User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Lightbulb Questions for the ISFP women

I think I have met only 3 ISFP women out of hundreds upon hundreds—I wasn't into this whole personality type thing in the past—from what I remember; they were very gentle. They were very easy on the eyes, barely said a word, but communicated a lot through their eyes, and gestures. They made like no logical sense or effort up to the point of silliness, and I liked that. I felt a lot of comfort with them, I'm pretty sure they did too because we'd be hugging, hand holding, and acting like romantic kids within minutes. And I just met them in places like the mall, H&M, street etc. They were all alone. That probably means something.

Then again, maybe I haven't met one!

Either way, that's all the past, and now I want to look into the future!

So my questions:

• When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home?
    • What would you usually do on an average day? weekend?
    • Do you ever go to bars and/or clubs? If so, what is it you're usually doing?
    • What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?
    • What do you spend most of your time thinking about?
    • Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)

I hope you understand where I'm coming from with these questions!

I'm trying to get a better understanding of this as my (ENFP) friend who studies MBTI/Socionics tells me I should look out for my "dual" with supposedly is the one and only ISFP.

Do I have to invent a ISFP-GPS LEO satellite to track you down?! I think I have the number to Lockheed Martin on speed dial...

Seriously, I have binoculars, on my head, and a back up telescope on my back, and I'm trying to find you! Where are you?! (echo)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

They sound hot.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

No joke. I've known a few and they do seem alot like that.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    IXFP

* When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home?

Alone. At home with someone comfortable. Freedom is a BIG thing when it comes to finding someone comfortable. Let the ISFP do their thing. Don't try to push them toward something that YOU think is best for them. They will most likely disagree and lose their trust in you.

I had to drop my best guy friend because of this.

* What would you usually do on an average day? weekend?

Doing some sort of personal art or sewing project. Abandon it after 2 hours. Repeat process. Not very good at completing tasks.

* Do you ever go to bars and/or clubs? If so, what is it you're usually doing?

No. If I ever am at one of those, I'm usually in the corner hiding or trying my best to "fit in" dancing with my friends.

* What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?

Fashion forward. But not trendy. You won't see me wearing AE, Hollister or A&Fitch just because it is the "in" thing to wear. Personally I don't care about trends. Anything that looks good on me I think is timeless.

At the same time sweats and a T-shirt are very comfortable. Since I don't care about impressing others I will wear that on many occasions for the comfort.

I have a wide range of fashion they wear. One day sweats and T-shirt, the next day a sun dress and the next day a leather jacket punk look. Keeping things fun!

* What do you spend most of your time thinking about?

My relationships with family and friends if there is a problem going on. Very sensitive about those things. Just can't get it out of my head.

Other then that odds things about my surrounding. I point out things that no one ever notice.

* Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)

I have. It never worked out for them. Being cynical by nature my guard will be up.

The best thing to do is not be so direct. Never just walk up to them and ask "Tell me about yourself?" "What is your favorite music?" and the other bland crap. You are putting pressure on the girl to make her feel like she needs to entertain you.

The best approach I think is to talk about the surroundings like I mentioned before. Ask them about the beer they are drinking whether it tastes good or not because you never tried it and wonder whether you should order it.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

According to different tests my P is well developed too , so I take the liberty to answer your questions:

[*]When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home?

Alone or with one or two friends at most. I love to be home just by myself.

[*]What would you usually do on an average day? weekend?

Playing the piano, doodling, cooking, glass-painting, i.e. doing creative things with my hands. Also reading, watching .... say, Monty Python episodes and other humor-packed films. Or posting on my own blog.

[*]Do you ever go to bars and/or clubs? If so, what is it you're usually doing?

No, never. I don't like meeting new people and I avoid crowd.

[*]What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?

I like colorful outfits: all kinds of clear, vivid colors. I have a laid-back style in an artsy way. Also, I have quite a few clothes from ZARA kids clothes shops - this is very cheerful stuff. My favorite patterns are flowers and stripes.

[*]What do you spend most of your time thinking about?

People and relationships

[*]Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)

I don't remember such cases. I prefer creative ways of approaching me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    No joke. I've known a few and they do seem alot like that.
    The way I described them?

What else would you say makes them distinctive from other types?

MBTI
    ISFP

The description you gave sounds like things people have said about me before. My boyfriend of nearly four years (he's an ISTP) just told me that every time he thinks he has me figured out I do something he never would have guessed, and that he loves that about me

When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home?

When outside I like to be alone, or with one close friend. At home, I currently spend a lot of time alone, but I do find it lonely. I like to have people around that are close to me at home, probably because I grew up in a large family.

What would you usually do on an average day? weekend?

