User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ESFP on INTP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default ESFP on INTP

I'm curious to know what ESFPs think [generally] about those of the INTP temperament. I think I know one ESFP, and I'd love to get inside their head.

A couple specific questions:

* What is your take on the INTP's fixation on technology?

* Would you be able to spend a day locked alone in a room with an INTP? (why/why not)

* Are you put off by INTPs' objectivity and detachment?

* Would you appreciate somebody telling you something directly, or do you prefer a less blunt method of communication?

5 imaginary bucks to the person who comes up with the purpose of these questions :P

Thanks
    Dare to reinvent the wheel.. Let's start with a sphere.

[Your witty comment here]
    .._.._.......__.
    ./.|/.|..().|[])
    / /|/||.||.|[])
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by mibnelius View Post
    I'm curious to know what ESFPs think [generally] about those of the INTP temperament. I think I know one ESFP, and I'd love to get inside their head.

* Would you be able to spend a day locked alone in a room with an INTP? (why/why not)

* Would you appreciate somebody telling you something directly, or do you prefer a less blunt method of communication?

5 imaginary bucks to the person who comes up with the purpose of these questions :P

Thanks
    Since my best friend is esfp and I'm intx I'll try to answer in the place of one.
    1. I don't mind your fixation on technology, I'm glad when you can help me out with my broken tech stuff. (I even fixed his air conditioner this weekend and he screamed "there is a god!!" when it worked. I help him with his car a lot too)
    2. I'd get really bored because of their quietness and my extroversion needs. I can survive it, but I wouldn't want to spend a day locked with you.
    3. A little bit, sometimes it's frustrating when you don't see the emotional aspects of a situation, and you become aloof.
    4. I like being told things directly, clearly, and with good explanation. (however from my experience I recommend being careful in sensitive situations involving people they care about most of the time, other things can be dealt with directly and bluntly)

I don't know the purpose of your questions but it probably involves being around and getting along with an esfp in your life?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Its whatever. A bit silly in my mind, but whatever floats your boat. I get bored during INTP technology conversations.

Yea definitely. I've had 2 INTP boyfriends and a lot of INTP friends, so I imagine that I've been in a room alone for a day with an INTP already! Why? I don't know, I just don't see a problem with it.

I don't find INTP's to be that detached. I find them pretty warm and cordial as far as NT's are concerned. As far as objectivity, I don't see where someone could be put off by that, since its a positive trait.

Directly, of course. Clear English is my language of choice.
    And actually sometimes I find this to be a fault of the INTP's, some of them are not as direct as I would like them to be.

You want to be in her pants?

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

Double or nothing.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Wow, that's what I call being direct. +1

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Quote Originally Posted by mibnelius View Post

Thanks
    1. I didn't know they had a fixation on technology. All the INTPs I know are either fixated on nature or coming up with creative ideas for things.

2. I could spend a day locked in a room with an INTP but there's some kind of wall in between us. Because I can't get to their emotions and so I don't see the relationship as very deep or meaningful or useful to me. I could have fun having intellectual discussions with them, and I have but I feel like that isn't the most fun thing for me to do. I prefer to do intellectual things on my own and not boast about it.

3. I don't care about objectivity. The detachment makes them boring to me. And like the relationship could only be a fling and nothing deeper because in relationships I need an emotional connection and emotional fulfillment which they can't give. They need intellectual stimulation and an intellectual connection and I couldn't give that to them in the way they need it.

4. Telling me directly what? If it's a criticism, you better say it in the least accusatory, most careful way you can or I'll get my feelings hurt and either withdraw or give you a taste of your own medicine. I don't like things being up in the air though. None of that vague N stuff. If you want something from me, use examples and details step by step.

5. You want to get in her pants.
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

The title sounds dirty.

MBTI
    TOTO

Damn, I was thinking something else about "ESFP on INTP"

If it ever happened, I'd imagine it would be quite the sight.

ESFPs have chased me before and seem really into INTPs

They usually say things like "how do you come up with these things teehehe"