User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Default Sensing People through the Eyes of an Intuit

Another question... I found out I'm, that I know of, the only Sensing one out of everyone. They're any combination of N types. haha So I'm wondering how intuits see sensing people generally. I often feel...I'm not taken to all too well. Like my approaches are wild and misleading. My friends and neutral family are a bunch of Ns. I only just noticed. So are sensing people sometimes seen as irrational to intuits? I'm more interested than worried.
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Oh goodness, no, we don't think sensors are irrational (except you, ESFPs ). Especially ISTPs, who typically have brains and are actually rooted in reality, unlike their N brethren.

Sometimes I get impatient with them, as their goals and priorities are often very different from mine. It's also difficult to explain the way I think about some concepts to them. They just give me a blank expression and say "you mean like...x/y/z?" No. That's not what I mean. Sigh.

Anyway, that might be what you're seeing. Ns around you probably want to share their ideas with you, but struggle to translate the abstract into concrete terms
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

your resident asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just get this feeling that they're listening to me thinking....oookkkaaayyy...but why is this important? why do you care about this? and why are you telling me this...what am i supposed to do with it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    Bald

^ Very very true in some instances ._.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Oh goodness, no, we don't think sensors are irrational (except you, ESFPs ). Especially ISTPs, who typically have brains and are actually rooted in reality, unlike their N brethren.

Sometimes I get impatient with them, as their goals and priorities are often very different from mine. It's also difficult to explain the way I think about some concepts to them. They just give me a blank expression and say "you mean like...x/y/z?" No. That's not what I mean. Sigh.

Anyway, that might be what you're seeing. Ns around you probably want to share their ideas with you, but struggle to translate the abstract into concrete terms
    I'm with Poppy. If I'm struck by anything, when dealing with a strong S, it's the capacity to maintain a narrow focus on the present moment. And I'll add that I even envy it a little.

It does get frustrating, trying to 'translate' N thoughts into something that'll fit intelligibly into the narrower S context. I get impationt with differences in goals & priorities, too.

But sometimes I find feedback from an S point-of-view really useful, because it's really easy to lose sight of the trees from the forest when you're a strong N.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. View Post
    Another question... I found out I'm, that I know of, the only Sensing one out of everyone. They're any combination of N types. haha So I'm wondering how intuits see sensing people generally. I often feel...I'm not taken to all too well. Like my approaches are wild and misleading. My friends and neutral family are a bunch of Ns. I only just noticed. So are sensing people sometimes seen as irrational to intuits? I'm more interested than worried.
    Ah, I agree with Poppy again.

They're great people: they live in the moment and typically avoid the general N pitfall of over-analyzing information where it is not needed. Seriously, I think several iNtuitives need your group's daily dosage of reality a.s.a.p.

Nevertheless, they can get 'stuck' in their mindset like the intuitives, and it can be challenging for someone else to explain why reading behind the lines or questioning the underlying purpose are necessary. And everything, including the most obvious meanings, must be spelled out piece by piece in a linear fashion, if you're dealing with a sensor with zero intuition. There's little room to jump around from thought to thought; it does sometimes feel suffocating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i just get this feeling that they're listening to me thinking....oookkkaaayyy...but why is this important? why do you care about this? and why are you telling me this...what am i supposed to do with it?
    I use Te more often around sensors than I do with other intuitives (except the NTJs). Explaining my ideas in an action-ready format saves plenty of those "Huh?", "What's the point?" and the "You're over-thinking this" expressions for a more constructive moment.

Yet everything becomes a larger pain when I must explain my Ni to someone else, and it's complicated by the fact that many people simply do not live in the far, far distant future as I do. I loose just about everyone except the strong Ni dominants and those who are decades older than I am.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. View Post
    Not in general, actually. I'm more likely to see other Intuitives as irrational than Sensors, if they've made different leaps than myself. I really only see sensors as irrational if they're religious fundamentalists or something like that. Their decisions usually make sense in context of what they value.

I'd say Sensors just seem a little... slow, but more thorough. And maybe superficial. But definitely not irrational. I'd be quicker to call myself irrational.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Yes I get that a lot too. I tend to more feel like the irrational one. Sometimes when I'm around sensors (and it appears I have the opposite situation you have Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.) I feel like I have nothing to contribute because whenever I open my mouth all this useless nonsense comes out.

And if you sensors would like some compliments (and who doesn't ), here:

I feel humbled by sensors' grounded practicality. I'm impressed by their ability to see their path and others' with (seemingly) such ease. I admire how deeply they are in touch and in sync with their world. I envy their ability to feel and experience things so deeply and intimately without over-analyzing it. Sometimes I'm too busy thinking about how I should react instead of just reacting or I'm too busy making something about something else rather than just taking it as it is. I struggle to let go and just 'be' sometimes, which can, paradoxically, lead to a more shallow experience of life. I have the sense, for example, that I could never feel the awe and wonder my ISFP friend feels at the sight of a beautiful bird or a spectacular sunset.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Yes I get that a lot too. I tend to more feel like the irrational one. Sometimes when I'm around sensors (and it appears I have the opposite situation you have Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.) I feel like I have nothing to contribute because whenever I open my mouth all this useless nonsense comes out.

And if you sensors would like some compliments (and who doesn't ), here:

I feel humbled by sensors' grounded practicality. I'm impressed by their ability to see their path and others' with (seemingly) such ease. I admire how deeply they are in touch and in sync with their world. I envy their ability to feel and experience things so deeply and intimately without over-analyzing it. Sometimes I'm too busy thinking about how I should react instead of just reacting or I'm too busy making something about something else rather than just taking it as it is. I struggle to let go and just 'be' sometimes, which can, paradoxically, lead to a more shallow experience of life. I have the sense, for example, that I could never feel the awe and wonder my ISFP friend feels at the sight of a beautiful bird or a spectacular sunset.
    right...not entirely present....somewhere on here i posted a pic that described my mood or something of someone one a marry go round...it's like that....this life happening around you but you're not quite paying attention...like some of it gets in but not all of it....know what i mean?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison