• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What annoys you about non-SPs?

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
It seems like we're the only ones who don't play all these mindgames with people. We just lay the cards on the table. Is that really so hard? I mean, I think society would be so much better if people weren't afraid to just be open about stuff instead of hiding things for the sake of image or whatever.

Ahem... I've seen multiple ESFPs, a few ESTPs and one ISTP play mind games with people, and very skillfully at that. Especially the ESFPs seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I guess that's what Se+Fi need for fun combined with Te+Ni mastermind-ness sometimes does to people.

That said, I've also met lots of SPs who didn't have such inclinations at all. About just as many as NFs, NTs and SJs.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SFPs, yes.

STPs, no.

Good point, maybe. I wonder why this is, though. I don't know many STP's, its hard for me to say.
I know from a personal standpoint, one of my greatest strengths is just saying what I mean almost all the time. (Except being an F I can soften things so it doesn't sound so.. blunt..but still gets the same truthful point across.) I also have very low tolerance for underlying themes and messages, facial expressions that don't match words, etc. It's one of my most noticable and unchanging traits, even as a kid. (I even remember as a teenager, being around all these other hormonal teenage girls, I didn't always feel quite like I was understanding anyone because there is so much drama! I remember just always trying to make everyone feel better and they would just get mad because I didn't get it.) Even if i'm the one not saying what I mean, i'm highly aware as its happening and usually aware of the reasons for me doing so.

My question is, why wouldn't anyone want to be this way?? It's just one of life's great mysteries I guess. As far as the salesperson thing, I think a truthful person is actually a better salesperson, no?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just lack the ability to play mind games. More like manipulation is what I hate.
If you want to challenge my thinking, thats one thing.
But to manipulate me into a situation you want me in is NOT ok.

I don't think so much that we lack the ability, its that we don't see the point in it, because our mission is to get along with people and have fun, and this kind of stuff always seems to get in the way.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I really don't think that being a manipulative a**hole / being an open, honest person is correlated to type. Some people are nice and some people are mean, it's as easy as that, and sorting them by types will really get us nowhere.

shortnsweet said:
I don't think so much that we lack the ability, its that we don't see the point in it, because our mission is to get along with people and have fun, and this kind of stuff always seems to get in the way.

Perhaps you would be surprised, but a lot of ESFPs I know seem to think that playing mind games with people is a lot of fun, and that's the point they see in it.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Lol, I just meant I lack the ability to play mind games. I don't have the patience to sit and pick at someone's head in that way.
Plus your right, doing stuff like that can just ruin the fun and chillness in whats going on for me. So I prefer not to. I'd rather play at the beach or go to the amusement park with people :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol, I just meant I lack the ability to play mind games. I don't have the patience to sit and pick at someone's head in that way.
Plus your right, doing stuff like that can just ruin the fun and chillness in whats going on for me. So I prefer not to. I'd rather play at the beach or go to the amusement park with people :)

Exactly! :party2:

Which brings us to the next point. The lack of ability of non SP's to appreciate the amusement park and the beach like we do :)

Or like when you call a non-SP up on the phone and say, "hey, lets go play frisbee in the park!" they may say, "no man, I gotta do the dishes", or something that doesn't make sense. Where as if you call up an SP they are most likely to say "yea, sure! i'll bring along three friends!"

Oh, and Space Oddity, i've seen this in esfp's too, moreso than other sp's. I still think that sp's are much less likely to engage in this kind of stuff, though.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes! We all spend the majority of our lives working, so lets go play :D
When I don't go out and just have fun with people, I become deeply depressed. Thats why I need to go out and be with people in a fun way. But then back off because I need my space ;)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really don't think that being a manipulative a**hole / being an open, honest person is correlated to type. Some people are nice and some people are mean, it's as easy as that, and sorting them by types will really get us nowhere.

Perhaps you would be surprised, but a lot of ESFPs I know seem to think that playing mind games with people is a lot of fun, and that's the point they see in it.

I know I like to play mind games for fun. I still dont like to use it to manipulate. The only people I really care to associate with I dont have a desire to manipulate. I may if I was more social, but I am not so I dont have a target audience to see if I can get away with it other then stupid crap like convincing someone to get out of the car and then backing out of the driveway.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ahem... I've seen multiple ESFPs, a few ESTPs and one ISTP play mind games with people, and very skillfully at that. Especially the ESFPs seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I guess that's what Se+Fi need for fun combined with Te+Ni mastermind-ness sometimes does to people.

That said, I've also met lots of SPs who didn't have such inclinations at all. About just as many as NFs, NTs and SJs.

hmm, the ISTP's I've known that play a mind game seems to depend on the context.

