MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I must be the only NT who loves his Se.
    I plant my nose in the middle of a rose, and get high off nature's fumes.
    I get high off nature's fumes too. NPs don't really have natural Se though.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    But I think I can ask the SP folks here this question and they will just be straightforward about it. Hopefully no one else decides to take it in a unpleasant direction.

Anyway, having read posts on here for about 13-14 months or so now, I think the most frustrating thing to me is that people reply to posts but they don't actually reply to what was said. They make leaps to I guess what in their mind is a progression of thought from the actual stated point, and it's very frustrating to attempt to return to a topic and defend your views when what is being responded to is not even what you said!

I made a whole topic attempting to sort of "illustrate" the SP way of looking at things, and I have posted many times on here the same things, it feels like a broken record but people don't seem to get it still. I say what I mean. What I mean is what I said. I mean, yeah, sometimes I might say something sarcastic, but I try to be pretty obvious about that. But the point is, if I say "I dislike the Angus burgers at McDonald's, they taste like crap" then I don't mean "I support child slavery in Malaysia." So don't respond to my message as if that's what I said! Stop inventing things we could possibly believe in! We really just mean what we said!
    This is actually one of the best things I enjoy about an SP's extroverted sensing function, IMO. If they happen to get their pants in a twist at what you said, it's because you actually said and meant it. That saves many useless arguments on what someone believed you meant, when you never agreed to any such notion.

Some observations of the SPs I've known:

ISTPs: Succinct, clear and precise.
    ISPs: Enjoy their personal space. Very hands-off, and willing let people do as they please.
    ESPs: Action-orientated, daring, flexible and adaptable. Tends to try new things at least once.

SPs: All learn by doing. Rarely have to wait for them to prepare.

*Edit: Jeffster, if you want to keep this thread to SP-repliers only, I'll delete my post.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't know if it's an annoyance, because I could honestly give two shits, but I notice how people seem to talk each other in circles about every mundane topic you can think of.

Whether it's the politics forum, the relationships forum, the sex forum, people yap yap yap, and nobody listens to the other about anything and it turns into this huge pissing match about nothing. Everyone gets their panties all bunched up, someone ends up saying "Whatever, I am done with this topic" and then comes back five minutes later, and the cycle repeats itself.

For the most part, the SP's seem to stay away from such things, and just kind of hang out on the sidelines, watching the circus unfold, at least from my experience in the past two years here.

That's mainly why I avoid participating in those types of threads. I read them, sure, they're funny to watch. But there is no way I am getting involved in that happy horseshit. Have fun with your debate, I'll be over here playing ping pong, drinking a milkshake.

^
    Well said. +1.

"Yeeee Haaaa!"-Bo and Luke Duke

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I must be the only NT who loves his Se.
    I plant my nose in the middle of a rose, and get high off nature's fumes.
    I also love it, although I'm not as good as SPs.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    I don't know if it's an annoyance, because I could honestly give two shits, but I notice how people seem to talk each other in circles about every mundane topic you can think of.

Whether it's the politics forum, the relationships forum, the sex forum, people yap yap yap, and nobody listens to the other about anything and it turns into this huge pissing match about nothing. Everyone gets their panties all bunched up, someone ends up saying "Whatever, I am done with this topic" and then comes back five minutes later, and the cycle repeats itself.

For the most part, the SP's seem to stay away from such things, and just kind of hang out on the sidelines, watching the circus unfold, at least from my experience in the past two years here.

That's mainly why I avoid participating in those types of threads. I read them, sure, they're funny to watch. But there is no way I am getting involved in that happy horseshit. Have fun with your debate, I'll be over here playing ping pong, drinking a milkshake.
    I completely agree, this is why I don't post much and completely avoid the politics and religion forums (mostly). Too frustrating. Some posters are particularly bad for this, it is often the same people over and over again (not naming names).

It's sometimes entertaining to watch, though.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

YES! 100% agreed.

I find it slightly irritating when I want to go out and have fun, and feed my Se (Usually involving alcohol), and a few of my NF and SJ friends (who no longer go out as much or drink for whatever reason) look at me like I'm committing a crime or like I'm a little depressed girl drinking her life away. I just want to have fun and enjoy myself sometimes! I dislike feeling judged.

Edit: I just realized that this, in addition to my avatar, are not helping my cause. Sigh.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I find it slightly irritating when I want to go out and have fun, and feed my Se (Usually involving alcohol), and a few of my NF and SJ friends (who no longer go out as much or drink for whatever reason) look at me like I'm committing a crime or like I'm a little depressed girl drinking her life away. I just want to have fun and enjoy myself sometimes! I dislike feeling judged.
    I've gotten to the point where I know that I am not hurting myself or other people with my having fun, so I really don't care what other people think of it. I've got limited time on this giant dustball, so I am going to make the most of it (as long as I am not hurting anyone/myself of course).

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I've gotten to the point where I know that I am not hurting myself or other people with my having fun, so I really don't care what other people think of it. I've got limited time on this giant dustball, so I am going to make the most of it (as long as I am not hurting anyone/myself of course).
    Amen to that! That's exactly it... I would never do those kinds of things if I was causing harm to myself or anyone else. Also, I would like to add, that if I -were- in a sad/angry/hurt mood, I -do- avoid drinking. The only times I'm up for going out and having fun is when I'm completely happy to do so, and I know it'll be a great way to cut loose
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Like Lethe, I'll make a side contribution:

• ISTP: Like INTP, great at seeing through the b.s. but also more apt to get things accomplished. Pragmatic and to-the-point, not veering off track or getting lost in implications like INTP. Will try anything that they can see a way through the middle of, fearless.
    • ISFP: Sweet, genuinely caring, flexible, giving of their time and energy to others, people-inclusive. Dislike conflict and would rather have everyone get along if at all possible. Laughter is pure.
    • ESTP: Effective, adaptable, can spin a situation in the direction best suited to accomplish their goal, likes people to work together, team-player, good at connecting with people to accomplish goals, not scared of conflict, tough-skinned.
    • ESFP: Fun, engaging, alive, brings a spark to everything they do, enthusiastic, glowingly positive (although if they're upset, you hear about it... not necessarily bad), always leaping into the center of things, good performers.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft