• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] What annoys you about non-SPs?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Well, theoretically I would agree, but I've seen an ENTJ and an INTP (and to a lesser degree, an ENTP) avoiding confrontation like a plague. Perhaps this is more of an individual trait after all.

Really? ALL the Rationals I've ever known, except for the INTJ (and perhaps one other one?) were very confrontational. And these are people really close to me who I was able to observe over a long period of time.

Of course, I haven't been able to observe an INTP for very long. Maybe it's just in the extroverts. But your anecdotal evidence seems strange to me. How sure are you that they were the types you thought they were? I mean, not that it's possible, because they may have seen it as more logical to avoid confrontation, or perhaps they have some personal emotional issues. *shrug*

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? ALL the Rationals I've ever known, except for the INTJ (and perhaps one other one?) were very confrontational. And these are people really close to me who I was able to observe over a long period of time.

Of course, I haven't been able to observe an INTP for very long. Maybe it's just in the extroverts. But your anecdotal evidence seems strange to me. How sure are you that they were the types you thought they were? I mean, not that it's possible, because they may have seen it as more logical to avoid confrontation, or perhaps they have some personal emotional issues. *shrug*

Hmmm... the NTs I know are quite unconfrontational. The exception to this would be the ENTPs, and the ENTJs at times, but ENTJs are not nearly as confrontational as their type profiles would suggest; they just have quick tempers, but are also skilled in mediation. INTxs I know are not at all confrontational, especially not the INTP males. They avoid as much as possible -- I give them Avoidance Award of the Year along with ISFPs. IxxPs are pretty laidback in general. They can be sparked into action under certain circumstances, but it's not their normal MO. INTJs can seem confrontational online but the ones I know irl are silent (yet deadly). And yes, all of these people have taken the MBTI, I just have people take it if they haven't already.

On the other hand, I can be very direct and some would find that annoying...

I guess I know what you mean, and you probably think that NFs are those who are most guilty of it (well, NTs do it too if I think about it), but I have to correct you about one thing: I'm pretty sure that in most cases it's NOT done intentionally. I think that people just sometimes don't have the guts to be blunt with others and perhaps potentionally hurt their feelings because they don't won't to cause any discomfort, but in the end it comes across as being dishonest when it was actually often done either with good intention or no intention whatsoever. Often it's just a desperate effort to avoid conflict.

I confess I have been guilty of something like that in past, I'm not proud of it and I understand why other people find it annoying, but on the other hand I've really never done it intentionally. It was mostly unconscious, and therefore I guess that thinking there is an ill intent behind such behaviour is often a misinterpretation.

I agree with this.

McRumi

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
You're either an ISTP or a stop sign.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so

Well, firstly, the people I mentioned are definitely NTs - they either took the test or I just figured them out with my knowledge of typology (which is not bad I suppose) and I'm certain they are their type.

Secondly, the NT who I've seen avoiding confrontations the most was indeed an INTP, and she indeed had very deep personal emotional issues (hence I say it might be not related to type after all). She couldn't handle emotional situations at all, so she just avoided them like a plague. As Lauren Ashley said, IxxPs tend to be pretty laid back in general, and INTPs are not an exception I suppose.

The ENTP I mentioned has had emotional issues as well, and I also believe he's generally pretty immature, so this is not exactly type related too. I know a few ENTPs who don't seem to be avoiding confrontations at all, but then, who knows how they'd behave in a very uncomfortable and complicated interpersonal situation?

The ENTJ I mentioned behaved like that in a relationship with my INFP friend, and I believe that after some point he just wasn't that much into her anymore but didn't have the guts to tell her so he just treated her with indifference instead of giving her a definite answer. I don't think he had any emotional issues, he was just a bit of a jerk. ;)

Overall, I don't think it's common for NTs to avoid conflict, but I think it may very well happen when deep feelings are concerned. I also believe that people have many different reasons and underlying motivations why they avoid conflict, and it cannot be broken into something so simple as being an NF, NT, SP etc.

InFsheeP

MBTI Type
INFP
They are not as fun and spontaneous. They don't seem to be living. They don't stop and smell the flowers. They are not looking at what is going on. They don't really see the beauty of change.

I want a buddy who can ride rollercoasters. What better then a SP?

so true... i dont like this part of myself either.....
I am always the one who asks 'what happened' and when I found out I missed out on something great, I blame myself for day dreaming too much and missing out the fun (the past)..... which in turns stop me from experiencing the now...... and the cycle continues.........

KDude

Anyway, having read posts on here for about 13-14 months or so now, I think the most frustrating thing to me is that people reply to posts but they don't actually reply to what was said. They make leaps to I guess what in their mind is a progression of thought from the actual stated point, and it's very frustrating to attempt to return to a topic and defend your views when what is being responded to is not even what you said!

Since I'm new here, my complaints are not pertaining to this forum, but I understand what you're saying from other sites/life experiences. I believe I've encountered a lot of "N" (I'm sort of new to MBTI, so correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyhow, the more I realize that I'm an "SP", I'm happy to meet you all. :p I mean, I like everyone, but "S" is a little less exhausting.

Julie1962

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I find that my SP friends and family are more tolerant and open minded of different races, religions and personality types. So .. any type that isn't tolerant tends to annoy me.

KDude

I think I'm tolerant, but I thought it was just my own way of dealing with things.

Why do you think that is? What's SP have to do with it?

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I think alot of SPs have a live and let live philosophy. It could stem form the desire to be themselves as they see fit which tends to require an independant mindset.

KDude

Good to know.. I'm not sure what type all of my friends are, but they probably don't qualify.

The only person who comes to mind is my mom. I'm almost positive my old man is ENFJ though

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What annoys me about non-SP's? Them worrying about the consequences of things that haven't occurred yet or might not even happen.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
The ESTPs will get involved in such argument threads. In fact they're usually hilarious to have around because they have a habit of completely missing the context and the point, but by God they still come out swinging every time! The spirit is there.

But as for the rest of us, this sort of thing is actually enjoyable, alien to you though that may seem.

I completely belly laughed when I read this. The ESTPs I know are EXACTLY like this. They will argue for days with NTs and NFs while we (the Ns) are sitting around giving each other furtive glances trying not to laugh b/c the ESTP is trying with gusto to argue but has zero clue as to the theoretical tenor of the conversation. Well said, simulated world!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I completely belly laughed when I read this. The ESTPs I know are EXACTLY like this. They will argue for days with NTs and NFs while we (the Ns) are sitting around giving each other furtive glances trying not to laugh b/c the ESTP is trying with gusto to argue but has zero clue as to the theoretical tenor of the conversation. Well said, simulated world!

^ this type of attitude is what's incredibly annoying about non-SPs :thelook:

seriously people... you make me ashamed of my intuitive characteristics!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Thats why I am glad to be ISTP. IRL I pretty much just sit and wait for that one part in the argument where it causes the whole thing to come to a crash.