User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    It seems like we're the only ones who don't play all these mindgames with people. We just lay the cards on the table. Is that really so hard? I mean, I think society would be so much better if people weren't afraid to just be open about stuff instead of hiding things for the sake of image or whatever.
    Ahem... I've seen multiple ESFPs, a few ESTPs and one ISTP play mind games with people, and very skillfully at that. Especially the ESFPs seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I guess that's what Se+Fi need for fun combined with Te+Ni mastermind-ness sometimes does to people.

That said, I've also met lots of SPs who didn't have such inclinations at all. About just as many as NFs, NTs and SJs.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    SFPs, yes.

STPs, no.
    Good point, maybe. I wonder why this is, though. I don't know many STP's, its hard for me to say.
    I know from a personal standpoint, one of my greatest strengths is just saying what I mean almost all the time. (Except being an F I can soften things so it doesn't sound so.. blunt..but still gets the same truthful point across.) I also have very low tolerance for underlying themes and messages, facial expressions that don't match words, etc. It's one of my most noticable and unchanging traits, even as a kid. (I even remember as a teenager, being around all these other hormonal teenage girls, I didn't always feel quite like I was understanding anyone because there is so much drama! I remember just always trying to make everyone feel better and they would just get mad because I didn't get it.) Even if i'm the one not saying what I mean, i'm highly aware as its happening and usually aware of the reasons for me doing so.

My question is, why wouldn't anyone want to be this way?? It's just one of life's great mysteries I guess. As far as the salesperson thing, I think a truthful person is actually a better salesperson, no?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I just lack the ability to play mind games. More like manipulation is what I hate.
    If you want to challenge my thinking, thats one thing.
    But to manipulate me into a situation you want me in is NOT ok.
    I don't think so much that we lack the ability, its that we don't see the point in it, because our mission is to get along with people and have fun, and this kind of stuff always seems to get in the way.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    CAT

I really don't think that being a manipulative a**hole / being an open, honest person is correlated to type. Some people are nice and some people are mean, it's as easy as that, and sorting them by types will really get us nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet
    I don't think so much that we lack the ability, its that we don't see the point in it, because our mission is to get along with people and have fun, and this kind of stuff always seems to get in the way.
    Perhaps you would be surprised, but a lot of ESFPs I know seem to think that playing mind games with people is a lot of fun, and that's the point they see in it.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Lol, I just meant I lack the ability to play mind games. I don't have the patience to sit and pick at someone's head in that way.
    Plus your right, doing stuff like that can just ruin the fun and chillness in whats going on for me. So I prefer not to. I'd rather play at the beach or go to the amusement park with people
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Lol, I just meant I lack the ability to play mind games. I don't have the patience to sit and pick at someone's head in that way.
    Plus your right, doing stuff like that can just ruin the fun and chillness in whats going on for me. So I prefer not to. I'd rather play at the beach or go to the amusement park with people
    Exactly!

Which brings us to the next point. The lack of ability of non SP's to appreciate the amusement park and the beach like we do

Or like when you call a non-SP up on the phone and say, "hey, lets go play frisbee in the park!" they may say, "no man, I gotta do the dishes", or something that doesn't make sense. Where as if you call up an SP they are most likely to say "yea, sure! i'll bring along three friends!"

Oh, and Space Oddity, i've seen this in esfp's too, moreso than other sp's. I still think that sp's are much less likely to engage in this kind of stuff, though.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Yes! We all spend the majority of our lives working, so lets go play
    When I don't go out and just have fun with people, I become deeply depressed. Thats why I need to go out and be with people in a fun way. But then back off because I need my space
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I really don't think that being a manipulative a**hole / being an open, honest person is correlated to type. Some people are nice and some people are mean, it's as easy as that, and sorting them by types will really get us nowhere.

Perhaps you would be surprised, but a lot of ESFPs I know seem to think that playing mind games with people is a lot of fun, and that's the point they see in it.
    I know I like to play mind games for fun. I still dont like to use it to manipulate. The only people I really care to associate with I dont have a desire to manipulate. I may if I was more social, but I am not so I dont have a target audience to see if I can get away with it other then stupid crap like convincing someone to get out of the car and then backing out of the driveway.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Ahem... I've seen multiple ESFPs, a few ESTPs and one ISTP play mind games with people, and very skillfully at that. Especially the ESFPs seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I guess that's what Se+Fi need for fun combined with Te+Ni mastermind-ness sometimes does to people.

That said, I've also met lots of SPs who didn't have such inclinations at all. About just as many as NFs, NTs and SJs.
    hmm, the ISTP's I've known that play a mind game seems to depend on the context.

Messing with someone for the goal of some spirited fun.
    Or an exacting revenge.

Can't think of any other scenarios off the top of my head.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think some of you guys misunderstand what I mean by mind games. I'm not talking about messing with somebody for fun, I'm talking about intentionally..ugh, I don't know how to put it. It's like people hold grudges, people do things a certain way because they're "supposed" to and I would tell him but I'm worried about hurting his feelings or I can't just come out and tell her this, I have to give hints about stuff, or I'm going to basically troll you or bait you into something because it's better to be dishonest because I don't have to reveal as much of myself and be open. That kind of stuff.

Sorry I suck at explaining these types of things.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel