First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Y'know, I agree to a certain extent with that logic...but only a teeny bit. I'm an ISTP, but not EVERYthing about me is ISTP. I don't expect most people to be their MBTI to the letter. I'm not sure he got that, tho. I have two confirmed ISTJ friends and they're so different, it's ridiculous. I don't think of them the same way at all even if some of their inner workings are similar.

I didn't get why he was so anti-MBTI (and I still don't get it). It's just like everything else on the planet...imperfect. Take it with a grain of salt, dude.
    I do agree to an extent as well. But yes, two people of the same type can and will differ greatly. Sometimes people use MBTi to pigeonhole others, but I've never seen it that way.

His Te needs proofz and doesn't appreciate fuzziness. If it can't be measured and obviously evidenced, it's BS.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I do agree to an extent as well. But yes, two people of the same type can and will differ greatly. Sometimes people use MBTi to pigeonhole others, but I've never seen it that way.

His Te needs proofz and doesn't appreciate fuzziness. If it can't be measured and obviously evidenced, it's BS.
    That's why KTT is much better, imo.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I just had to go "seek my fortune". I'm not precisely sure, actually. I had to explore and leave that house. I felt a lot of pressure there and felt like I was totally stuck in a rut.
    I feel ya.
    There was one time, one night, I went walking around a city alone all night and into the morning. I eventually went and slept in a friend of mine's car. I was scared as hell though. I was pretty sure something terrible was going to happen to me. You weren't afraid of being robbed or something? Three days?!

Yeah...I don't always get my INTJ friends. The guy finds the WEIRDEST reasons to like/dislike some things. He kinda hates on MBTI 'cause he doesn't like being typed or classified as anything.

My ENTP friend...I don't always get him either, but he seems to make more sense than the INTJs, maybe 'cause he talks more...... His car is FULL of crap. Only reason his house isn't is 'cause he's got a wife obsessed with cleaning.

Not sure how I got on that spiel, but there it is!
    Haha. I love reading what people have to say, so no worries.

I think MBTI is good for making generalizations about someone, but there are a lot of factors that play into who someone really is at the core.

I know an ENTP packrat too! But I can't talk too much about her because I used to be really bad about being a packrat when I was younger. It took me owning my own house and my own car to really care about rather my stuff looked neat and organized. And actually....a lot of times, I still don't really care that much. I'm just am better at the whole organization thing, so things don't get out of hand anymore. Are you neat and organized?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I think MBTI is good for making generalizations about someone, but there are a lot of factors that play into who someone really is at the core.
    Agreed!

I know an ENTP packrat too! But I can't talk too much about her because I used to be really bad about being a packrat when I was younger. It took me owning my own house and my own car to really care about rather my stuff looked neat and organized. And actually....a lot of times, I still don't really care that much. I'm just am better at the whole organization thing, so things don't get out of hand anymore. Are you neat and organized?
    I really try to not be a packrat. I'm not organized at all, but I can usually get rid of things or throw them out. My mom (ISFJ) is another great packrat. I have a housekeeper that comes by twice a week and *she* keeps me organized. I'm really a disaster when it comes to chores. I didn't have any growing up and even if I had...I just HATE housekeeping! The house gets dirty/messy again so quickly! D:
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ESTP

I feel ya.
    There was one time, one night, I went walking around a city alone all night and into the morning. I eventually went and slept in a friend of mine's car. I was scared as hell though. I was pretty sure something terrible was going to happen to me. You weren't afraid of being robbed or something? Three days?!
    Naw, I can take care of myself. Or maybe I'm just overly optimistic.

I slept in discreet places, too. But I did walk through some rough neighborhoods at night. The only thing that scared me was not being able to find my way back at first, added to my sickness.

Temperament + character = personality
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I didn't say "generally pleasant conversation." I can do that too. I said "normal" meaning about exactly the kind of topics you said you don't like discussing. Details and events of everyday life.

You've said exactly the opposite of this in the past, so that's the kind of thing i'm talking about when I say "it didn't seem that way."

Well, I'm certainly not "accusing" you of anything. And yes, I know what it's like to have substantial Pness.

