User Tag List

First 123

Thread: ESFP & ISTP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Once I get used to someone, they tend to "fade into the background" after a while. Not to the extent of this situation, but I could see an INTP or INTJ acting like him. Not to be bias, but the latter seems more probable. INTPs, as I know, are usually giddy when relationships are new and fresh. Weak Fe spatters everywhere. INTJs are far less affectionate.
    Very interesting. I once thought he was an INTP too. I think I gave him a test and he came out ISTP. But we all know that tests can't always be reliable.

So, if he was INTP. and she was ESxP. Still doomed for failure?

UPDATE: They still are having the exact same problems as before. Still together. Still unemotional. Still being a dumbass.

My opinion is that they are still, for whatever reason, in that 'lust' part of the relationship. Anytime they are together in public, he has to make some sexual joke to everyone about their sex life, or slap her ass or pretty much, treat her like a peice of meat. And of course, she all ga-ga over it ( and doesnt mind it one bit!

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

How long have they been going out?

I don't think type has this much to do with it. I've been with in a relationship with people who demand more quality time than I'm comfortable with, but I cared enough to compromise. He honestly sounds like an arse, regardless of type. If she's unhappy, she should leave. ESP types from what I've gathered are resilient when it comes to relationships. She'll find someone new.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Hmm.. about 8 months, but she has had a crush on him forever (Years, years, years). She is unhappy, but she's "IN LOVEEEE" with him and she loves how he makes her feel when he HOLDS HER () . She is in denial that this is a bad relationship. I dont know how to explain to her that she's basically wasting time. And you're right, ESPs are very resilient. She's been through a lot of relationships and when it's over, it's over. She can get over people very easily.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

It just sounds like he's young, immature and not engaged in ISTP activity. An ISTP who is constantly negative is not a healthy ISTP...their energy is not being properly channeled to work that involves lots of physically-engaged problem solving.

An unengaged ISTP will create problems so they can then have something to fix.

Sound like he needs to find another career so he can channel his energies properly.

She may intuit this and may be waiting for that to happen, but much depends on how self-aware, or lucky, he is. Many ISTPs are crushed by our passive educational system and are clueless why they are so bored and cruel.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It sounds like this ISTP knows how to live with the whole "who cares" attitude which is my kind of life!