User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Sometimes I listen to sport on the radio and can visualise it pretty well, although at times when I go back and watch the actual game it can be quite different to what I had visualised.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Sometimes I listen to sport on the radio and can visualise it pretty well, although at times when I go back and watch the actual game it can be quite different to what I had visualised.
    I would think thats normal, because its an internal vision. Mine may just be at the very bottom of my function order.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I know that I was talking about Se and how some people kinda zoom in with it instead of pulling back to the big picture. I do the same with Si I think. When I get directions I zoom to an intersection and then which direction to turn. I dont have to have a clear picture of the intersection, just an idea. I am excellent with being told directions and without writing them down. I dont always remember them either, but when I get to the street that zoomed in thought comes up and I remember which way to turn. I rely extremely heavily on things just popping up in my head when something looks familiar.
    Sometimes I purposely don't write directions down just to see if I can get there. Do you know what synesthesia is? Because I have this and I use this on these occasions. As soon as someone tells me the directions I see the colors. Then when I see the street names the color comes back to me and I know where to turn.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Sometimes I purposely don't write directions down just to see if I can get there. Do you know what synesthesia is? Because I have this and I use this on these occasions. As soon as someone tells me the directions I see the colors. Then when I see the street names the color comes back to me and I know where to turn.
    I dont use synesthesia, but I was watching something the other day about it. With me its not synesthesia, but its like something pops up and says, right here. My wife hands me the phone to get directions because I can usually get us there without writing it down.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm very WYSIWYG.

If I hear it, then I ponder on the whole event without visualization.

If I see it but there is no sound, then I go by what I saw.

Somehow it seems a waste of energy trying to conjure up a mode of existence for something that is not elemental in its native presentation.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Same, Halla.

I'm with most of the SPs here. I can't visualize something worth shit. And if I ever do, like reading a book before seeing the movie, it always ends up being completely different than what I'd imagined.

And I don't think that's just cuz the creators take license, because even while reading a book back in the day I'd struggle to conjure up an image of what it looked like only to have that contradicted and thus obliterated by further description. It's so frustrating. I can usually never figure out the descriptions of settings in a book. I can pretty well imagine what a person looks like for the most part, though.

Makes me want to write my own book and give much more clear yet detailed descriptions.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]