User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Haha. I'm actually seeing an ISFP girl right now.

Is it when:

- They randomly get in touch at any given opportunity
    - Pick up on what makes you happy, and carry these out spontaneously
    - Encourage you to be independent; saying things like, "Enjoy your day, make some friends", or persuading you to go to that social event instead of staying in to talk to them
    - Playful teasing
    - Compromising some of their own time for quality time with you

?

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post

Is it when:

- Encourage you to be independent; saying things like, "Enjoy your day, make some friends", or persuading you to go to that social event instead of staying in to talk to them
    - Playful teasing

?
    8:58 PM #1 (permalink)
    Grungemouse

Type: INTP
    Grungemouse is unique just like everyone else

Default How to ask an ISFJ out?
    First of all, my name's Emma and I'm 17. I'm aware this should be in my intro, but I'm rather desperate you see. Desperate for your feedback, that is. I'm 'heteroflexible', meaning that I haven't got the balls to admit to being bisexual. =P Hah.

Right, so here's the pickle I'm in. So I moved county last year, and I've just come to terms that one of my best friends from my old hometown likes me alot. Now being her, she obviously didn't make this apparant; in fact I had to solve that puzzle on my own. Whether that's an ISFJ trait or not, I dunno. Anyway, I've done some thinking over the past few weeks and I want to go out with her. Thing is, neither of us are brave enough to initiate anything. I met up with her the other day and nothing happened because of this. And it's not like she makes it easy for me. Every opportunity is ruined because she can't stand being in the same room as me. Nerves, perhaps?

So how does one go about trying to land an ISFJ? Would a female INTP and ISFJ even work? What about the long-distance? Recuring questions ftw?

Any help is appreciated

So how did this go? seems you doing Ok now?

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Oh, no! That was another relationship altogether. We broke up agggges ago.

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Default ISFP

Oh, no! That was another relationship altogether. We broke up agggges ago.
    OK but how do I make sure I don't misraed my ISFP as to whether she likes me or not? She's quiet, in charge of others now and looks after her parents. She lives in my old city but I live 2 hours flight away for the past 4 years. See her at least 6 times or more a year.

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Regarding the girl I was talking about, I get this weird almost maternal feeling, a deep desire to both touch and hold her, she soooooo much needs a hug!!! (Though, she may not know she wants and needs it).
    Last edited by Kambro; 10-05-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: acknowledge similar post under intj

Is it when:

- Playful teasing

?
    That'd be it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

A bit surprised in seeing a ISFP/INTx affinity. I thought us two were not supposed to be compatible. As a pair it is said we are an Enigma to each other. All our cognitive functions are different from each other (Fi, Se, Ni, Te). Its as if looking for the ISFP behind the curtain and not seeing anything except what they want you to imagine. At the same its curious for the INTP that this same person is also a Introvert and a Perceiver which helps us get along.

Maybe its the mystery that intrigues us INTs. That there are people so very different than us in many ways who we nevertheless can have a lot of fun hanging out together.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFP

Is it when:

- Playful teasing

?
    Definitely agree with this. My ISFP also loves to give hugs and be very close.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    A bit surprised in seeing a ISFP/INTx affinity. I thought us two were not supposed to be compatible. As a pair it is said we are an Enigma to each other. All our cognitive functions are different from each other (Fi, Se, Ni, Te). Its as if looking for the ISFP behind the curtain and not seeing anything except what they want you to imagine. At the same its curious for the INTP that this same person is also a Introvert and a Perceiver which helps us get along.

Maybe its the mystery that intrigues us INTs. That there are people so very different than us in many ways who we nevertheless can have a lot of fun hanging out together.
    She isn't the archetypal ISFP. In fact I recall everyone in a topic pinning her down as ISTP. She's overtly confident and assertive, and claims to rarely takes criticism personally if it makes sense. I wouldn't peg her as shy. Plus, she even likes routine, which strikes against what is considered an SP trait. But I'm digressing from the point of your post.

In terms of Typological functions, yeah, we couldn't be more different from one another. But as I said, she isn't typical of her type. But our relationship has more to it than that. In terms of values and behaviour, we're similar; our need for space, our interests, our sense of humour, and overall communication. Neither of us are romantic. We also have a similar "Need of Affiliation", so we don't feel the need to see eachother for days, but we keep in touch via IM conversations. Which last for hours. Don't underestimate the power of Ne/Fe helping to decipher the behaviour and mannerisms of people, and adapt to them. Honestly, she isn't that much of an enigma at all; her mentality is geared towards the short-term; the here-and-now. What's not to get? I suppose that's the fundamental difference between us. I like to analyse what's infront of me, whilst she simply observes it and moves on.

Our relationship is a new thing (We started dating in October), so perhaps the differences in type will emerge later on. But in some ways, the INTP/ISFP has potential. INTPs like to keep their external life simple, and the ISFP values beauty in the simple things. Both types are low maintenence. Long-term potential is up to the couple in question, rather than a series of functions. Basing how well a relationship will fair based on Type alone assumes that I have no intention of flexing for my partner, and that I will just act in the stereotypical manner of an INTP.

---

Speaking of which, it's her birthday coming up soon, so I ordered a basket of cookies, brownies and mini muffins to be delivered to her door. She loves puns, so I had the message on the card say, "A year closer to meeting your baker." Not meaning to contradict myself and stereotype, but what more could an ISFP want?
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Jeffster & Edgar are cracking me up!!

She isn't the archetypal ISFP. In fact I recall everyone in a topic pinning her down as ISTP. She's overtly confident and assertive, and claims to rarely takes criticism personally if it makes sense. I wouldn't peg her as shy. Plus, she even likes routine, which strikes against what is considered an SP trait. But I'm digressing from the point of your post.

In terms of Typological functions, yeah, we couldn't be more different from one another. But as I said, she isn't typical of her type. But our relationship has more to it than that. In terms of values and behaviour, we're similar; our need for space, our interests, our sense of humour, and overall communication. Neither of us are romantic. We also have a similar "Need of Affiliation", so we don't feel the need to see eachother for days, but we keep in touch via IM conversations. Which last for hours. Don't underestimate the power of Ne/Fe helping to decipher the behaviour and mannerisms of people, and adapt to them. Honestly, she isn't that much of an enigma at all; her mentality is geared towards the short-term; the here-and-now. What's not to get? I suppose that's the fundamental difference between us. I like to analyse what's infront of me, whilst she simply observes it and moves on.

Our relationship is a new thing (We started dating in October), so perhaps the differences in type will emerge later on. But in some ways, the INTP/ISFP has potential. INTPs like to keep their external life simple, and the ISFP values beauty in the simple things. Both types are low maintenence. Long-term potential is up to the couple in question, rather than a series of functions. Basing how well a relationship will fair based on Type alone assumes that I have no intention of flexing for my partner, and that I will just act in the stereotypical manner of an INTP.
    I think ISFP's and INTP's could have a great relationship together. I consider myself a woman of taste, in music, movies, books, etc., and often highly value the taste of the INTP's I've met as well. Plus all the INTP's I've met have had a killer wit and sense of humor, which I equally appreciate. I'm overall attracted to the INTP personality.

I wonder why so many think ISFP's lack confidence or assertiveness. I think with age and maturity, a lot of ISFP's definitely learn to stand their ground much more. I got a promotion very quickly at a new job once because of my assertiveness. And I guarantee you, not a single one of my close friends or roommates would ever tell you that I do not stand my ground or have a lack of assertiveness when it comes to things that I feel are worth standing my ground for.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green