• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP are libraterians? What are your politic views?

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Oh, I thought it might have been about those whose Zodiac sign follows Virgo....

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or maybe SPs are really into balancing scales?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Or into being born from late September to late October.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I used to consider myself something between minarchist libertarian and classical liberal, but then I stopped being so interested in politics.

This is what happens when you grow up in D.C.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I used to consider myself something between minarchist libertarian and classical liberal, but then I stopped being so interested in politics.

This is what happens when you grow up in D.C.

I'm not a libertarian, I believe in a balanced society with certain government regulations.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
95% of the time, SPs don't know what the word libertarian means.

I had to look it up. After I read it I knew the concept, but not the word for it. I have never tried to see where I fit in. Give me a situation and ill give you my take on it and where I stand right now. I never got into trying to categorize myself. Its easier to break through things when you dont bind yourself in.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, many SPs are rather libertarians. It's easy to understand: SPs are cool, libertarianism is cool, so SPs are libertarians.

Simple.;)

but then I stopped being so interested in politics.

Me too, I've been very interested with politics and economy, studied this seriously in the way to understand how and why things in the real world work, but then, I got bored.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The majority of Libertarians I've spoken to have been NJs.

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Me too, I've been very interested with politics and economy, studied this seriously in the way to understand how and why things in the real world work, but then, I got bored.

All I had to do was run for political office. That did it for me.

That and fully realizing I had no desire to run people's lives.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I'm not a libertarian, I believe in a balanced society with certain government regulations.

Well, basically that's what I think (don't most people in the US?), except minarchist libertarian sounds sophisticated to polito-nerds and bureaucrats. Which is most of D.C., ...well, aside from everyone else who elects crack-addicts to be mayor - twice.

I associate classical liberalism more with economics and minarchist libertarianism with everything else.

Economics was the best class I took in college (along with business law).

Then I dropped out of college :whistling:

It used to be a big interest of mine, and I still care about it, just...not as much.

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Why would you want to do that?

Sort of the intellectual's equivalent of "Here, hold my beer while I try this...".

Actually, I had an initiative I was trying to get on the ballot for our city (to remove the tax on groceries...), and running for mayor was a perfect way for me to get all sorts of free publicity for it. Had I won, I would have served. Luckily, I only got 24% of the vote. :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im really sorry about the spelling mistake on in the title.

"What annoys you about non-SPs?" thread were showing signs of turning into libertarian politics thread.

Thought it would be appropriate to make a new thread.

So you SP's are you a libertarian? How libertarian are you? Sacred of Obama taking over? Are you a non-libertarian? Tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the highest levels of either echelon, Democrat or Republican, there are far fewer differences than similarities. Both parties want to control the expenditure of large amounts of public money in order to award their elitist comrades (chums from Yale Law School) and campaign contributors (oil industry, Rx industry, etc.) with lucrative contracts, all under the guise of serving their people.

The biggest lobbying groups contribute heavily to both platforms during a campaign. The elites of corporate America and high ranking government officials rotate into and out of either realm of employment (think Henry Paulson).

Pardon me for sounding cynical, but I'm pretty sure that if the Libertarians ever came to power they would quickly morph into a group similarly motivated as the two established parties in this country.

I beleive in voting on issues, not parties. I beleive in term limits for the legislative branch. And I think the judicial branch should grow some balls instead of sitting up on high in their black robes pretending they are a real check and balance on the overly powerful executive branch. I also believe in drowning all the lobbyists, in a shallow pond, ffilled with starving pirhanas, and broadcasting it on television while the national anthem is played in the background.

:D

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
At the highest levels of either echelon, Democrat or Republican, there are far fewer differences than similarities. Both parties want to control the expenditure of large amounts of public money in order to award their elitist comrades (chums from Yale Law School) and campaign contributors (oil industry, Rx industry, etc.) with lucrative contracts, all under the guise of serving their people.

The biggest lobbying groups contribute heavily to both platforms during a campaign. The elites of corporate America and high ranking government officials rotate into and out of either realm of employment (think Henry Paulson).

Pardon me for sounding cynical, but I'm pretty sure that if the Libertarians ever came to power they would quickly morph into a group similarly motivated as the two established parties in this country.

I beleive in voting on issues, not parties. I beleive in term limits for the legislative branch. And I think the judicial branch should grow some balls instead of sitting up on high in their black robes pretending they are a real check and balance on the overly powerful executive branch. I also believe in drowning all the lobbyists, in a shallow pond, ffilled with starving pirhanas, and broadcasting it on television while the national anthem is played in the background.

:D

You forgot the starving tigers stalking the edge of the pond, just in case one of them should make it to shore. :)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Sort of the intellectual's equivalent of "Here, hold my beer while I try this...".

Actually, I had an initiative I was trying to get on the ballot for our city (to remove the tax on groceries...), and running for mayor was a perfect way for me to get all sorts of free publicity for it. Had I won, I would have served. Luckily, I only got 24% of the vote. :)

Nice. Did the initiative get to the ballot?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
And I would add that I don't support the Libertarian Party (not a Ron Paul fan, for that matter), I simply hold philosophical beliefs that I think are representative of libertarianism.

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Nice. Did the initiative get to the ballot?

No.

The deadline to turn in the petitions, in terms of number of days from previous election, fell on MLK day. When I asked the City Clerk about it, as well as the City Attorney, I was told that the next day was acceptable.

Well, I turned them in and had easily 50% more valid signatures than required, so of course the city challenged the petitions based on "being turned in past the deadline".

The Maricopa County Superior Court ruled that the final day was the LATEST that it could be turned in, holiday or not. So that the actual final day to turn in, based on when the city clerk would be available, was the Friday before, not the Tuesday after, regardless of the instructions given to me by city officials....who admitted in court they gave me that advice.

Personally, and in speaking with the city attorney after he was fired several years later, I knew it was a ploy to get them tossed. Chalk it up to my political naivete and sense of fair-play.

The city stood to lose some amount of money collected from sales taxes on groceries....the amount varied by how popular the initiative appeared to be getting. When first discussed, it was $3 million, then it was 4, then $6 million that would be taken from the city. The city went so far as to send out a "questionnaire" asking citizens which of the following services would they prefer to see cut when this money was taken, etc.

You know, the typical "babies are going to die because we'll have to fire cops and firemen" bullshit. They were desperate to get it tossed, and found a way to do it.

It was a fucking mess...so much so that I won't ever run again. I've seen the inside of that sausage factory, thanks. Politicians can all die by aspirating on their own vomit, for all I care. The world would be a better place without them.

It was definitely a learning experience, one I do not regret. But I won't be repeating it.

And, NO, I am NOT bitter. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You forgot the starving tigers stalking the edge of the pond, just in case one of them should make it to shore. :)

Damn it! :doh: I always forget that part.
Belt and suspenders.... :yim_rolling_on_the_