User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

No, birthdays aren't a big deal to me. I have four kids though, why would mine even matter anymore?

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Ooo yes. My ISTP friend has a thing about being invited to stuff and takes it REALLY personally if she is not invited. Also takes it personally if *I* am not invited to stuff (protective in this way). Seems to be highly offensive... like moreso than to me even. And, I like being invited. Ha.
    I use to get offended when I was a kid when my friends didn't call me when they hung out but I'm over that now.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    My dad takes the concept of the birthday being a personal holiday quite seriously. He makes sure his schedule is clear from the day before till the day after and disappears from society for those three days.

Last year I didn't realize it was my birthday until a relative called me.
    I do kind of hope that I die on my birthday.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    Last year I didn't realize it was my birthday until a relative called me.
    i have forgotten some of my birthdays too. one of my birthdays fell in the middle of a cross-country hike, and i didn't realize it for weeks.

I do kind of hope that I die on my birthday.
    how about dying the day before your birthday? then people are especially sad; "he almost made it to his birthday! awww..."
    i think it's kind of silly, but whatever, more tears at the funeral right?
    haha.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My ISTP forgets about his birthday, and finds all holidays do be inherently stupid/frivolous.

He kind of remembers my birthday, and kind of remembers my cycle, almost obsessively so.

But, yeah, the only gift he ever wants is to have me.

Sounds corny and overly simplistic, but it's true.

I have found ways to con him into celebrating Valentine's day with me.

I'll either tell him we should go celebrate it because it is ludicrous and we're the last couple you'd think would ever celebrate it, or I kinda get us out of the house by evening time and he ends up suggesting that we eat out.

But there are no Valentine's gifts or birthday gifts.

He does *do* a lot of stuff for me.

Sorry, I just realized this post was a rant. :/
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISTP

I think I can be a secret sentimentalist. I do stash all my old birthday cards/letters. When I feel ronery I read them sometimes

For my 18th birthday I threw my first BIG party. I loved the attention at first, but as more people (less aquainted then my best friends) showed up I got all antsy and freaked out. So I ended up drinking A LOT to cope with my nervousness and I didn't remember the night! :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post

how about dying the day before your birthday? then people are especially sad; "he almost made it to his birthday! awww..."
    i think it's kind of silly, but whatever, more tears at the funeral right?
    haha.
    That would be hilarious. I want my funeral to be a comedy show and then a magic show...............*puff of smoke*, oooooooooOoooooOoo. omg, where'd the body go????
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ISTP

I hated birthday parties when I was a kid, and forced my parents to stop having them for me at age 5.

I like my birthday though. I consider it a personal holiday, and have spent every birthday for the last few years in the same way: Skiing. I have mixed feelings on gifts, the free stuff aspect is nice, but I really don't like the attention and making other people buy stuff for me.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    I hated birthday parties when I was a kid, and forced my parents to stop having them for me at age 5.

I like my birthday though. I consider it a personal holiday, and have spent every birthday for the last few years in the same way: Skiing. I have mixed feelings on gifts, the free stuff aspect is nice, but I really don't like the attention and making other people buy stuff for me.
    Hahahaa, this sounds so familiar!

My ISTP got me skis and taught me how to ski and moved to Colorado so he could ski almost year round.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles