• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Epinephrine

wolfy

awsm
Ever get massive dumps of adrenaline into your blood out of the blue? Could be norepinephrine now that I look into it more.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
kitty wanz moar!!!!!

wolfy

awsm
I'm gonna feel like a real friggin idiot if no one says yeah...

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
No, I don't have hormone imbalances.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Yeah, when my adrenline kicks in there is pretty good cause for such.

wolfy

awsm
What's wrong with me!!!! Maybe it's an adrenal imbalance caused by too much coffee...
I kind of like it anyway.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Would be nice if you could control adrenaline levels, you'd be superman :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I've actually heard of a disease where your body produces too much adrenaline. :D

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Not really, but I do seem to get smaller amounts when I've been inactive for too long. :D

Anyway, it was funny because in your last post for a split second I thought you were quoting the post just above yours, hahaha. I was like, a disease as a superpower, eh? HAH! ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Probably. I get fired up easily if that's what you mean.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Describe what it feels like when this happens, wolfy.

wolfy

awsm
Describe what it feels like when this happens, wolfy.

OK, here is an example. Yesterday I was sitting there having a hamburger when I got this sudden fight or flight response. Like my body is on full alert and my muscles tense ready for a fight. There was no need, I'm just sitting there having a burger. You can't tell for the most part. Although sometimes you can see it on my face. The only person who has ever pointed out to me is my son. He saw the tension in my face. It's interesting because others see me as being very relaxed. It doesn't happen that often maybe once a day sometimes more.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, that's totally happened to me. I mean, I asked for no onions on my burger. NO ONIONSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!1 :steam::steam:

nanook

a scream in a vortex
look into cortisol. its like longterm-adrenalin. if cortisol is already high, then small amounts of adrenalin are unpleasant.
it's also one of the symptoms of allergy, btw. food allergy? gluten issue?

wolfy

awsm
look into cortisol. its like longterm-adrenalin. if cortisol is already high, then small amounts of adrenalin are unpleasant.
it's also one of the symptoms of allergy, btw. food allergy? gluten issue?

I have no allergy that I'm aware of. I'll look into cortisol. Thanks.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i have all the food allergies and most of them have no symptoms but a histamin shock and cortisol raise, sometimes cold sweat, and a specific sensation of speed and disorientation in the brain (stresslike dizzyness). also a tiredness, that emerges quite a while later. i guess people associate allergy with swelling of mouth and throat, or rush or wet nose but only a few very bad and specific allergies have such symptoms (it's totally individual).