Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Question So, how do "we" do it?

Feel free to skip to "The actual Problem" part right away if you want.
    Pre-BlaBla
    Okay, confession. At least it is way easier for me to do here than on any other MBTI forum I am at. Because people from here seem to have a brain. No offense, just a fact. *cough*

So, I was always an INTJ, right. Those were my scores
    Sept 4th: (90|64|75|91)
    June 01st: (71|59|65|82)
    Apr 17th: (89|64|75|91)
    Jan 24th: (71|64|70|82)
    Dec 07th '08: (75|59|65|82)
    Oct 29th '08: (61|64|70|77)[/color]

Good. Now I retook the test yesterday. And I scored as an ESTP. Okay, the percentages were low, but if you compare with my last result, it dropped down a lot:
    ESTP: (50|50|80|55)
    INTJ: (90|64|75|91) <-- 2 weeks before

I dropped 40% on I; 14% on N; raised 5% on T and dropped 46% on the J.
    Now, I am not really making this thread because I am worried about this. I mean I will keep observing how it will develop and all, but there is something else going on that I need help with.

The actual Problem
    Okay, so INTJs are not exactly people who talk about their feelings a lot, we all know it. But I have this ENFP friend who always kinda made me talk about it. She was basically a pain in the ass (greetings to her at this point) about it. It was good and fine and I could handle it.
    BUT since I have been shifting to an ESTP (yes, I actually noticed that I did), I kinda have had troubles with all that. I started to automatically not being interested to share this whole "How are you" stuff anymore (even before I knew I was shifting), because even if I did, there is nothing people could do about whatever condition I am in (or not) anyways. So, okay, I don't want to share "how I am"; but at the same time it gives me stomach-aches. So my question is: How do "we" do it? How do "we" deal with whatever is going on with "us"? Yeah I know, xSTPs do this whole distraction thing, but what exactly do you do?
    I noticed sport is good, but I can't exactly do sports all freakin' day to keep my stomach in order. So what else do you guys do?
    Help out the Noob-ESTP a bit here, will ya?
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    STP

STP is all about having fun. My cousin is an ESTP. He is very socialable, he likes to dance, he plays football, he is really popular with girls, plays games. Its all about having fun. Go out and do whatever you enjoy. Its about living for today and having fun. We both would like to learn some BBoy dancing.

As an ISTP, I like driving around. When I am bored I will hop in my truck, roll down the windows crank up the stereo and just drive. I enjoy pushing myself so I will take turns at the limits of breaking my tires loose, floor it, etc. That is just what I enjoy. I may take my jet ski out if weather and time permit. Its all introverted things that I can do on my own.

Fe and Se are about doing things for others. Watch for what others need. My grandma sat down on the couch and my cousin immediatley offered her the remote. If I notice my mom parked at the bottom of the drive way in the morning because my truck was in the way I will rearrange the cars before I leave so she doesnt have to walk as far. We are very in the moment people and dont always take preventative measures or worry about the tomorrow. We will handle tomorrow when it comes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

It's always those dang ENFPs

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    It's always those dang ENFPs
    You guys(sorry I call everyone you guys, I should really switch to y'all since I live in texas) can get anything out of anyone you want Its that damn Ne that lets you guys throw out things to see what people bite onto and the personality to make people feel comfortable and want to.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    You guys(sorry I call everyone you guys, I should really switch to y'all since I live in texas) can get anything out of anyone you want Its that damn Ne that lets you guys throw out things to see what people bite onto and the personality to make people feel comfortable and want to.
    LOL@the bolded.
    to the rest of the post.

But wait, I will say I don't intentionally throw out things to see what people will bite onto. I just genuinely want to know what it is, or who people are. I just want them to come out with it.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    LOL@the bolded.
    to the rest of the post.

But wait, I will say I don't intentionally throw out things to see what people will bite onto. I just genuinely want to know what it is, or who people are. I just want them to come out with it.
    Ok, I will change it slightly.

Its that damn Ne that lets you guys throw out things and see what people bite onto and the personality to make people feel comfortable and want to.

One word can really change the whole meaning of something. From intentional to observational

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

INTJ ---> ESTP ? Hell of a change. Is it really possible to actually change your personality cos according to research you can't.

Also INTJs can eventually let out their feelings to those who are close to them. But a very hard nut to crack and ENFPs are strongest to break them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    LOL@the bolded.
    to the rest of the post.

haha!! i say you guys and live in tx too how funny...i should switch to yall...hahaha!!

i don't intentionally do that either and don't try to get things out of people...we're just curious.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Mm

To GargoylesLegacy,
    Are you positive that you changed type? To take the test accurately, one must think of the questions over the long term, not the short term. Even if I partied straight for the past two weeks and had fun, it would not make me suddenly an extrovert. It would be unusual behavior in a pattern. I think that you know too much about MBTI and that is influencing your results.

Secondly, your problem doesn't make sense to me. Asking what you should do since you are now a Noob-ESTP is trying to make yourself fit into a categorization. If your question is just how ESTP's deal with feelings, well then I have to let them answer that. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.
    Love wouldn't exist without loneliness to inspire it.

Peach yogurt is made of love. And gnome kidneys. - Domino

I can cope and will cope without polluting my lungs. - Saslou

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Keps Mnemnosyne View Post
    To GargoylesLegacy,
    Are you positive that you changed type? To take the test accurately, one must think of the questions over the long term, not the short term. Even if I partied straight for the past two weeks and had fun, it would not make me suddenly an extrovert. It would be unusual behavior in a pattern. I think that you know too much about MBTI and that is influencing your results.

Secondly, your problem doesn't make sense to me. Asking what you should do since you are now a Noob-ESTP is trying to make yourself fit into a categorization. If your question is just how ESTP's deal with feelings, well then I have to let them answer that. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.
    This was my thought as well. You know those tests are borderline-useless except as an absolute first step for MBTI-noobs, right?

FWIW, you don't seem like a "typical" INTJ or certainly not ESTP to me, but I don't know you very well, and the cultural differences likely play a role.

You are asking more of a human-thing than an ESTP-thing anyway. Being an ESTP won't give you many answers here. I think most people deal with difficult feelings in similar ways: find possible solutions, talk to trusted friends/family, and "self-comforting" like with food or distraction or watching TV or something. mix and match.
    -end of thread-