User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

sometimes.....i want to troubleshoot those non-sp animals.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Well, theoretically I would agree, but I've seen an ENTJ and an INTP (and to a lesser degree, an ENTP) avoiding confrontation like a plague. Perhaps this is more of an individual trait after all.
    Really? ALL the Rationals I've ever known, except for the INTJ (and perhaps one other one?) were very confrontational. And these are people really close to me who I was able to observe over a long period of time.

Of course, I haven't been able to observe an INTP for very long. Maybe it's just in the extroverts. But your anecdotal evidence seems strange to me. How sure are you that they were the types you thought they were? I mean, not that it's possible, because they may have seen it as more logical to avoid confrontation, or perhaps they have some personal emotional issues. *shrug*
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Really? ALL the Rationals I've ever known, except for the INTJ (and perhaps one other one?) were very confrontational. And these are people really close to me who I was able to observe over a long period of time.

Of course, I haven't been able to observe an INTP for very long. Maybe it's just in the extroverts. But your anecdotal evidence seems strange to me. How sure are you that they were the types you thought they were? I mean, not that it's possible, because they may have seen it as more logical to avoid confrontation, or perhaps they have some personal emotional issues. *shrug*
    Hmmm... the NTs I know are quite unconfrontational. The exception to this would be the ENTPs, and the ENTJs at times, but ENTJs are not nearly as confrontational as their type profiles would suggest; they just have quick tempers, but are also skilled in mediation. INTxs I know are not at all confrontational, especially not the INTP males. They avoid as much as possible -- I give them Avoidance Award of the Year along with ISFPs. IxxPs are pretty laidback in general. They can be sparked into action under certain circumstances, but it's not their normal MO. INTJs can seem confrontational online but the ones I know irl are silent (yet deadly). And yes, all of these people have taken the MBTI, I just have people take it if they haven't already.

On the other hand, I can be very direct and some would find that annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I guess I know what you mean, and you probably think that NFs are those who are most guilty of it (well, NTs do it too if I think about it), but I have to correct you about one thing: I'm pretty sure that in most cases it's NOT done intentionally. I think that people just sometimes don't have the guts to be blunt with others and perhaps potentionally hurt their feelings because they don't won't to cause any discomfort, but in the end it comes across as being dishonest when it was actually often done either with good intention or no intention whatsoever. Often it's just a desperate effort to avoid conflict.

I confess I have been guilty of something like that in past, I'm not proud of it and I understand why other people find it annoying, but on the other hand I've really never done it intentionally. It was mostly unconscious, and therefore I guess that thinking there is an ill intent behind such behaviour is often a misinterpretation.
    I agree with this.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

You're either an ISTP or a stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    SFPs, maybe.

STPs, no. I started an entire thread about it.
    ISTP Teddy Atlas does this (xSTPs Fe manipulation) a lot:

(Video) Teddy Atlas breaks down the Pacquiao-Mayweather blood tests and email shocker! | Now Boxing

So does John McDougall:

YouTube - Dr. McDougall and Insulin-like Growth Factor 1

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post

Well, firstly, the people I mentioned are definitely NTs - they either took the test or I just figured them out with my knowledge of typology (which is not bad I suppose) and I'm certain they are their type.

Secondly, the NT who I've seen avoiding confrontations the most was indeed an INTP, and she indeed had very deep personal emotional issues (hence I say it might be not related to type after all). She couldn't handle emotional situations at all, so she just avoided them like a plague. As Lauren Ashley said, IxxPs tend to be pretty laid back in general, and INTPs are not an exception I suppose.

The ENTP I mentioned has had emotional issues as well, and I also believe he's generally pretty immature, so this is not exactly type related too. I know a few ENTPs who don't seem to be avoiding confrontations at all, but then, who knows how they'd behave in a very uncomfortable and complicated interpersonal situation?

The ENTJ I mentioned behaved like that in a relationship with my INFP friend, and I believe that after some point he just wasn't that much into her anymore but didn't have the guts to tell her so he just treated her with indifference instead of giving her a definite answer. I don't think he had any emotional issues, he was just a bit of a jerk.

Overall, I don't think it's common for NTs to avoid conflict, but I think it may very well happen when deep feelings are concerned. I also believe that people have many different reasons and underlying motivations why they avoid conflict, and it cannot be broken into something so simple as being an NF, NT, SP etc.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinebrighter View Post
    They are not as fun and spontaneous. They don't seem to be living. They don't stop and smell the flowers. They are not looking at what is going on. They don't really see the beauty of change.

I want a buddy who can ride rollercoasters. What better then a SP?
    so true... i dont like this part of myself either.....
    I am always the one who asks 'what happened' and when I found out I missed out on something great, I blame myself for day dreaming too much and missing out the fun (the past)..... which in turns stop me from experiencing the now...... and the cycle continues.........

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Anyway, having read posts on here for about 13-14 months or so now, I think the most frustrating thing to me is that people reply to posts but they don't actually reply to what was said. They make leaps to I guess what in their mind is a progression of thought from the actual stated point, and it's very frustrating to attempt to return to a topic and defend your views when what is being responded to is not even what you said!
    Since I'm new here, my complaints are not pertaining to this forum, but I understand what you're saying from other sites/life experiences. I believe I've encountered a lot of "N" (I'm sort of new to MBTI, so correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyhow, the more I realize that I'm an "SP", I'm happy to meet you all. :P I mean, I like everyone, but "S" is a little less exhausting.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

I find that my SP friends and family are more tolerant and open minded of different races, religions and personality types. So .. any type that isn't tolerant tends to annoy me.

I think I'm tolerant, but I thought it was just my own way of dealing with things.

Why do you think that is? What's SP have to do with it?