Fair enough. I'm the last person to try to tell other people that I know them better than they know themselves. All i do is call em like I see em. And for several months, you have convincingly played the part of an SP here. Anybody can show different faces to the world in different arenas, all I can go on is what is presented to me. It's not an attempt to call you wrong, just to point out that it's natural for people to be a bit surprised by such an about-face. (And I'm not talking about closeness of letters on tests, I know you said all along they were close, I'm talking about a fundamental change in temperament.)

Well, i don't embrace types, but I do embrace people. In all of our conversations, you have seemed to me to be a pretty cool guy, and I have seen no reason to change that opinion yet.

The subject of type "mask" is definitely one I have been interested in, and whenever it's been discussed here I have tried to read as attentively as I could about it. There's a topic going on the Keirsey forum about "Nature vs Nurture" that tackles some of that subject too. How much is our personality shaped by our environment and how much is inborn? It's a fascinating subject, but one we'll probably never have all the answers to.
    Actually take no offense to this but you helped in the realization that I don't have as much interest in that stuff

And yeah they say INTPs do that... but eh in this SF world we do what we need to do to survive

MBTI
    INFJ

Naw, I can take care of myself. Or maybe I'm just overly optimistic.
    Both? In any case, both +'s. Keep up the good work.

I slept in discreet places, too. But I did walk through some rough neighborhoods at night. The only thing that scared me was not being able to find my way back at first, added to my sickness.
    Sickness? The partial details are killing me. I'm too nosy for my own good, I know. The ENFP is "The Reporter" though, so forgive me.

Temperament + character = personality
    Agreed.

MBTI
    ESTP

Yeah, I don't know if it was just an effect of the weather or not, but I actually felt like I was dying. I wanted to die, at least.

No, I guess it couldn't've been the weather, cuz it only lasted for a few minutes. At the time it seemed like I was walking through hell. The whole thing was actually kind of a spiritual pilgrimage for me. I was standing around one minute and the next I felt like flames were engulfing me and my throat hurt so bad I could barely breathe. It seemed like all the lust I had ever harbored inside was rising up and attacking me. I had pretended to be sorry before, but then I was really sorry, y'know? Every negative thought I'd ever had, even those that had been buried for years, suddenly rose up and consumed my mind until I found myself cowering behind a tree shivering in the cold wind, snot running down my chin.

When I decided I'd had enough, when it really changed my mind and heart, I immediately got up and tried to find my way back but got lost because the street names were the same as across the bay. I got frustrated and cried for a bit and finally just slept in a Safeway bathroom until morning when I found a map and arrived home again.

The whole thing actually seemed to follow exactly the pathway that a Christian mystic had outlined several centuries ago. It helped me at the time to know I wasn't just falling off the edge of the world. I had never guessed, though, that it would ever have been that severe.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    T2

Hmmm, if many of the people you know are INFJ's like myself (Which is unlikley since we only make up 3% of the earths population.) you should know we're gifted with both extraverted sensing and feeling, so we probably know completey where your coming from.

That being said you should also know that we're also predominantly introverted intuitives. So while we might understand your way of doing things, we are also probably deep in comptiplation about something or another. Or it's also possible that we're at our recharge point, wherein we become very withdrawn. It's a much need defense mechinism that prevents us from becoming emotional recks.

But most of the time were outgoing and intrested in others, so if your able to befriend an INFG you'll have a good and fun buddy for all time. Just let us crawl back into our shells every once in awhile.
    There is no question about wether or not we'll die. The real question is, will you truley live?

MBTI
    INFJ

I really try to not be a packrat. I'm not organized at all, but I can usually get rid of things or throw them out. My mom (ISFJ) is another great packrat. I have a housekeeper that comes by twice a week and *she* keeps me organized. I'm really a disaster when it comes to chores. I didn't have any growing up and even if I had...I just HATE housekeeping! The house gets dirty/messy again so quickly! D:

Ha! My mom is an ESTJ, and she's super clean. Like, you could lick the floor in her house kinda clean. But she refuses to throw stuff away. She's got three different storage facilities storing crap from 1965. It's crazy.

It's hard for me to let stuff go if I think about it, so I still have most of my things from my childhood. I've got backpacks from nearly every grade, and everything is still as I left it.

I had a housekeeper when I had my son, which was so helpful. Now that I've got the cleaning thing under control, I need a chef.