• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Questions for the ISFP women

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think I have met only 3 ISFP women out of hundreds upon hundreds—I wasn't into this whole personality type thing in the past—from what I remember; they were very gentle. They were very easy on the eyes, barely said a word, but communicated a lot through their eyes, and gestures. They made like no logical sense or effort up to the point of silliness, and I liked that. I felt a lot of comfort with them, I'm pretty sure they did too because we'd be hugging, hand holding, and acting like romantic kids within minutes. And I just met them in places like the mall, H&M, street etc. They were all alone. That probably means something.

Then again, maybe I haven't met one!

Either way, that's all the past, and now I want to look into the future!

So my questions:

• When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home?
  • What would you usually do on an average day? weekend?
  • Do you ever go to bars and/or clubs? If so, what is it you're usually doing?
  • What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?
  • What do you spend most of your time thinking about?
  • Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)
I hope you understand where I'm coming from with these questions!

I'm trying to get a better understanding of this as my (ENFP) friend who studies MBTI/Socionics tells me I should look out for my "dual" with supposedly is the one and only ISFP.

Do I have to invent a ISFP-GPS LEO satellite to track you down?! I think I have the number to Lockheed Martin on speed dial...

Seriously, I have binoculars, on my head, and a back up telescope on my back, and I'm trying to find you! Where are you?! (echo)

:)

sunshinebrighter

MBTI Type
IXFP
* When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home?

Alone. At home with someone comfortable. Freedom is a BIG thing when it comes to finding someone comfortable. Let the ISFP do their thing. Don't try to push them toward something that YOU think is best for them. They will most likely disagree and lose their trust in you.

I had to drop my best guy friend because of this.

* What would you usually do on an average day? weekend?

Doing some sort of personal art or sewing project. Abandon it after 2 hours. Repeat process. Not very good at completing tasks.

* Do you ever go to bars and/or clubs? If so, what is it you're usually doing?

No. If I ever am at one of those, I'm usually in the corner hiding or trying my best to "fit in" dancing with my friends.

* What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?

Fashion forward. But not trendy. You won't see me wearing AE, Hollister or A&Fitch just because it is the "in" thing to wear. Personally I don't care about trends. Anything that looks good on me I think is timeless.

At the same time sweats and a T-shirt are very comfortable. Since I don't care about impressing others I will wear that on many occasions for the comfort.

I have a wide range of fashion they wear. One day sweats and T-shirt, the next day a sun dress and the next day a leather jacket punk look. Keeping things fun!

* What do you spend most of your time thinking about?

My relationships with family and friends if there is a problem going on. Very sensitive about those things. Just can't get it out of my head.

Other then that odds things about my surrounding. I point out things that no one ever notice.

* Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)

I have. It never worked out for them. Being cynical by nature my guard will be up.

The best thing to do is not be so direct. Never just walk up to them and ask "Tell me about yourself?" "What is your favorite music?" and the other bland crap. You are putting pressure on the girl to make her feel like she needs to entertain you.

The best approach I think is to talk about the surroundings like I mentioned before. Ask them about the beer they are drinking whether it tastes good or not because you never tried it and wonder whether you should order it.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
According to different tests my P is well developed too ;), so I take the liberty to answer your questions:

[*]When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home?

Alone or with one or two friends at most. I love to be home just by myself.

[*]What would you usually do on an average day? weekend?

Playing the piano, doodling, cooking, glass-painting, i.e. doing creative things with my hands. Also reading, watching .... say, Monty Python episodes and other humor-packed films. Or posting on my own blog.

[*]Do you ever go to bars and/or clubs? If so, what is it you're usually doing?

No, never. I don't like meeting new people and I avoid crowd.

[*]What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?

I like colorful outfits: all kinds of clear, vivid colors. I have a laid-back style in an artsy way. Also, I have quite a few clothes from ZARA kids clothes shops - this is very cheerful stuff. My favorite patterns are flowers and stripes.

[*]What do you spend most of your time thinking about?

People and relationships

[*]Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)

I don't remember such cases. I prefer creative ways of approaching me.

KarliJoanne

MBTI Type
ISFP
The description you gave sounds like things people have said about me before. My boyfriend of nearly four years (he's an ISTP) just told me that every time he thinks he has me figured out I do something he never would have guessed, and that he loves that about me :)

When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home?

When outside I like to be alone, or with one close friend. At home, I currently spend a lot of time alone, but I do find it lonely. I like to have people around that are close to me at home, probably because I grew up in a large family.

What would you usually do on an average day? weekend?

On an average day I go to work/school. I am doing research about water resources. Then I come home and usually cook a nice healthy dinner, relax and play with my cat, maybe read, draw, talk to my boyfriend on the phone, sometimes clean up, and then go to sleep.
On the weekend I either travel to visit my boyfriend or he travels here to see me. Usually we do something fun outside during the day and then make dinner together and relax in the evening.

Do you ever go to bars and/or clubs? If so, what is it you're usually doing?

Not so much. I enjoy going to low key bars with close friends where we can sit down at a table and share a pitcher.

What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?

My clothes are usually earthy colors and comfortable. I love the outdoors and nature, and so I think that reflects in the clothes that I tend to think look nice. Likewise, my jewelry is also earthy.

What do you spend most of your time thinking about?

I think mostly about the people in my life. I also am preoccupied often by my surroundings, how nice the sun feels, how cold my feet are, how pretty the wind sounds, stuff like that.

Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)

Perhaps it's silly, but honestly, any guy who just approaches me out of the blue makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I value people who are direct once I know them, but it takes a little time, or else it might scare me. I prefer to meet people through friends or groups and develop a friendship before I even consider dating or a relationship. I don't know if other ISFP women are this way, but that may be why it's a bit hard to find them. I don't think ISFP's are very good at casual dating since we invest so much into our relationships. A person who approaches me with interest based only on my appearance doesn't peak my interest. The good news is that ISFP's like to do stuff. If you're looking to meet a nice ISFP girl, join a hiking club, take an art class, volunteer at the animal shelter, something like that.

B

brainheart

This all mildly creeps me out, but I will answer anyway...

Depends on where I am. If it's someplace beautiful and exciting that I've never been before then I like to be by myself so I can focus my attention on it/become absorbed in it. If it's a crappy boring place I'd like to be with someone I find interesting/fun. At home I mainly like to be by myself so I can work on whatever I'm working on.

Pretend that I'm busy but then totally waste my time. I don't know, go for a hike, go for a run, go to a museum, check out new books at the library that I won't finish reading, thrift store shopping, record stores, book stores.

I live for good live music. Hate bad live music. If it is good, I will be entranced and you'd better not bug me. If it's bad, I will be getting drunk. But if it's bad, it's also rare that I will be there because I avoid bad music like the plague. But your definition of bad may be different than my definition of bad. And if they are different,that could pose a serious problem...

What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?
Typically thrift store stuff. I wear it if it feels right, if it seems like something I would wear. Sometimes I buy stuff that's completely not me as well, because I want to try out a new persona. If I'm wearing that, I will look incredibly uncomfortable and self-conscious. I wear clothes that convey 'me'.

Whatever my latest thing is, which could really be anything.

Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)
Yes, I've had this happen a number of times, actually. I prefer it to the alternative. I'm unfailingly direct, so if the other person is as well it makes me feel like less of a dork. Pick up lines engender the response from me of, "Why the hell would you make all that shit up? Out with it, all right?" I find false pretenses irritating to no end...

Oh, and I'm married btw, so this is just advice... :newwink:

EDIT: Oh and yeah, I will make new friends just like that, just as you say your experience has been with those you think to be ISFP. And yes, I will be touchy-feely like that. But I will also forget you the second I walk out of the room... sorry.

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm... alone. Same at home.

Usually I stay in and watch movies or play video games... bake stuff... read... whatever passes the time by. On the weekend... eh, prolly the same as any other day. I don't really like going out alot unless it's to buy certain stuff (or to travel somewhere with nice scenery).

Nah.... bars aren't my thing. I like quiet environments.

I try to stay comfortable but like dressing up. Usually in something colorful and matching. Sometimes I just like to wear slack clothes (but only if they flatter my body).

Random stuff. Some of my thoughts are too complex to type down for me. I think alot about the people I know/around me too though. Sometimes I also just think about the universe as a whole while questioning my existance and whatnots.

Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind?
...No. :(

wolfy

awsm
I'm not a women but I am ISFP.

[*]When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home?

By myself with others.

Go outside

No, sometimes, drinking.

[*]What type of clothes do you usually wear? Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?

Pass

Don't think, feel.

[*]Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions. (That's the way I come across; direct)

Pass

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Maya is an ISFP. i will see if i can get her to come in here and reply to this.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Umm.. I'll go for it. If i'm an esfp, i'm the most introverted one you'll meet! Or if i'm an ISFP, well there ya go!

• [*]When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone? What about at home? With others either way.. I'm a bit more private in my home though. I don't really like having people over, i'd rather go to their house/ out. I don't mind if roommate's friends come over for some reason though. I actually enjoy it.
    There is no average day really. Most of the time I am working or going to school. Mid week I try to get out a couple of times to do something fun. Out to eat with friends, shopping, out for a brew at the bar. I'm up for a big event mid week too once in a while. Concert or something. I will survive the next day! Often times i'm just lazy, blow things off, go for a jog, watch a show, talk on the phone, facebook, type c, text.

Weekend I do the grocery shopping and catch up on chores. I go out definitely at least one of the two nights and sometimes both and sometimes all three!! (All three: Thursday, Friday, Saturday.) During the day I go to the beach if its nice, spend time with family and close friends, take little day trips or two day trips to visit people from further away if I can, catch up with the non- every day people.
    Yes I prefer bars over clubs. I'm usually sitting at the bar watching the game and talking to some guy or blowing off some guy or talking to a friend or two. Clubs or dance scenes I'm often pounding beers and shots as fast as I possibly can so I can get out there and dance comfortably!!
    Between clinical and work i'm in my uniform much of the time.
    When I'm at home I'm definitely wearing pjamas.
    When i'm out at class, grocery shopping, casual lunch, beach, hiking, walking the dog, getting my hair done, etc. I'm wearing a white shirt of varying styles, jeans, and flip flops, with the jacket that matches the weather. Maybe short heels and more accessories depending on the mood. When i'm exhausted i'm wearing probably a cap, sweatpants, sweatshirt. I always try to make my hair and makeup decent. When i'm out at night I wear high heels with more dressy jeans, a more tailored/styled shirt, (often black or white) and earrings and just cuter hair and such. Doesn't convey anything! Comfort and cuteness are key.
    What i'm doing right at the moment.
    My job/career.

YES.:wubbie: This is the most guaranteed way to catch my attention. Almost nobody uses this approach and almost everybody gets ignored.

And I don't actually respond that much differently whether I like someone or not. Last two times guys took the direct approach, they left me alone cause they thought I didn't like them. (I was mostly just nervous.) I remember being half drunk and stumbling around in my own little corner and hearing guy say to my friend "She's beautiful but she won't talk to me! So what can I do? (shrugs)." I just kept a stumbling around and never really did anything about it. So my suggestion is that if you meet someone like this just keep persisting, especially if they are responding somewhat. hope that helps!

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
So my questions:

• When outside, do you prefer to be with others or alone?
    I'm perfectly happy either way. I have no preference at all. I like to have someone to talk to but I also like the freedom and independence of walking by myself. I usually meet people and dogs when I am on my walks. I have made friends that way.

What about at home? I don't really care to be home alone (arrrrrrgh!)
  • What would you usually do on an average day? weekend?
    Take walks, draw in my sketch book, do some pet sitting at other people's houses, crochet, update my blog, go to church, work in my garden, go to choir rehearsal, go to historical society meetings, write in my journal, look for freelance work...
  • Do you ever go to bars and/or clubs?
    No, they are too noisy for my sensitive ears.

If so, what is it you're usually doing?
  • What type of clothes do you usually wear?
    I usually wear pants and a shirt. When the mood strikes, I'll wear a dress or a skirt.

Do you do it to convey something? Express you mood? or something else?
    My clothing has to be comfortable. I prefer cotton. I like to take really long walks and I don't want to spend any time thinking about how uncomfortable my clothing is.
  • What do you spend most of your time thinking about? Food, cats, friends, family, music, soap opera, my parents, bullet trains, bike paths, my next adventure...
  • Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind? I'm not talking about a pick up line, I'm talking about if he's nervous he will say so, he finds you attractive he will say so, and not ask for the time or directions.

No, but I would really appreciate that.

Maya Z

MBTI Type
ISFP
Maya is an ISFP. i will see if i can get her to come in here and reply to this.

He finally got me in here and it only took me what? 3 days?? What can I say....

I prefer to be with friends if we are out and about. At home? I love to have Kingfisher around as much as possible, but otherwise I prefer to be alone!! I love to have a party at home once in a while, but I normally prefer to be alone.

I spend a lot of time at home. Reading, playing music. And I like to be outside as much as possible. I go exploring a lot. People have this idea that I'm very social and extroverted, but I actually spend a lot of time alone.

I like going to a regular bar that's warm and cozy with the same small group of friends. We talk a lot, and joke and have fun. I don't like clubs at all.

I dress simple, I go for comfort. I wear tanktops and jeans. I like to wear sarongs a lot too. And pajamas, I wear pajamas more than any other clothes!! I wear pajams everywhere. :laugh:

I don't know! I think in pictures and sounds and music a lot.