On an average day I go to work/school. I am doing research about water resources. Then I come home and usually cook a nice healthy dinner, relax and play with my cat, maybe read, draw, talk to my boyfriend on the phone, sometimes clean up, and then go to sleep.
    On the weekend I either travel to visit my boyfriend or he travels here to see me. Usually we do something fun outside during the day and then make dinner together and relax in the evening.

Do you ever go to bars and/or clubs? If so, what is it you're usually doing?

Not so much. I enjoy going to low key bars with close friends where we can sit down at a table and share a pitcher.

What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?

My clothes are usually earthy colors and comfortable. I love the outdoors and nature, and so I think that reflects in the clothes that I tend to think look nice. Likewise, my jewelry is also earthy.

What do you spend most of your time thinking about?

I think mostly about the people in my life. I also am preoccupied often by my surroundings, how nice the sun feels, how cold my feet are, how pretty the wind sounds, stuff like that.

Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)

Perhaps it's silly, but honestly, any guy who just approaches me out of the blue makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I value people who are direct once I know them, but it takes a little time, or else it might scare me. I prefer to meet people through friends or groups and develop a friendship before I even consider dating or a relationship. I don't know if other ISFP women are this way, but that may be why it's a bit hard to find them. I don't think ISFP's are very good at casual dating since we invest so much into our relationships. A person who approaches me with interest based only on my appearance doesn't peak my interest. The good news is that ISFP's like to do stuff. If you're looking to meet a nice ISFP girl, join a hiking club, take an art class, volunteer at the animal shelter, something like that.

brainheart

This all mildly creeps me out, but I will answer anyway...

Depends on where I am. If it's someplace beautiful and exciting that I've never been before then I like to be by myself so I can focus my attention on it/become absorbed in it. If it's a crappy boring place I'd like to be with someone I find interesting/fun. At home I mainly like to be by myself so I can work on whatever I'm working on.

Pretend that I'm busy but then totally waste my time. I don't know, go for a hike, go for a run, go to a museum, check out new books at the library that I won't finish reading, thrift store shopping, record stores, book stores.

I live for good live music. Hate bad live music. If it is good, I will be entranced and you'd better not bug me. If it's bad, I will be getting drunk. But if it's bad, it's also rare that I will be there because I avoid bad music like the plague. But your definition of bad may be different than my definition of bad. And if they are different,that could pose a serious problem...

What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?
    Typically thrift store stuff. I wear it if it feels right, if it seems like something I would wear. Sometimes I buy stuff that's completely not me as well, because I want to try out a new persona. If I'm wearing that, I will look incredibly uncomfortable and self-conscious. I wear clothes that convey 'me'.

Whatever my latest thing is, which could really be anything.

Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)
    Yes, I've had this happen a number of times, actually. I prefer it to the alternative. I'm unfailingly direct, so if the other person is as well it makes me feel like less of a dork. Pick up lines engender the response from me of, "Why the hell would you make all that shit up? Out with it, all right?" I find false pretenses irritating to no end...

Oh, and I'm married btw, so this is just advice...

EDIT: Oh and yeah, I will make new friends just like that, just as you say your experience has been with those you think to be ISFP. And yes, I will be touchy-feely like that. But I will also forget you the second I walk out of the room... sorry.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmm... alone. Same at home.

Usually I stay in and watch movies or play video games... bake stuff... read... whatever passes the time by. On the weekend... eh, prolly the same as any other day. I don't really like going out alot unless it's to buy certain stuff (or to travel somewhere with nice scenery).

Nah.... bars aren't my thing. I like quiet environments.

I try to stay comfortable but like dressing up. Usually in something colorful and matching. Sometimes I just like to wear slack clothes (but only if they flatter my body).

Random stuff. Some of my thoughts are too complex to type down for me. I think alot about the people I know/around me too though. Sometimes I also just think about the universe as a whole while questioning my existance and whatnots.

Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind?
    ...No.
    4w5.

"We trust the local doctor, we trust the medicine.
    Our child gets a scratch, we get our child a brand new head.
    We eat what's on our plate, we drink what's in our cup...
    We like the shiny TV screen, it spits, we lap it up...
    They sing a song, we hum along.
    We sing; but we don't understand the words to the song."
    -- High As A Horse

I'm not a women but I am ISFP.
    [*]When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home?

By myself with others.

[*]What would you usually do on an average day? weekend?

Go outside

[*]Do you ever go to bars and/or clubs? If so, what is it you're usually doing?

No, sometimes, drinking.

[*]What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?

Pass

[*]What do you spend most of your time thinking about?

Don't think, feel.

[*]Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)

Pass