* Awful actors.

Anyway, on to the original topic.
    I guess I'm an oddity. I spend a lot of time at home, altho if there's ANYTHING else going on with my friends, I'll probably do that. I need a bunch of restoration/winding down time tho. I like just catching up with the internet or watching whatever TV shows I'm into at the time (currently Seinfeld and Dexter). I like just doing nothing after a bunch of activity. It gives me time to process things. Most of my friends are a bunch of introverts so they don't do anything...which is why I'm almost always up for SOMEthing. However, weekend after weekend of stuff does wear on me and I enjoy the down time when people have other plans. Actually, when I know I won't have any free weekends, I kinda feel overwhelmed!
    And that's a tangent.

So during the week I work and go home. During the warmer months I was riding my bike in the afternoons. Now I catch up on internet and TV time. On the weekends...I was going to the water park a bunch over the summer. I'd love to live closer to a coaster park 'cause I LOVE COASTERS! Adrenaline rush ftw! Closest one is about 50 minutes away and it's only open on the weekends now...'bout to close for the year on Halloween I don't play volleyball, but a bunch of my friends do and they have random tournaments on the weekends at a nice park, so I generally go out for the day/afternoon (depending on when I happen to wake up) and root for the teams

There ya have it! I'm a pretty boring SP!
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%