Messing with someone for the goal of some spirited fun.
Or an exacting revenge.

Can't think of any other scenarios off the top of my head.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think some of you guys misunderstand what I mean by mind games. I'm not talking about messing with somebody for fun, I'm talking about intentionally..ugh, I don't know how to put it. It's like people hold grudges, people do things a certain way because they're "supposed" to and I would tell him but I'm worried about hurting his feelings or I can't just come out and tell her this, I have to give hints about stuff, or I'm going to basically troll you or bait you into something because it's better to be dishonest because I don't have to reveal as much of myself and be open. That kind of stuff.

Sorry I suck at explaining these types of things.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think some of you guys misunderstand what I mean by mind games. I'm not talking about messing with somebody for fun, I'm talking about intentionally..ugh, I don't know how to put it. It's like people hold grudges, people do things a certain way because they're "supposed" to and I would tell him but I'm worried about hurting his feelings or I can't just come out and tell her this, I have to give hints about stuff, or I'm going to basically troll you or bait you into something because it's better to be dishonest because I don't have to reveal as much of myself and be open. That kind of stuff.

I dont like to hurt peoples feelings so I may stay quiet. But trolling, baiting someone into something, or holding grudges because of it I do not do. If something ever becomes a problem that I need to get out I am very blunt and to the point. Doesnt happen much though.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
When SJ's get involved in my buisness and try to formulate a contingency plan for every single little detail, even if i am fully capable of finishing it on my own.

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
When SJ's get involved in my buisness and try to formulate a contingency plan for every single little detail, even if i am fully capable of finishing it on my own.

boohoo cry me a river, someone needs to hold your hand.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so

I guess I know what you mean, and you probably think that NFs are those who are most guilty of it (well, NTs do it too if I think about it), but I have to correct you about one thing: I'm pretty sure that in most cases it's NOT done intentionally. I think that people just sometimes don't have the guts to be blunt with others and perhaps potentionally hurt their feelings because they don't won't to cause any discomfort, but in the end it comes across as being dishonest when it was actually often done either with good intention or no intention whatsoever. Often it's just a desperate effort to avoid conflict.

I confess I have been guilty of something like that in past, I'm not proud of it and I understand why other people find it annoying, but on the other hand I've really never done it intentionally. It was mostly unconscious, and therefore I guess that thinking there is an ill intent behind such behaviour is often a misinterpretation.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I guess I know what you mean, and you probably think that NFs are those who are most guilty of it (well, NTs do it too if I think about it)
Actually, I think NTs are the least likely to beat around the bush of any of the temperaments. We SPs do our fair share of avoiding confrontation or a hassle.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Actually, I think NTs are the least likely to beat around the bush of any of the temperaments. We SPs do our fair share of avoiding confrontation or a hassle.

Well, theoretically I would agree, but I've seen an ENTJ and an INTP (and to a lesser degree, an ENTP) avoiding confrontation like a plague. Perhaps this is more of an individual trait after all.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I must be the only NT who loves his Se.
I plant my nose in the middle of a rose, and get high off nature's fumes.
No, you're not!
I wish I could use it more...

I cook an elaborate meal, all the time imagining the nice taste it would be and enjoying myself. I'm looking forward to the eating.
But when I'm eating, the food doesn't interest me any more... and I look forward to when the meal is finished.

I'm at a festival listening to the music and looking at the artists, all the way longing for it to finish such that I can use all those impressions in my stories.

I'm writing and longing for the story to be finished such that I can start a new one, because I've got ideas for a new one.

I'm always looking forward to something and when the something arrives, I can't enjoy it and I'm looking forward to something else.

SeTamske, where are you?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No, you're not!
I wish I could use it more...

I cook an elaborate meal, all the time imagining the nice taste it would be and enjoying myself. I'm looking forward to the eating.
But when I'm eating, the food doesn't interest me any more... and I look forward to when the meal is finished.

I'm at a festival listening to the music and looking at the artists, all the way longing for it to finish such that I can use all those impressions in my stories.

I'm writing and longing for the story to be finished such that I can start a new one, because I've got ideas for a new one.

I'm always looking forward to something and when the something arrives, I can't enjoy it and I'm looking forward to something else.

SeTamske, where are you?

Really?? I can't identify with any of this. I note ideas to use later, but that doesn't affect my ability to enjoy the moment. I love music and the sun on my face and a delicious meal.

But I like an experience more if it gives me an idea, and nearly all of them do. Except for chores, which I hate. I don't like repetition.