First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
    I need alone time on my birthday, maybe some family. No parties...hate them.

And presents are not required...I hate when people give me expensive gifts.
    My dad takes the concept of the birthday being a personal holiday quite seriously. He makes sure his schedule is clear from the day before till the day after and disappears from society for those three days.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned

I keep birthday cards too...lol I feel bad throwing them away.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

This happens every birthday:
    Me: Oh man, it's my birthday, guess I should do something... how about hang out with someone? Yeah, let's do that.
    *I do*
    People: Oh man that was awesome, Oh Wait, it's your birthday! I totally forgot!
    Me: Nah, it's OK
    Then I go and open letters and fish for the money, leaving the cards which I may or may not read.

The good thing about my birthday is that it's in the summer so I don't have to sit around people I generally hate and have each one sing "Happy Birthday" to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    This thread made me laugh. It's like a silly thing that people can't comprehend sometimes about us. I have a love hate relationship with "attention." I think I want it, then when I get it, I get all flustered and uncomfortable and wish I could have just remained under the radar. So I don't really want it... or do I? And then I just shrug and say, "Eh... I'll just go with whatever." And yeah, Poki, phone calls are the worst. I always stare at my phone when some random acquaintance or distant relative calls for a few minutes (.... till the last ring *Ahem*) so I can have an internal battle over whether or not I should pick up. God. I wish I could pick and choose which people remembered my birthday. Cuz sure I want it to be remembered... but awkward conversations are taxing.

I was actually in the E.R. on my birthday for appendicitis. Kinda sucked, I guess, but it was almost a blessing in disguise... haha.... The little comments I got on Facebook were perfect. Just write on my wall, and let me do a group "Thanks, everyone!" so I can be done with it. :P It was honestly just right (as weird as it sounds) cuz I was supposed to go see my boyfriend in NYC and instead he came to see me in the hospital. Minus the sappy part, I was glad to be around him, my sis, my mom (who also came to visit) and my closest friends. That's good enough for me
    This sounds exactly like my ISTP BFF. It is hard to know what to do cause it's like... she downplays wanting to be celebrated so much that sometimes I'm like... does she not want it at all? That cannot be so! I don't want to make her uncomfortable...

Her bday is in a month. I think I'm going to send her a Cheesecake. Hahaha.

MBTI
    TiSe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuwanatom View Post
    and the Se-part of me tells me any day can be a "birthday"!!!
    I totally feel the same, and it's not just birthday too. I feel that for any kind of festivals or holidays.
    Check out my blog: http://OrnateRitual.com

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    This sounds exactly like my ISTP BFF. It is hard to know what to do cause it's like... she downplays wanting to be celebrated so much that sometimes I'm like... does she not want it at all? That cannot be so! I don't want to make her uncomfortable...

As Poki said, we like food! Mmm... cheesecake...
    Oh... and don't worry. We might get all embarassed, but it still means a lot coming from close friends
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

Ya, I get more excited for other people's birthdays than my own. The Facebook wall posts satisfy me enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    (i know an older ISTP man that pretends not to care about this sort of thing, but i know for a fact he keeps the birthday cards we give him!)

ISTPs - secret sentimentalists?
    (you guys will probably hate me for this post)
    No hate! I keep cards like that too No one really gives out birthday cards anymore, tho

Quote Originally Posted by Coeur View Post
    My ISTP friend organized his 18th birthday celebration last minute [on the day]. As a result, very few people were able to come. I was his only non-family member there. I know that he appreciated it deep down, even if he didn't say anything.
    True! You'd be amazed at what just an invitation to an event might mean to an ISTP, as well.

At most I'd plan a week ahead of time. If I plan any sooner, I feel like I have to deliver more during the party and make it a great time for everyone... D:

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    As Poki said, we like food! Mmm... cheesecake...
    Oh... and don't worry. We might get all embarassed, but it still means a lot coming from close friends
    Food is DEFINITELY the way to go!!!! Quite honestly, that's the way to my heart...y'know, if I had one
    It's best food when it's from a good friend too.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

You'd be amazed at what just an invitation to an event might mean to an ISTP, as well.
    Ooo yes. My ISTP friend has a thing about being invited to stuff and takes it REALLY personally if she is not invited. Also takes it personally if *I* am not invited to stuff (protective in this way). Seems to be highly offensive... like moreso than to me even. And, I like being invited. Ha.

MBTI
    ISTP

Ooo yes. My ISTP friend has a thing about being invited to stuff and takes it REALLY personally if she is not invited. Also takes it personally if *I* am not invited to stuff (protective in this way). Seems to be highly offensive... like moreso than to me even. And, I like being invited. Ha.
    My thing is that I HATE inviting myself to stuff. I feel so weird doing that. I mean, there's a reason they didn't invite me, right? They don't want me there! Duh! Obviously that's the only possible conclusion ever :P
    Even if that's not the reason...I'd like to make up my own mind about going, thank you very much!

Oh, and given the level of friendship... If I'm invited to something, a couple other people might be auto-invited (like my ESTP bff).
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%