User Tag List

First 23456 Last

One of my best friends is an ESTP. She is very blunt and straightforward and doesn't care what anyone thinks of her. She knows she comes off as a bitch and and she says it out loud she says 'I'm a bitch. If someone has a problem with that, they don't have to hang around me.' She's really sweet to me though, but still blunt. I think she is particular about the people she is a bitch too... because I've seen her act as sweet as she is with me with others as well. Though she is a total bitch to children, she hates them. I think they are creepy too, most of them. So, she is a bitch with a soft sweet caramel center, sprinkled with thumbtacks... and I love her for all of it.

So no, I don't think she is evil.
    This will hurt.

loves her enfj boyfriend

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I admire how buoyant ESTP's seem to be. Do they ever get depressed? What does that look like?
    I broke a nail the other day. Tragic. Went out and bought a pair of knee high plum-colored spike heeled boots to recover.

(That's kinda what it looks like.)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    They just seem always very upbeat, which is nice and rather infuriating.
    Thank you...and, er...sorry about that!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like them, right up until they stab me in the back
    Seriously though, I'm sure the ones with morals are cool.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by tinycatsinmyhair View Post
    One of my best friends is an ESTP. She is very blunt and straightforward and doesn't care what anyone thinks of her. She knows she comes off as a bitch and and she says it out loud she says 'I'm a bitch. If someone has a problem with that, they don't have to hang around me.' She's really sweet to me though, but still blunt. I think she is particular about the people she is a bitch too... because I've seen her act as sweet as she is with me with others as well. Though she is a total bitch to children,[/B] she hates them. I think they are creepy too, most of them. So, she is a bitch with a soft sweet caramel center, sprinkled with thumbtacks... and I love her for all of it.

So no, I don't think she is evil.
    I think my mom was ESTP so the whole children thing explains a lot!

I asked her once why she didn't respect her children and she quipped, "Because you damn fools let me beat you . . . my dad never caught me!"

She offended every single one of my friends and their parents growing up because she was prone to speak her mind without thinking first.

But her true friends admired that what you saw was what you got.

She valued honesty above all else, though she wasn't above stealing pens from work.

She could walk down a train or through an airport and come back 20 minutes later with at least 5 interesting stories about people.

She was earthy and sensual and was usually the life of the party once you had a few drinks in her.

She was definitely someone who had your back in a fight and could get the hard things done in a flash! She never backed down and only respected the people who fought back.

She loved money and expensive things, but she was always proud of a bargain.

At 75 she didn't look a day over 60 and didn't like hanging around people her own age. "My god, these people are all waiting around to die! No thank you!"

She was known to drive her car really fast over speed bumps.

She scared small children and rescued abandoned puppies . . . so yeah, she was hard and bitchy on the outside with a soft gooey center . . . and those who saw it LOVED her for it!

She saw herself as Auntie Maime . . . "Life is just a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

She wasn't afraid to tell the doctor, "Look, it isn't over, until I say it's over!"

She never complained about the pain of her cancer, she was more interested in what people were doing. She was a fighter until the very end.
    It took me a long time to value her.

I miss her.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    ESTP women are extremely aggressive. well it is not natural for a girl to be aggressive and dominant. Others are not used to it. i think this is why they appear to be bitchy and evil.

the issue with ESTPs are they don't see the depth of an issue. their first reaction to anything is strike strike strike.

That is Se not entirely ESTP. other Se dominant types have it too. but not as aggressively developed as in ESTPs.

Se is action. not think things through.

They argue and fight at every small issue in the same way.

meaning they fight the same way a cornered tiger would at every argument.

Big or small they strike you the same way a cornered tiger would.
    I worked with an ESTP woman on a couple of occasions. She is very intelligent. At first, I thought she was crazy. All over the place, focused on unimportant details, reactive in general and could definitely respond like the "cornered tiger". As time progressed however, I grew to have a much greater appreciation for her. She is just very different than I am. I like her a lot and have a good deal of respect for her.

Another thought on ESTP women . . . nothing escapes their notice, they make really good spies or CIA operatives.

They also can get ANY information out of just about ANYONE . . . except possibly an unusually stubborn ISTP.

Hi, SPs. Sorry that this is my first post in your sub-forum.

There is a woman in my professional life that I clash with very very badly (she has irrationally hated me from the word go) and I suspect she is ESTP. This particular profile of ESTP isn't very flattering, but its describes my enemy:
    Gamesmanship is the calling card of the ESTP. Persons of this type have a natural drive to best the competition. Some of the most successful salespersons are ESTPs. P.T. Barnum ("Never give a sucker an even break") illustrates the unscrupulous contingent of this type.

Almost unconsciously the ESTP looks for nonverbal, nearly subliminal cues as to what makes her quarry "tick." Once she knows, she waits for just the right time to trump the unsuspecting victim's ace and glory in her conquest. Oddly enough, the ESTP seems to admire and respect anyone who can beat her at her own game.
    this dovetails with the following comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Another thought on ESTP women . . . nothing escapes their notice, they make really good spies or CIA operatives.

They also can get ANY information out of just about ANYONE . . . except possibly an unusually stubborn ISTP.
    The suspected ESTP adores "Big Brother" type shows where contestants use information shared with one another to sabotage each other and get others expelled. She has said on more than one occasion that she believes everyone should watch it to gain life skills. She also tries to play this game in the workspace.

I'm new to typing people, but I felt like it might help me understand her better. At this point, I don't think it can help us get along, because her behavior makes it clear thats impossible. Naturally, I won't hold it against ESTPs as a whole, because I've probably gotten along with other ESTPs in life. Plus, the colleagues I have talked to also believe this person has some serious interpersonal dysfunction.

If anyone has any replies on this I am really interested.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

ESTP women do frequently clash with societal expectations of how a lady should act, yes. They're blunt, free-spirited, fun-loving and not afraid to call a spade a spade, and that's threatening to a lot of people. Those people will retaliate by labeling you a bitch or a whore or some other derogatory term for "someone who doesn't shut up and do everything she's told."

Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, just that women are often held to some unreasonable standards.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Not evil, they just have a hint of sociopathy.