• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What annoys you about non-SPs?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, I realize this topic could turn into a flamewar type thing if people make it that, but I'm not starting it with the intent to bash anybody. I didn't respond to that topic about "what types do you hate?" because I think it's silly to hate a "type."

But I think I can ask the SP folks here this question and they will just be straightforward about it. Hopefully no one else decides to take it in a unpleasant direction.

Anyway, having read posts on here for about 13-14 months or so now, I think the most frustrating thing to me is that people reply to posts but they don't actually reply to what was said. They make leaps to I guess what in their mind is a progression of thought from the actual stated point, and it's very frustrating to attempt to return to a topic and defend your views when what is being responded to is not even what you said!

I made a whole topic attempting to sort of "illustrate" the SP way of looking at things, and I have posted many times on here the same things, it feels like a broken record but people don't seem to get it still. I say what I mean. What I mean is what I said. I mean, yeah, sometimes I might say something sarcastic, but I try to be pretty obvious about that. But the point is, if I say "I dislike the Angus burgers at McDonald's, they taste like crap" then I don't mean "I support child slavery in Malaysia." So don't respond to my message as if that's what I said! Stop inventing things we could possibly believe in! We really just mean what we said!

Obviously, this happens not just on the internet, but I can use the internet to illustrate it, because it's something everybody here has in common. I guess I could have put this in the "face value" topic, but I felt like making a fresh one.

So, other SPs, feel free to chime in with what causes your frustration or annoyance with those poor, misguided..errrrr...I mean, fine outstanding individuals of the other types. :cheese:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*pouts 'cause she can't participate* :cry:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Sometimes they tend to look down on a Se attitude, they portray it as immature, shallow, not very worthwhile. I suppose I would just prefer if they accepted and used it a bit more, if you're going to spend all your time worrying about the future or the past, you're never going to appreciate anything as it happens.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate non-SPs because we're not as cool as Jeffster.

sunshinebrighter

MBTI Type
IXFP
They are not as fun and spontaneous. They don't seem to be living. They don't stop and smell the flowers. They are not looking at what is going on. They don't really see the beauty of change.

I want a buddy who can ride rollercoasters. What better then a SP?

Jaguar

Sometimes they tend to look down on a Se attitude, they portray it as immature, shallow, not very worthwhile. I suppose I would just prefer if they accepted and used it a bit more, if you're going to spend all your time worrying about the future or the past, you're never going to appreciate anything as it happens.

I must be the only NT who loves his Se.
I plant my nose in the middle of a rose, and get high off nature's fumes.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
IJ types and maybe its just my family but when you ask them a question that is not 100% logical they wil joke, but after the joke past they will keep going on and on with it until irritation. People really want to yell, OK, NOW JUST ANSWER THE STUPID QUESTION and sometimes do. Sorry it happened tonight so it was fresh on my mind.

In this case it was whats the stiffest joint on your body, response was laughter and then referring to a stiff joint that will remain nameless. But he drug it on until the other person was irritated, the joke was long over, and the other person was just frustrated. He never answered the question. I responded jokingly in the same manner as him and then answered.

G

Ginkgo

if I say "I dislike the Angus burgers at McDonald's, they taste like crap" then I don't mean "I support child slavery in Malaysia."

So what you're saying is that you want to burn the rain forest down and rape the orangutans?

I kid, I kid. :newwink:

The only thing I don't like about SPs is that they usually have trouble anticipating future scenarios. They also have trouble thinking abstractly.

Of course, this could be easily rebutted by the fact that they are so much more determined than us NPs. They are also much better dancers.

So, basically my whole argument is void because I'm so neutral and afraid of offending anyone. I'm an INFP. :hug:

EDIT: I did not read the title correctly. I apologize. However, because I don't like insulting people, and neither am I willing to insult each function individually, I will just complement SPs.

SPs are willing to actually go out and do things; and, while pursuing their primary goal, they will often stop to accomplish minor goals. They usually don't even need to plan because they assess each situation in a fluent manner. Furthermore, they are more observant of social cues and many can be charismatic. I like them.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I get high off nature's fumes too. NPs don't really have natural Se though.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But I think I can ask the SP folks here this question and they will just be straightforward about it. Hopefully no one else decides to take it in a unpleasant direction.

Anyway, having read posts on here for about 13-14 months or so now, I think the most frustrating thing to me is that people reply to posts but they don't actually reply to what was said. They make leaps to I guess what in their mind is a progression of thought from the actual stated point, and it's very frustrating to attempt to return to a topic and defend your views when what is being responded to is not even what you said!

I made a whole topic attempting to sort of "illustrate" the SP way of looking at things, and I have posted many times on here the same things, it feels like a broken record but people don't seem to get it still. I say what I mean. What I mean is what I said. I mean, yeah, sometimes I might say something sarcastic, but I try to be pretty obvious about that. But the point is, if I say "I dislike the Angus burgers at McDonald's, they taste like crap" then I don't mean "I support child slavery in Malaysia." So don't respond to my message as if that's what I said! Stop inventing things we could possibly believe in! We really just mean what we said!

