User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    Wow.... it's really crazy how this typology stuff works, sometimes. Oh, and yeah.. traveling is the greatest thing in the world to me. For a while, on a whim, I thought I'd go be a flight attendant after college before I hopped into a real career. However... I don't think customer service is my strong point I was a little worried about what I'd do to people that annoyed me.
    I just saw this and thought of the guy who got pissed off, grabbed a beer, and jumped out of the emergency exit!

YouTube - JetBlue drama: flight attendant quits via escape chute

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Women ISTP/ESTPs
    are hot and they often know it, too

more seriously though,
    you guys sound more exciting than most extroverts.
    yup.
    i reallyyyy want to skydive. just need to put out the money and the courage. that wingsuit thing is epic, too

anyway. around here we have black widows, so my rule is to kill pudgy black spiders and take good care of anything else.

huh. it just occurred to me that i'm nearly 100% sure my best friend in middle school was an ISTP. she loved classical music... and she was the only chick i have ever known who could eat 2 entire pizzas all by herself!

MBTI
    ISTP

I have to reply to this thread if only to insist that ISTP women are not tomboys. I always loved makeup and when I decide to dress up I can rock the Audrey Hepburn look like nothing else!

I was a ballroom dance instructor, a house-remodeling junkie, and now I'm back to engineering. (My B.S. was in ME)

At work I am aggressive because I have to solve problems, and I'm sharp and no-nonsense. I don't do drama of any kind, and I hate people who make up reasons to get their feelings hurt. Thank God I work in engineering so I don't have to deal with lots of women all day.

The most common phrases that come out of my mouth several times a day are "I don't care", "I don't give a shit", "That shit ain't happening" and "I need a drink, STAT."

I hate salesmen.

and I think I have trust issues....

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by missfixit View Post
    I hate salesmen.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP

lol.

Ok, I hate salesmen when they are trying to sell me stuff.

Otherwise they are fine.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

just playing with you... I live in a 2 salesperson household and we BOTH avoid salespeople who are trying to sell us stuff like the plague!

of course when they do get to me I end up giving them pointers on what they did wrong in their pitch
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP

I think the reason I hate them so much is because they tend to "butter me up" or act like we are friends, in order to sell me something. It feels dishonest and I'm naturally very suspicious anyway. On top of that I have to deal with salespeople all day who have zero technical knowledge, and yet they are selling a product that I have to support.

Their routine goes something like this:

"LOOK WHAT I SOLD! I am soooo awesome! Now figure out how to make that work." (usually this involves something that defies the laws of physics.)

Fun times.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm friendly when selling because I'm friendly to EVERYONE, whether I'm trying to sell them something or not... I just am naturally that way... I send my ISTP coworker to answer any technical questions... he can give enthusiastic imprompteau lectures on product knowlege... I'm not good with details

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm friendly when selling because I'm friendly to EVERYONE, whether I'm trying to sell them something or not... I just am naturally that way..
    Yeah, I already know that I don't understand extroverts. As I said I have trust issues, i think it colors how i view all my interactions. lol "This guy just gave me a compliment. I bet he wants me to buy something useless and expensive!"

Or maybe it's just paranoia...

The sales boss called me yesterday and said "call this rep and explain that technical stuff you were saying to me"... so I go "ok, but I'm warning you that given the requirements he sent over here, THAT SHIT AIN'T HAPPENING".
    Sales boss says to me "Now, be nice, he's a good rep"

I was perfectly polite and even gave the rep what he wanted in the end, so now they think we are good friends...and naturally I feel reluctant. LMAO

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I hate it when salespeople approach me and have less technical knowledge of the product than I do (which is always.) So I usually just tell them curtly that I don't need any help and run away.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness