• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Women ISTP/ESTPs

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
:shock: Wow.... it's really crazy how this typology stuff works, sometimes. Oh, and yeah.. traveling is the greatest thing in the world to me. For a while, on a whim, I thought I'd go be a flight attendant after college before I hopped into a real career. However... I don't think customer service is my strong point :cheese: I was a little worried about what I'd do to people that annoyed me.

I just saw this and thought of the guy who got pissed off, grabbed a beer, and jumped out of the emergency exit!

YouTube - JetBlue drama: flight attendant quits via escape chute

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Women ISTP/ESTPs

are hot :devil: and they often know it, too :D

more seriously though,
you guys sound more exciting than most extroverts.
yup.
i reallyyyy want to skydive. just need to put out the money and the courage. that wingsuit thing is epic, too

anyway. around here we have black widows, so my rule is to kill pudgy black spiders and take good care of anything else. :yes:

huh. it just occurred to me that i'm nearly 100% sure my best friend in middle school was an ISTP. she loved classical music... and she was the only chick i have ever known who could eat 2 entire pizzas all by herself!

missfixit

MBTI Type
ISTP
I have to reply to this thread if only to insist that ISTP women are not tomboys. I always loved makeup and when I decide to dress up I can rock the Audrey Hepburn look like nothing else!

I was a ballroom dance instructor, a house-remodeling junkie, and now I'm back to engineering. (My B.S. was in ME)

At work I am aggressive because I have to solve problems, and I'm sharp and no-nonsense. I don't do drama of any kind, and I hate people who make up reasons to get their feelings hurt. Thank God I work in engineering so I don't have to deal with lots of women all day.

The most common phrases that come out of my mouth several times a day are "I don't care", "I don't give a shit", "That shit ain't happening" and "I need a drink, STAT."

I hate salesmen.

and I think I have trust issues....
:hi:

missfixit

MBTI Type
ISTP
lol.

Ok, I hate salesmen when they are trying to sell me stuff.

Otherwise they are fine.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: just playing with you... I live in a 2 salesperson household and we BOTH avoid salespeople who are trying to sell us stuff like the plague!

of course when they do get to me I end up giving them pointers on what they did wrong in their pitch :cool:

missfixit

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think the reason I hate them so much is because they tend to "butter me up" or act like we are friends, in order to sell me something. It feels dishonest and I'm naturally very suspicious anyway. On top of that I have to deal with salespeople all day who have zero technical knowledge, and yet they are selling a product that I have to support.

Their routine goes something like this:

"LOOK WHAT I SOLD! I am soooo awesome! Now figure out how to make that work." (usually this involves something that defies the laws of physics.)

Fun times. :party:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: I'm friendly when selling because I'm friendly to EVERYONE, whether I'm trying to sell them something or not... I just am naturally that way... I send my ISTP coworker to answer any technical questions... he can give enthusiastic imprompteau lectures on product knowlege... I'm not good with details :doh:

missfixit

MBTI Type
ISTP
:laugh: I'm friendly when selling because I'm friendly to EVERYONE, whether I'm trying to sell them something or not... I just am naturally that way..

Yeah, I already know that I don't understand extroverts. As I said I have trust issues, i think it colors how i view all my interactions. lol "This guy just gave me a compliment. I bet he wants me to buy something useless and expensive!"

Or maybe it's just paranoia...

The sales boss called me yesterday and said "call this rep and explain that technical stuff you were saying to me"... so I go "ok, but I'm warning you that given the requirements he sent over here, THAT SHIT AIN'T HAPPENING".
Sales boss says to me "Now, be nice, he's a good rep"

I was perfectly polite and even gave the rep what he wanted in the end, so now they think we are good friends...and naturally I feel reluctant. LMAO

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I hate it when salespeople approach me and have less technical knowledge of the product than I do (which is always.) So I usually just tell them curtly that I don't need any help and run away.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I hate it when salespeople approach me and have less technical knowledge of the product than I do (which is always.) So I usually just tell them curtly that I don't need any help and run away.

haha my sister and her husband brought me to help them buy an HDTV, and completely ignored the sales person. They kept telling me how much of an idiot he was and that I was the one who should of been selling the TV's.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a lesbian ISTP...
I definitely look like a girl but act like a tomboy.
And yeah I've always had loads of attention from girls. Particularly the pretty little straight/curious ones.
What can I say? I've been very lucky ;) long may it continue!

Bev

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm still a tomboy at heart I seem to be tougher or as tough than most of my male friends haha don't do as much crazy fun stuff as I did when I was a kid.I apparently decided to ride my bike down the stairs and ended up putting my tooth through my lip!Theres still a small scar but I dunno which one it is :p I always used to hang out with the boys but not so much now only started wearing make up at 16 but even now its still very light. Right now I really want to go paintballing or learn krav maga an Israeli martial art.I like learning about psychology and law because it'll be useful for the police :) and I'm new by the way so hi :)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a lesbian ISTP...
I definitely look like a girl but act like a tomboy.
And yeah I've always had loads of attention from girls. Particularly the pretty little straight/curious ones.
What can I say? I've been very lucky ;) long may it continue!

I too am a lesbian ISTP...

I don't look like a girl, or play one on TV. unlike Jix *coughs*

:hifive:

IheartFootball10

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
yehh i was pretty much a tomboy growing up. still kinda am but i think im a good balance between being a tomboy and being girly. i adore sports and doing anything athletic or that gets the blood pumping. athletics just came naturally to me. i was in sports ever since i was little. and even now, i work out 5x a week, im on a rec volleyball team, i just learned how to surf and i coach cheerleading. in fact, last weekend i was on a date and he suggested going to the batting cages and playing mini golf. and of course i rocked it....in 4 inch heels thank you very much lol

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I was indeed a tomboy when I was in elementary and part of middle school (to the point that all of the boys at computer camp assumed that I was a boy too), though I am definitely much more femme looking (if not acting) nowadays. I also played at least two official sports per year throughout my K-12 existence (although these days the extent of my sporting has been reduced to videogames.) I also consider myself bisexual. So, yeah...

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always felt that I was equal in both worlds of feminine and tomboy but I would never classify myself as girly. My ESFP friend is girly but I can walk comfortably in high heels just as well as explain every jet and circuit in a carburetor.

I've always been one of the guys. For instance, I've been invited to two bachelor parties and not as the entertainment. I'm quick with a good comeback and enjoy a good joke - even at my own expense. I've been told I have a guy's brain. I can see that but I'm distinctly feminine. When I like someone I become a blushing (seriously, the blushing is horrible to deal with) goofball around them. I become all sweetness. The softer side is only shown to people I genuinely care for and trust and the reason I get the tomboy label is because most of the time no one sees this side. Which is how I like it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I usually hang out with guys, but that's because they're usually harder for me to accidentally offend :blush: The man informed me that I'm rather masculine personalitywise, when I quizzed him for the descriptions of me for an online test, but I LOOK feminine to people at least!

What I find funny is the contrasts between ISTP and ESTPs in a way... I work with an ISTP female... she looks prim and feminine, but is a total badass- how do ISTPs manage to be so much more focused? :thinking: