User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Epinephrine

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

hey wolfy, i used to have panic attacks that had some similarities to what you're talking about, they had a real intense and overwhelming fight or flight response. it doesn't sound like you have any panic or anxiety that goes along with it, but the sudden increase of adrenaline that comes out of nowhere is the same.

how much of a problem is it for you? i mean, is it especially disruptive?
    what is your thought process like when it's happening? is it hard to think straight, or can you still operate pretty clearly and normally? i am just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    hey wolfy, i used to have panic attacks that had some similarities to what you're talking about, they had a real intense and overwhelming fight or flight response. it doesn't sound like you have any panic or anxiety that goes along with it, but the sudden increase of adrenaline that comes out of nowhere is the same.

how much of a problem is it for you? i mean, is it especially disruptive?
    what is your thought process like when it's happening? is it hard to think straight, or can you still operate pretty clearly and normally? i am just curious.
    I don't have any panic or anxiety. I do feel very aggressive though. It's not really a problem though, it's not like I act on any impulse and there is nothing in my environment as a cause. I suppose it is hard to think straight but it is very short so really causes no problem.

About the thought process, I think I hyper focus on my surrounding environment. Looking around, I often can't focus on what is front of me and have to take everything in at once. Because I've noticed that it happens at the gym when I'm working I'm wondering how much is an environmental trigger.

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'm gonna feel like a real friggin idiot if no one says yeah...
    Stop smoking meth!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

OK, here is an example. Yesterday I was sitting there having a hamburger when I got this sudden fight or flight response. Like my body is on full alert and my muscles tense ready for a fight. There was no need, I'm just sitting there having a burger. You can't tell for the most part. Although sometimes you can see it on my face. The only person who has ever pointed out to me is my son. He saw the tension in my face. It's interesting because others see me as being very relaxed. It doesn't happen that often maybe once a day sometimes more.
    you gonna die

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

About the thought process, I think I hyper focus on my surrounding environment. Looking around, I often can't focus on what is front of me and have to take everything in at once. Because I've noticed that it happens at the gym when I'm working I'm wondering how much is an environmental trigger.
    when i had panic attacks i became completely unaware of the enviroment, i couldn't recognize people around me or really tell where i was.

anyway, it seems like there could be something about being at the gym that triggers it. i am not sure what exactly, maybe you are even feeding off the adrenaline of other people? like you are aware of the amount of adrenaline around you and pick up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    when i had panic attacks i became completely unaware of the enviroment, i couldn't recognize people around me or really tell where i was.

anyway, it seems like there could be something about being at the gym that triggers it. i am not sure what exactly, maybe you are even feeding off the adrenaline of other people? like you are aware of the amount of adrenaline around you and pick up on it.
    Yeah, I just read up on panic attacks a little. Nothing like that. Sounds very intense. I do think it is something in my environment that triggers it. Maybe something to do with the feeling I need to be aware of everything at the same time. I agree with your point about the gym.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Steroid use? (gotta ask!)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yeah, I just read up on panic attacks a little. Nothing like that. Sounds very intense. I do think it is something in my environment that triggers it. Maybe something to do with the feeling I need to be aware of everything at the same time. I agree with your point about the gym.
    Oh, panic attacks come in a lot of shapes and forms. Doesn't necessarily have to be as intense as Kingfisher or websites describe. (Although they can be.)

MBTI
    XXFP

Dude, that wasn't a normal burger...

Oh, and no on the random adrenaline. While exercising, yes.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

If that happened to me I would suspect some sort of predator lurking in the bushes which my primal instincts have become aware of, but that's just a tad far fetched...
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations