• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Any other creative SPs tired of all artists, musicians, writers being typed as Ns?

B

brainheart

We all have been subjected to many "tests," which attempt to measure something within us.
We can share that data--lame as some of it is-- with others.
The public figures have not been given that opportunity.
I think that's why I find it so absurd when someone lists Ben Franklin's type.

It's laughable. :D
When did old Benny baby take the MBTI? haha.

Not to mention you can test yourself multiple times, read every website and several books, and end up with five different results- Me: INFP INTP INFJ INTJ ISFP. (But I think the ISFP might actually be right! Fingers crossed!)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
That's why I consider MBTI to be generally useless and Keirsey theory to be much, much better, since it's based on observation.

B

brainheart

I like the one on Best Fit. The Improviser description fits me well. Dare I say it's the... best fit? :cheese:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think IRL, some intuitives don't meet a lot of people they relate to (maybe why they, er we, spend time here...:cough:), and so when they relate to an artist/musician/writer they may think he/she is an N also.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I think IRL, some intuitives don't meet a lot of people they relate to (maybe why they, er we, spend time here...:cough:), and so when they relate to an artist/musician/writer they may think he/she is an N also.

Yeah and also, Keirsey makes a good point when he says:

Please Understand Me II said:
The Artisans' joy of life can be infectious, delighting the other types (at least for a while) with their playfulness and sweeping them along with a rush of excitement. Soulful Idealists can be enchanted by the Artisans' lack of self-consciousness, and by their sheer physical attractiveness, and will often project into the impulsive, unreflective SP their own NF image of the spiritual poet or artist.

B

brainheart

Soulful Idealists can be enchanted by the Artisans' lack of self-consciousness, and by their sheer physical attractiveness...

I'm causing this inner turmoil in NFs all the time. It's nuts. I can't walk out the door without some soulful idealist becoming enchanted by my sheer physical attractiveness. I've tried this spray- it was really designed to remove static cling from fabric- but then Keirsey discovered it was really great at repelling NFs. Well, I guess my attraction is just a little too strong because for me, no dice.

EDIT: OH NO! ONE'S TRYING TO BREAK DOWN MY DOOR! AAGGHHH!!!!

wolfy

awsm
Originally Posted by Please Understand Me II
The Artisans' joy of life can be infectious, delighting the other types (at least for a while) with their playfulness and sweeping them along with a rush of excitement. Soulful Idealists can be enchanted by the Artisans' lack of self-consciousness, and by their sheer physical attractiveness, and will often project into the impulsive, unreflective SP their own NF image of the spiritual poet or artist.

That sounds kinda cool. Everybody loves the SP impulsiveness until they realise it's compulsive impulsive.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pfft... I'd like to imagine there's some order to my chaos and I'm more controlled than I look.

But then again, that could all just be in my head.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Eh? Why are SP's complaining? Mozart... Michael Jackson... Elvis... all SFP's.

You SP's have been responsible for some of the very best and most influential arists in history. You've got nothing to be ashamed of.