Yes, that is how Kingfisher got me. ;)

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Thanks everybody.

Something tells me I have been overlooking ISFPs a whole lot.

The only two ISFPs I know are my mother's (INFJ) boyfriend and my friend's friend. They are guys though. They almost always don't talk as much, and really seem like they are bored, but even when I ask them directly they say they are not, or are just thinking.

My friend who is into this MBTI/Socionics tells me that is probably the biggest misunderstanding of ISFPs; that they can come across as they are bored or not interested, but they really are deep down.

Like i mentioned in the other thread, stereotypically speaking, the only image I have of an ISFP (by reading these responses) is a "woman in a flowery dress skipping the street singing la-la-la to herself smiling at the sun." Like a simple girl (which is not a bad thing at all), actually is a good thing to me. The reason I asked about the clothes is because two things: if there was a pattern (which I do sorta see) and if it has been matching up with what I have been going to. In other words, I wanted to see if it was close (or not) to the type of woman I'm usually attracted to; and they are dressed very casual to "classy" as I like to call it. Almost like dressing up not for any rules, but for choice, or simply "just because." This is what I go by at first glance when I meet women, so there is hardly any "I know her from a friend" type of deal going on, because it's in random common situations.

Even with that said, I'm guessing I'll hardly run into an ISFP at a bar or club. Now the question is where most likely would I run into one? My only guess is at a art school, galleries, or maybe even fashion show; hell I like that (I even designed/tailored some of my clothes, but that's another long ENTP story!)

What also stands out and I like the most of the responses is the whole idea of independence, which is something I want to have and give. Freedom is key, or metaphorically speaking; setting the birds free, and not caging them in. More love, less obligation.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
The only two ISFPs I know are my mother's (INFJ) boyfriend and my friend's friend. They are guys though. They almost always don't talk as much, and really seem like they are bored, but even when I ask them directly they say they are not, or are just thinking.

My friend who is into this MBTI/Socionics tells me that is probably the biggest misunderstanding of ISFPs; that they can come across as they are bored or not interested, but they really are deep down.

I'm just like that, I bet they are interested, usually I'm so quiet, I'm not even that aware of my quietness at the time because I'm actually quite intent and absorbing everything going on. I think we are observers first and foremost.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My mom is an ISFP. A lovely woman really. I just called (I know it's eight in the morning :blush:) and asked her these questions. I hope they help.

I prefer to be alone although I'm warm to other people. I like socializing, but I have to limit it. I'm a home-body. I like to curl up and watch a good movie instead of going out on a Saturday night.

Go to the market, do some shopping, buy some flowers for the house, etc.

It's been a long time :laugh:. But I used to go with friends a lot when I lived in San Diego. I loved music and dancing, so I got that in my early twenties from going to clubs.

I dress very feminine. I take my time when dressing up because the process is so gratifying. It does express my mood. I feel young and fresh and new wearing one of my favorite pieces.

Learning, painting, death (because I'm getting older)

Has a man ever came up to you with a honest no-bullshit approach and spoke his mind?
Yes. Both of the men I loved in my life were ESTPs. They were very direct and always told me exactly what they felt. There was never any pretense, and I liked that.

Mind you, my mother is in her late 40s (49), so her answers may vary from the other ISFPs on this thread due to age/experience.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My mom is an ISFP. A lovely woman really. I just called (I know it's eight in the morning :blush:) and asked her these questions. I hope they help.

I prefer to be alone although I'm warm to other people. I like socializing, but I have to limit it. I'm a home-body. I like to curl up and watch a good movie instead of going out on a Saturday night.

Go to the market, do some shopping, buy some flowers for the house, etc.

It's been a long time :laugh:. But I used to go with friends a lot when I lived in San Diego. I loved music and dancing, so I got that in my early twenties from going to clubs.

I dress very feminine. I take my time when dressing up because the process is so gratifying. It does express my mood. I feel young and fresh and new wearing one of my favorite pieces.

Learning, painting, death (because I'm getting older)

Yes. Both of the men I loved in my life were ESTPs. They were very direct and always told me exactly what they felt. There was never any pretense, and I liked that.

Mind you, my mother is in her late 40s (49), so her answers may vary from the other ISFPs on this thread due to age/experience.

Thanks, that helped a lot.

I'm getting a picture I'm forming in my mind of a very simple, feminine, bright, low-key type of person...

Not a bad thing at all.

Just the thing is...

A donde? Where would I find a nice ISFP? Where most likely? Less likely? etc. :)