This is actually one of the best things I enjoy about an SP's extroverted sensing function, IMO. If they happen to get their pants in a twist at what you said, it's because you actually said and meant it. That saves many useless arguments on what someone believed you meant, when you never agreed to any such notion.

Some observations of the SPs I've known:

ISTPs: Succinct, clear and precise.
ISPs: Enjoy their personal space. Very hands-off, and willing let people do as they please.
ESPs: Action-orientated, daring, flexible and adaptable. Tends to try new things at least once.

SPs: All learn by doing. Rarely have to wait for them to prepare.

*Edit: Jeffster, if you want to keep this thread to SP-repliers only, I'll delete my post. :)

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know if it's an annoyance, because I could honestly give two shits, but I notice how people seem to talk each other in circles about every mundane topic you can think of.

Whether it's the politics forum, the relationships forum, the sex forum, people yap yap yap, and nobody listens to the other about anything and it turns into this huge pissing match about nothing. Everyone gets their panties all bunched up, someone ends up saying "Whatever, I am done with this topic" and then comes back five minutes later, and the cycle repeats itself.

For the most part, the SP's seem to stay away from such things, and just kind of hang out on the sidelines, watching the circus unfold, at least from my experience in the past two years here.

That's mainly why I avoid participating in those types of threads. I read them, sure, they're funny to watch. But there is no way I am getting involved in that happy horseshit. Have fun with your debate, I'll be over here playing ping pong, drinking a milkshake.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

I also love it, although I'm not as good as SPs.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if it's an annoyance, because I could honestly give two shits, but I notice how people seem to talk each other in circles about every mundane topic you can think of.

Whether it's the politics forum, the relationships forum, the sex forum, people yap yap yap, and nobody listens to the other about anything and it turns into this huge pissing match about nothing. Everyone gets their panties all bunched up, someone ends up saying "Whatever, I am done with this topic" and then comes back five minutes later, and the cycle repeats itself.

For the most part, the SP's seem to stay away from such things, and just kind of hang out on the sidelines, watching the circus unfold, at least from my experience in the past two years here.

That's mainly why I avoid participating in those types of threads. I read them, sure, they're funny to watch. But there is no way I am getting involved in that happy horseshit. Have fun with your debate, I'll be over here playing ping pong, drinking a milkshake.
I completely agree, this is why I don't post much and completely avoid the politics and religion forums (mostly). Too frustrating. Some posters are particularly bad for this, it is often the same people over and over again (not naming names).

It's sometimes entertaining to watch, though.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: YES! 100% agreed.

I find it slightly irritating when I want to go out and have fun, and feed my Se (Usually involving alcohol), and a few of my NF and SJ friends (who no longer go out as much or drink for whatever reason) look at me like I'm committing a crime or like I'm a little depressed girl drinking her life away. :mellow: I just want to have fun and enjoy myself sometimes! :doh: I dislike feeling judged.

Edit: I just realized that this, in addition to my avatar, are not helping my cause. Sigh.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I find it slightly irritating when I want to go out and have fun, and feed my Se (Usually involving alcohol), and a few of my NF and SJ friends (who no longer go out as much or drink for whatever reason) look at me like I'm committing a crime or like I'm a little depressed girl drinking her life away. :mellow: I just want to have fun and enjoy myself sometimes! :doh: I dislike feeling judged.

I've gotten to the point where I know that I am not hurting myself or other people with my having fun, so I really don't care what other people think of it. I've got limited time on this giant dustball, so I am going to make the most of it (as long as I am not hurting anyone/myself of course).

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've gotten to the point where I know that I am not hurting myself or other people with my having fun, so I really don't care what other people think of it. I've got limited time on this giant dustball, so I am going to make the most of it (as long as I am not hurting anyone/myself of course).

Amen to that! That's exactly it... I would never do those kinds of things if I was causing harm to myself or anyone else. Also, I would like to add, that if I -were- in a sad/angry/hurt mood, I -do- avoid drinking. The only times I'm up for going out and having fun is when I'm completely happy to do so, and I know it'll be a great way to cut loose

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like Lethe, I'll make a side contribution:

• ISTP: Like INTP, great at seeing through the b.s. but also more apt to get things accomplished. Pragmatic and to-the-point, not veering off track or getting lost in implications like INTP. Will try anything that they can see a way through the middle of, fearless.
  • ISFP: Sweet, genuinely caring, flexible, giving of their time and energy to others, people-inclusive. Dislike conflict and would rather have everyone get along if at all possible. Laughter is pure.
  • ESTP: Effective, adaptable, can spin a situation in the direction best suited to accomplish their goal, likes people to work together, team-player, good at connecting with people to accomplish goals, not scared of conflict, tough-skinned.
  • ESFP: Fun, engaging, alive, brings a spark to everything they do, enthusiastic, glowingly positive (although if they're upset, you hear about it... not necessarily bad), always leaping into the center of things, good performers.