User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Instant Wit

  1. #11
    Member mattness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Posts
    71

    Default

    i cant think of examples but i'm generally just hilarious. people want to be me but they cant admit it. you feel me??

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Stressful moment in the boss's office at work. Three of us in the office, me, a coworker 'John', and the boss

    John: "Boss, so why did I get yelled at today?"
    Boss: "Because, John, some of the other employees complained about you being disrespectful towards them. You need to work on your people skills, especially if you want to be promoted into another department. If you don't get this fixed these are the kind of things that can really come back to bite you in the ass."

    A moment of tense and awkward silence

    Me: "Sometimes getting bit in the ass can be a good thing. You know, I was watching this documentary about monkeys on the Discovery Channel..."

    Boss smiles and pats me on the shoulder while John glares angrily at me

  3. #13
    PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Often. I get this huge urge to walk away after.
    haha! know what ya mean, bro!

    Quote Originally Posted by mattness View Post
    i cant think of examples but i'm generally just hilarious. people want to be me but they cant admit it. you feel me??
    yeah, I get it. Like they kinda think you're crazy and don't want to admit being that entranced by someone but can't help but stick around. People are constantly on the lookout for me. If I ever venture off alone, when I come back I always hear, "So where have you been?"

    I love it and hate it at the same time. I love having adoring fans around every corner but at the same time people kinda get addicted and it can make you feel somewhat guilty when you leave one place for another. Every new friend I make either wants me to live near them or to move with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Matrix View Post
    Stressful moment in the boss's office at work. Three of us in the office, me, a coworker 'John', and the boss

    John: "Boss, so why did I get yelled at today?"
    Boss: "Because, John, some of the other employees complained about you being disrespectful towards them. You need to work on your people skills, especially if you want to be promoted into another department. If you don't get this fixed these are the kind of things that can really come back to bite you in the ass."

    A moment of tense and awkward silence

    Me: "Sometimes getting bit in the ass can be a good thing. You know, I was watching this documentary about monkeys on the Discovery Channel..."

    Boss smiles and pats me on the shoulder while John glares angrily at me
    haha! A+ I love dispelling awkward moments like that. :yim_rolling_on_the_

    I have some of the most fun with that because it's great being the one person who doesn't feel the tension and being able to just cooly ease the pressure at will.

    There was another time where one of our coworkers (ESFJ) was sharing some fancy white chocolate candies with us. For some reason the conversation veered off into something to do with hip-hop or rap, and one of the guys (ISTJ caucasian) made a funny comment about becoming a rapper. I said, "Yeah, and you could call yourself White Chocolate!" Everyone burst into laughter for like five minutes.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!


    Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    haha! know what ya mean, bro!
    I was talking with Kingfisher about it the other day. When the joke really hits big I just need to move. Maybe that's why Rodney Dangerfield always played with his tie.

  5. #15
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I was talking with Kingfisher about it the other day. When the joke really hits big I just need to move. Maybe that's why Rodney Dangerfield always played with his tie.
    Yeah I think I tend to punch my hand or pop my fingers or some kind of hand movement. Sometimes like a fake karate chop or something. Then I re-live it in my head several times. I don't think the non-SPs understand that we can keep a buzz off one moment like that for a while.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  6. #16
    Senior Member mcmartinez84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah I think I tend to punch my hand or pop my fingers or some kind of hand movement. Sometimes like a fake karate chop or something. Then I re-live it in my head several times. I don't think the non-SPs understand that we can keep a buzz off one moment like that for a while.
    I relive the moments and totally buzz on witty/smartass comments I make. Sometimes I "relive" them right after they happen and I can giggle for quite awhile over them! I make myself laugh a lot.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    They come natural to me and they can come so often and easily that I can really frustrate people sometimes.

    Last night
    Me: "I would love to be a vampire, then I would have all the time in the world to learn everything"
    Wife: "But then you would have to watch everyone around you die"
    Me: "There all gonna die either way"

    Its morbid and my wife gave me this look, but I was never one to worry about how I will feel because I am am never able to predict how I will feel.

  8. #18
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    Probably 35% of what I say is witty retorts.
    Same thing with my ISTP brother.

    Unfortunately, a lot of the time, his retorts tend to be fairly insulting and I'm left helping to smooth down whatever feathers he's just ruffled.

  9. #19
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    I'm witty like, all the time. People just rarily see and understand it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm witty like, all the time. People just rarily see and understand it.
    Being an IP sometimes we go a little to deep and have to explain:rolli: I can be in a room full of people and only a few get it.

Similar Threads

  1. Instant messengers?
    By Jeffster in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 08:42 PM
  2. Developing a quick wit
    By TickTock in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 10:48 PM
  3. [INTJ] Childhood witness to in-home violence
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 11:03 PM
  4. instant messenger
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO