User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    STP

Default Sp, lack of Si, and internal vision

Do you other SPs lack the ability to visualize things you havnt seen. I can get the thought process in my head, but the ability to visualize something, I cant really do. Like my brother(IJ) can listen to a movie and visualize whats going on in his head without actually watching it. I lack the ability to do that. I just think about the words and stuff that is coming up next, the visual mental images do not appear for me. Know that I think about it I cant even really visualize things in my head that I have seen.

edit: it is probably an NeSi combo thing instead of just Si or just Ne.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

For me I can sort of imagine and figure out what's going on in a movie if I just hear the sound, but when I actually try to visualize it my mind draws a blank. My mind pretty much draws a blank when I try to visualize something I haven't seen period. If someone is describing how something looks to me and I haven't seen anything like it before, I usually think of how it would look in terms of something I've seen before depending on the random things they are describing about the thing.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    For me I can sort of imagine and figure out what's going on in a movie if I just hear the sound, but when I actually try to visualize it my mind draws a blank. My mind pretty much draws a blank when I try to visualize something I haven't seen period. If someone is describing how something looks to me and I haven't seen anything like it before, I usually think of how it would look in terms of something I've seen before depending on the random things they are describing about the thing.
    Its wierd especially since when I dream everything is so real and life like. I guess I cant bring that fully into my concious control yet.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Do you other SPs lack the ability to visualize things you havnt seen. I can get the thought process in my head, but the ability to visualize something, I cant really do. Like my brother(IJ) can listen to a movie and visualize whats going on in his head without actually watching it. I lack the ability to do that. I just think about the words and stuff that is coming up next, the visual mental images do not appear for me. Know that I think about it I cant even really visualize things in my head that I have seen.

edit: it is probably an NeSi combo thing instead of just Si or just Ne.
    i don't get what your saying? Usually if im listening to a movie i try to understand whats going on and don't visualize anything. Isn't that what most people do?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    i don't get what your saying? Usually if im listening to a movie i try to understand whats going on and don't visualize anything. Isn't that what most people do?
    Listening and not watching. My brother was telling me he is gonna have to change movies out in his van that his son watches because he keeps visualizing the movie just by hearing it since he has seen it before. I had posted something that made me think about. I tend to not visualize but respond off of a thought. Just wondering if its a difference between Ne and Se or maybe Si and Ni.

It also made me think about how my dad and my grandpa said they used to listen to the radio and be able to visualize what the radio was saying. I have never been able to visualize these kinds of things. I wanted to get opinion of other Se types.

Almost wonder if Si is good at bringing things in and internally visualizing.

edit: maybe this is why we have to experience things firts hand

MBTI
    ?

This might sound weird, but I always imagine wrong - at least visually. This is true if I'm trying to picture something on a TV screen, but also true of real-life memories. If I had to recount something I'd actually seen, I'd probably have a very detailed description, but it would probably be completely incorrect. It makes me really bad at recognizing people I've already met. I remember things I hear or read pretty accurately though.

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Is there an example that you can show?

I don't think I have had trouble visualizing things before. I am thinking this probably relates to whether you're verbally or visually oriented, not type.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

i can do that, really well actually. but im unusual, like a unicorn or a hexapus

or maybe you just lost your imagination...
    This will hurt.

loves her enfj boyfriend

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Hmm...I've never consciously thought about this subject. In the cases that have been mentioned I don't "see" a picture in my head if I just hear a movie in the background. I just hear the voices and if I'm paying attention I just concentrate on what I'm hearing. Special effects might add to my knowledge of what's taking place but that's about it.

I always thought my Si was apparent when I was trying to locate my car in a huge parking garage. I know I've visualized myself back in time parking and trying to remember markers or colors. That's the main area when I utilize Si. Or at least similar kinds of issues.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    STP

I know when me and my dad work through things, he likes to draw what he sees in his head and then I can come up with ideas I dont know where from with solutions. My son this morning handed me a lego boot and said why id didnt fit. Within a split second I knew exactly what we needed, how to go about fixing it. I didnt see an image in my head, I dont know what it was, but immediately I knew what to do. I rely on this thought pattern heavily. Its part of my dynamic nature.

I know that I was talking about Se and how some people kinda zoom in with it instead of pulling back to the big picture. I do the same with Si I think. When I get directions I zoom to an intersection and then which direction to turn. I dont have to have a clear picture of the intersection, just an idea. I am excellent with being told directions and without writing them down. I dont always remember them either, but when I get to the street that zoomed in thought comes up and I remember which way to turn. I rely extremely heavily on things just popping up in my head when something looks familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I always thought my Si was apparent when I was trying to locate my car in a huge parking garage. I know I've visualized myself back in time parking and trying to remember markers or colors. That's the main area when I utilize Si. Or at least similar kinds of issues.
    I try the same thing when I forget, but half the time I cant remember far enough back. I end up walking around trying to remember until it just pops in my head. I wonder if I have learned to work with Ne, but not control it.