First 23456 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by man View Post
    I'm annoyed with how the two friends I hang out witht he most, an ENTP and ENTJ, always debate pointless theoretical and political shit.

I'm just like, "lol gusy lets go do somethin that actuly exciting"
    Oh man.. I totally agree.
    I hung out with an ENTP and ENTJ pair a lot.. (Its a funny, great pair!)
    And it was always like... okay time to zone out and go play some guitar hero, or try to migrate them to the car to go somewhere while they talk politics..

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I get high off nature's fumes too. NPs don't really have natural Se though.
    The fumes you get high off of, aren't from roses. Lol.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What's going on here is embarrassing. Non-SP's are talking about what they like about SP's and thus ignoring the thread topic. We are doing just what they say we do!

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    What's going on here is embarrassing. Non-SP's are talking about what they like about SP's and thus ignoring the thread topic. We are doing just what they say we do!
    HA! True. Well I love Se, and I'll say whatever I damn well please.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    HA! True. Well I love Se, and I'll say whatever I damn well please.
    I love Se, too! I just keep forgetting to use it.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    I don't know if it's an annoyance, because I could honestly give two shits, but I notice how people seem to talk each other in circles about every mundane topic you can think of.

Whether it's the politics forum, the relationships forum, the sex forum, people yap yap yap, and nobody listens to the other about anything and it turns into this huge pissing match about nothing. Everyone gets their panties all bunched up, someone ends up saying "Whatever, I am done with this topic" and then comes back five minutes later, and the cycle repeats itself.

For the most part, the SP's seem to stay away from such things, and just kind of hang out on the sidelines, watching the circus unfold, at least from my experience in the past two years here.

That's mainly why I avoid participating in those types of threads. I read them, sure, they're funny to watch. But there is no way I am getting involved in that happy horseshit. Have fun with your debate, I'll be over here playing ping pong, drinking a milkshake.
    Damn! I totally agree with this. I have lots 'o S friends, and I really respect how many of them don't get all bogged down in hypothetical thinking, but just do something and sort out the problems as they arise. It's a good answer to procrastination and rumination.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know if it's an annoyance, because I could honestly give two shits, but I notice how people seem to talk each other in circles about every mundane topic you can think of.

Whether it's the politics forum, the relationships forum, the sex forum, people yap yap yap, and nobody listens to the other about anything and it turns into this huge pissing match about nothing. Everyone gets their panties all bunched up, someone ends up saying "Whatever, I am done with this topic" and then comes back five minutes later, and the cycle repeats itself.

For the most part, the SP's seem to stay away from such things, and just kind of hang out on the sidelines, watching the circus unfold, at least from my experience in the past two years here.

That's mainly why I avoid participating in those types of threads. I read them, sure, they're funny to watch. But there is no way I am getting involved in that happy horseshit. Have fun with your debate, I'll be over here playing ping pong, drinking a milkshake.
    The ESTPs will get involved in such argument threads. In fact they're usually hilarious to have around because they have a habit of completely missing the context and the point, but by God they still come out swinging every time! The spirit is there.

But as for the rest of us, this sort of thing is actually enjoyable, alien to you though that may seem.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I couldn't think of much at first, but as I started reading this thread I realized there's alot I'm annoyed by when it comes to non-SPs.

Sometimes they ask me questions about something going on and before I've even finished answering they'll draw implications about what I said and leap to a conclusion about it that I didn't even imply! And then they wonder why I get annoyed so suddenly. Not all non-SPs do this, just some, like my family. I always have to backtrack or try to get them to be quiet for a few seconds (by pausing) so that they'll actually listen to what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinebrighter View Post
    They are not as fun and spontaneous. They don't seem to be living. They don't stop and smell the flowers. They are not looking at what is going on. They don't really see the beauty of change.

I want a buddy who can ride rollercoasters. What better then a SP?
    Yeah... I want a buddy who'll actually just be able to observe the wonderfulness of the weather for what it actually is instead of either ignoring it or trying to tell me what it symbolizes. I think SJs can be pretty good about observing it sometimes. SPs, and especially SFPs, seem to have more of a knack for it though.

YES! I usually scan those thread titles and just groan. I live for these SP threads and such. Those other threads make this place a chore sometimes. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    The ESTPs will get involved in such argument threads. In fact they're usually hilarious to have around because they have a habit of completely missing the context and the point, but by God they still come out swinging every time! The spirit is there.

But as for the rest of us, this sort of thing is actually enjoyable, alien to you though that may seem.
    Yeah, I like to interject a word or two when I actually have something to say about the subject, but I get frustrated by how ten more posts get made full of TL;DR content that I'll never read and thus end up losing track of most of the discussion. This is mainly why I never responded back in that thread, the discussion just got too lengthy. :horor:

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    YES! 100% agreed.

I find it slightly irritating when I want to go out and have fun, and feed my Se (Usually involving alcohol), and a few of my NF and SJ friends (who no longer go out as much or drink for whatever reason) look at me like I'm committing a crime or like I'm a little depressed girl drinking her life away. I just want to have fun and enjoy myself sometimes! I dislike feeling judged.

Edit: I just realized that this, in addition to my avatar, are not helping my cause. Sigh.
    haha. I love a good drinking girl. If we ever meet IRL, we are definitely drinking ourselves on the floor.

That's another thing I hate. As an ESTP I like to make a good social impression so sometimes I have to filter what I say so I won't be judged by the idiots around me who imply too much about what I'm doing like as if I'm some sleazeball. :steam:

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Oh man.. I totally agree.
    I hung out with an ENTP and ENTJ pair a lot.. (Its a funny, great pair!)
    And it was always like... okay time to zone out and go play some guitar hero, or try to migrate them to the car to go somewhere while they talk politics..
    haha, one time I had to inch my ENTP friend away from an INTJ one because they were getting in a really bad argument that, though it might seem to involve something integral to some, had nothing to do with our lives and wasn't worth the havoc it was causing. I just took my keys and pocketed stuff and started walking toward the door and the ENTP and another couple friends followed.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    istp

A lot of this stuff is really accurate. One of the main things that annoys me about non-SPs is their devotion to political causes. They spend so much time trying to create new laws and enforce their own beliefs on others in the name of their pet theory or for "the common good". Any time I have to deal with anything political it's always to try and minimize the effect of a law. SPs get that live and let live philosophy, the other types go for the "wouldn't it be great if everyone did this" philosophy.
    No offense.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Yeah, I'm a huge libertarian. The only thing that should be enforced is the right to life and property. Everything else can just go down the drain.

If anything, we need a better society not a bigger government.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]