veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default What annoys you about non-SPs?

Okay, I realize this topic could turn into a flamewar type thing if people make it that, but I'm not starting it with the intent to bash anybody. I didn't respond to that topic about "what types do you hate?" because I think it's silly to hate a "type."

But I think I can ask the SP folks here this question and they will just be straightforward about it. Hopefully no one else decides to take it in a unpleasant direction.

Anyway, having read posts on here for about 13-14 months or so now, I think the most frustrating thing to me is that people reply to posts but they don't actually reply to what was said. They make leaps to I guess what in their mind is a progression of thought from the actual stated point, and it's very frustrating to attempt to return to a topic and defend your views when what is being responded to is not even what you said!

I made a whole topic attempting to sort of "illustrate" the SP way of looking at things, and I have posted many times on here the same things, it feels like a broken record but people don't seem to get it still. I say what I mean. What I mean is what I said. I mean, yeah, sometimes I might say something sarcastic, but I try to be pretty obvious about that. But the point is, if I say "I dislike the Angus burgers at McDonald's, they taste like crap" then I don't mean "I support child slavery in Malaysia." So don't respond to my message as if that's what I said! Stop inventing things we could possibly believe in! We really just mean what we said!

Obviously, this happens not just on the internet, but I can use the internet to illustrate it, because it's something everybody here has in common. I guess I could have put this in the "face value" topic, but I felt like making a fresh one.

So, other SPs, feel free to chime in with what causes your frustration or annoyance with those poor, misguided..errrrr...I mean, fine outstanding individuals of the other types.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

*pouts 'cause she can't participate*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

"other" sp's?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Sometimes they tend to look down on a Se attitude, they portray it as immature, shallow, not very worthwhile. I suppose I would just prefer if they accepted and used it a bit more, if you're going to spend all your time worrying about the future or the past, you're never going to appreciate anything as it happens.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I hate non-SPs because we're not as cool as Jeffster.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    *pouts 'cause she can't participate*
    ehhhh,,you can I guess...who am I to deny you?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I hate non-SPs because we're not as cool as Jeffster.
    Excellent point.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    IXFP

They are not as fun and spontaneous. They don't seem to be living. They don't stop and smell the flowers. They are not looking at what is going on. They don't really see the beauty of change.

I want a buddy who can ride rollercoasters. What better then a SP?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Sometimes they tend to look down on a Se attitude, they portray it as immature, shallow, not very worthwhile. I suppose I would just prefer if they accepted and used it a bit more, if you're going to spend all your time worrying about the future or the past, you're never going to appreciate anything as it happens.

I must be the only NT who loves his Se.
    I plant my nose in the middle of a rose, and get high off nature's fumes.
    The future is for the unafraid.

MBTI
    STP

IJ types and maybe its just my family but when you ask them a question that is not 100% logical they wil joke, but after the joke past they will keep going on and on with it until irritation. People really want to yell, OK, NOW JUST ANSWER THE STUPID QUESTION and sometimes do. Sorry it happened tonight so it was fresh on my mind.

In this case it was whats the stiffest joint on your body, response was laughter and then referring to a stiff joint that will remain nameless. But he drug it on until the other person was irritated, the joke was long over, and the other person was just frustrated. He never answered the question. I responded jokingly in the same manner as him and then answered.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    if I say "I dislike the Angus burgers at McDonald's, they taste like crap" then I don't mean "I support child slavery in Malaysia."
    So what you're saying is that you want to burn the rain forest down and rape the orangutans?

I kid, I kid.

The only thing I don't like about SPs is that they usually have trouble anticipating future scenarios. They also have trouble thinking abstractly.

Of course, this could be easily rebutted by the fact that they are so much more determined than us NPs. They are also much better dancers.

So, basically my whole argument is void because I'm so neutral and afraid of offending anyone. I'm an INFP.

EDIT: I did not read the title correctly. I apologize. However, because I don't like insulting people, and neither am I willing to insult each function individually, I will just complement SPs.

SPs are willing to actually go out and do things; and, while pursuing their primary goal, they will often stop to accomplish minor goals. They usually don't even need to plan because they assess each situation in a fluent manner. Furthermore, they are more observant of social cues and many can be charismatic. I like them.